+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 126 FirstFirst ... 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 86 ... LastLast

Re: The StubHub Thread

Sold my 2 tickets for tomorrow night 417 row 14 to someone I know for $120 for the pair. I had thought if it was a clinching game it could go up in price but I figure to walk away with $120 might as well get rid of them now.

NYYF Legend

Well so much for not tanking, prices went down to $20. There apparently just isn't enough demand to fill the place tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Also to note, listing expiration time today is 5:36 pm because of the later start time (7:36)
    Get in the door price now under $25 + fees... with 10 minutes to go....

Looks like the cheapies aren't staying on the site long... If you want to go, better grab and go, and maybe not the cheapest pair because they may be gone by the time you check out, and you won't have enough time to select another pair...

I've been seeing 2-4 tickets dropping off the tally each time I refresh (every 10 seconds or so...). So stock is moving at the bell.

Cheers!
    -Doug

NYYF Legend

At the bell, 1,092 tickets left. Lowest listing $15 /ticket for 420A row 14

Private Suite and Audi club available for $200

Field Outfield starting at $19.99

Well so much for not tanking, prices went down to $20. There apparently just isn't enough demand to fill the place tonight.
    I saw about 1100 left at the bell. GS tickets were there at $15. Many obstructed bleachers at $20. SR Terrace at $20.

There were also blocks of 10+ available at the bell. Go figure. And this strange listing when I must have refreshed right as the chariot turned into a pumpkin.

I wonder who was selling these:
    sh-game-3.jpg

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Attached Images

I have two pairs of ALCS game 1 tickets, and looking for tickets to all the other games as well. I'll have to keep my eye out for prices on Friday if they make it, just to see what I can most likely get away with buying. It'll also be interesting to see what types of tickets they have at the box office. If anyone going could report on that, it would be fantastic.

I know SH has extended the listing time up until game time for some NFL games and I have posted NBA and CBB listings where it claimed the listing would expire at game time.

I never understood the rationale by SH to fold the tent up just as buying/selling would be at a peak, 2 hours before an event. The only thing I could think of is that there is usually a 10 minute delay before the tickets are available for download (which I never understood why that should take so long either).

I would guess SH is leaving at least 5%-10% in extra sales on the table by pulling the plug two hours before game time, in addition to pissing off a lot of people. As evidenced by the new maps they are using, a lot of things they do make no sense.

Lets hope the Yanks bring it home tonight

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    I know SH has extended the listing time up until game time for some NFL games and I have posted NBA and CBB listings where it claimed the listing would expire at game time.

I never understood the rationale by SH to fold the tent up just as buying/selling would be at a peak, 2 hours before an event. The only thing I could think of is that there is usually a 10 minute delay before