+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 124 FirstFirst ... 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 57 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3095

Re: The StubHub Thread

Can someone please remind me what the MLB cutoff for StubHub is? I thought it was 2 hours, but it seems to be 4.

Addicted Member

It's 2 hours, tickets are still up for today's game at 4:07pm. It should close at exactly 2:07pm. Unless I'm looking at this chart wrong there are only 250 tickets left lol but it is their could be sweep game, on to the WS.
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

NYYF Legend

Chances are the Yankees will be giving their blessing to the TicketsNow system (owned by ticketmaster) and dumping stubhub next year. Just wanted to put it out there that the Knicks moved to TicketsNow this year and they put in a token floor of $10. That tells me they recognize that the market will set prices below face value, but they won't let their brand (under their approval) collapse for pennies. Yankees may do the same thing.

But all that matters little when people are still posting on stubhub right up until game time next year with instant PDF download.

Addicted Member

The only thing I'll miss is the generation of a new barcode, I liked that extra layer of security. I never had problems with my tickets before they implemented this process but I wish they could still do it. Will hard ticket delivery option return?
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
    Will hard ticket delivery option return?
    no doubt, and the 2 hours expiration will be a thing of the past. But keep in mind, fedex is not guaranteed to be hard tickets. Someone can legitimately complete the sale by dropping printouts inside the envelope.

The only risk you will have next year is that a buyer can claim he was denied entry and because SH will not have re issued the bar code, you pretty much are effed (as a seller) because there is no way to prove he wasn't denied entry. Using hard tickets greatly eliminates the possibility of this happening but obviously eliminates selling up until game time.

Certain events (rap, UFC, etc) have a much higher % of buyers trying to pull scams, so I would think selling tix on SH to a Yankees game would be relatively "safe" especially if they are in the <$200 range. Anything greater than that and people are tempted to buy the tickets, go to the event, and then a day later call SH and claim they couldn't get in. They obviously can't pull this crap on a regular basis and a small % of times, they are actually telling the truth. SH totally effs the seller when something like this occurs- you lose the sale, have to pay for replacement tickets and they usually give the buyer a Fancode as well= not good.

If the Yankees really want to, they can bring back the $2 per seat PDF fee. On the $20 seats, that's 10% of the price.

Yeah- some teams charge you to print the PDF tickets and others don't . It's pure gravy for the ones that do charge so it would not shock me at all if the Yankees did. Its an option I would not want to give up though because at the last minute, if you can not upload a PDF on SH, your only other option is to get them to a hustler who can sell them on the street and we all know how well that works

NYYF Cy Young

Got this in an email today from A View From My Seat .com Just thought I would share.

Ticket Master & StubHub extensions are available for Firefox, Chrome & Safari.

Improvements to the StubHub Extensions
    • Designed to fit their new layout
    • Has a small photo from that section next to the listing
    • You can login and upload photos from the StubHub extensions to AVFMS
    New! TicketMaster Extensions
    • No matter how you get to TicketMaster the extension works
    • The photo box appears on the page where you pick your seat and the one with the seating chart
    Here are more Screenshots of the TicketMaster Extension

What's new on AViewFromMySeat.com
    • You can now search by row and seat on the right side of the venue pages
    • After picking your row you can now pick your seat
    • After picking your seat you'll see all the photos from there
    http://aviewfrommyseat.com/

Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Chances are the Yankees will be giving their blessing to the TicketsNow system (owned by ticketmaster) and dumping stubhub next year. Just wanted to put it out there that the Knicks moved to TicketsNow this year and they put in a token floor of $10. That tells me they recognize that the market will set prices below face value, but they won't let their brand (under their approval) collapse for pennies. Yankees may do the same thing.

But all that matters little when people are still posting on stubhub right up until game time next year with instant PDF download.
    Was looking at the TicketsNow marketplace for the Jets, and they have a floor of face value. So that the Knicks put in a token floor of $10 and the Jets won't let you sell below face means the teams can decide where the bottom is. I'll be interested to find out what the Yankees decide to do. I'm sure they'll have some sort of floor, their egos won't allow otherwise (which also means stubhub will continue to dominate for 90% of games)

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Was looking at the TicketsNow marketplace for the Jets, and they have a floor of face value. So that the Knicks put in a token floor of $10 and the Jets won't let you sell below face means the teams can decide where the bottom is. I'll be interested to find out what the Yankees decide to do. I'm sure they'll have some sort of floor, their egos won't allow otherwise (which also means stubhub will continue to dominate for 90% of games)
    This is new for this year, no? I am a Ranger STH, and their tickemaster secondary marketplace has not allowed me to go below face in prior years. So I've sold the premium games through the ticketmaster (and only 5% commission) and the rest through Stubhub.

I actually think they should set a floor.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    This is new for this year, no? I am a Ranger STH, and their tickemaster secondary marketplace has not allowed me to go below face in prior years. So I've sold the premium games through the ticketmaster (and only 5% commission) and the rest through Stubhub.

The Rangers and Knicks used to use TicketExchange, which is a marketplace by ticketmaster. This year they moved to a new ticketmaster owned company called TicketsNow. The Knicks changed their floor from "box office face" (which was like $45 for my $25 seats a couple seasons ago) to now $10 at the new place

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post

All setting a floor does is mean that instead of getting back some money for games you can't attend, now you have to eat those tickets. Setting a floor is not done for your benefit, its done for the clubs benefit. This way the Knicks And rangers can sell their seats at face and you can't undercut them. People given a choice between your tickets at face And the team selling tickets at face will buy from the team almost every time. This was the team sells more tickets and you can eat your games you can't go to or sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanesq View Post
    All setting a floor does is mean that instead of getting back some money for games you can't attend, now you have to eat those tickets.
    And if they go unsold, you can not demonstrate to the tax man that you took a loss on those tickets...

Cheers!
    -Doug

Addicted Member

SplitSeasonTickets.com - making it easy to share season tickets

I saw this on the SF Giants website here
    http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/s...sontickets.jsp

and tracked it to their website here
    http://public.splitseasontickets.com/index.php

Then contacted the company and was told that they are in negotiations with the NY Yankees now. They asked me to contact my sales rep to request their service.

The team pays to provide the service. Season Ticket holders do not pay anything. Ticket buyers pay $2.50 per ticket capped at $40.00 if and only if they reach an agreement with a STH. In most cases $40 is a very small percentage of the cost of the agreement.

The Rockies, Indians, Twins, Giants and Mariners currently offer this service plus 5 basketball and hockey teams.

I will be emailing my sales rep to request this.

Anyone ever use their services, know of the company, your thoughts, comments??

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/seaso...x.jsp?c_id=nyy thats the link already on website
    Last edited by ellsworth; 10-29-12 at 03:21 PM. Reason: answer

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    No, this is a more robust web service, many more features. Check out the company's website which includes videos of how it works.

Take a look at what the Cubs just did - http://www.ticketnews.com/news/chica...llers101230528

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    Take a look at what the Cubs just did - http://www.ticketnews.com/news/chica...llers101230528
    I am sure there are people who are locked into multi-year deals who would LOVE the Yankees to revoke their tickets..... One should be so lucky....

Cheers!
    -Doug

Here's the key phrase that describes just why they can get away with that:

With a waiting list of nearly 115,000, Chicago Cubs season tickets remain some of the most sought after tickets
    I assume that the Yankees season ticket waiting list has long since dried up.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

There's actually a provision in the law that specifically makes this illegal in New York State

It's been pretty common knowledge in the broker community the last several years that Cubs tickets have been absolute dogs. Even the ChiSox series has been an easy ticket the past few. All of the weekday games against the Pittsburghs, San Diego's and Arizona's of the world= no takers. The following line was comical:

"large market teams" are already crafting plans to take action to purge brokers from their season ticket holder ranks

If that is referring to brokers holding Cubs or Yankees ST's I'm sure they will have no shortgage of volunteers for the purging party

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    It's been pretty common knowledge in the broker community the last several years that Cubs tickets have been absolute dogs. Even the ChiSox series has been an easy ticket the past few. All of the weekday games against the Pittsburghs, San Diego's and Arizona's of the world= no takers. The following line was comical:

"large market teams" are already crafting plans to take action to purge brokers from their season ticket holder ranks

If that is referring to brokers holding Cubs or Yankees ST's I'm sure they will have no shortgage of volunteers for the purging party
    I just checked and I'm up to 96,265 on the Cubs season ticket waiting list. Woo-hoo, almost there baby, only 900 more years!!

Addicted Member

StubHub Q4 Seller Newsletter

StubHub Q4 Seller Newsletter

November is always a busy time at StubHub: another MLB season just wrapped up, NFL teams are lobbying for position as the season is halfway done, and NBA players are just beginning the 2012/2013 campaign. In short: it's the perfect time to check in and tell you about some new features that can help you increase your sales and finish the year out strong.

Quick and easy – scan your barcodes for Instant Download

We've made some exciting enhancements to our mobile apps: when listing your tickets on your iPhone, iPod touch or Android phone, you can now use its camera to quickly scan your barcodes and make your tickets available for Instant Download. Just tap 'Scan barcode' and your tickets are up for Instant Download – it's as easy as that. You can scan barcodes for all events for our integrated partners that allow barcode delivery.

The whole 9 yards – Instant Download until event time

Speaking of Instant Download, we're giving you an additional couple hours to sell your sports tickets! Until recently, listings expired 2 hours before the start of an event. We've changed that. From now on your tickets are available for Instant Download right up to event time. This means, no more worrying about getting your tickets to the Last Minute Service Center in time.

And by the way: tickets offered for Instant Download sold 4 times better on StubHub last quarter compared to the other delivery methods. Try it out! We currently offer an extended listing period for all NFL, NBA, NHL, College Basketball and College Football events.

Meet and greet – our friendly Last Minute Services staff is there for you

Got hard tickets or paper printouts to sell and want to keep them listed right up to event time? Why not give our Last Minute Services a try? Once approved, buyers will have the chance to buy them up to the last minute – and, yes, we mean that literally. Sound interesting? Check out the details about listing with the Last Minute Services.

Thanks for reading. Keep an eye out for our Q1 2013 email – and let us know what you’d like to hear about!

StubHub Customer Service

Yes- the part about being able to buy and sell up until game time is huge, no question about it, as a buyer and or seller.

The only potential issues I can see is if they don't notify you immediately, as a seller, that your tickets have sold. I was at an event Sat night using my season tickets and never got the "your tickets did not sell" email so it did leave me wondering what would happen if the tickets sold and they never bothered to notify me, then I would get hit with the denied entry penalty, which is not good at all

Thread Information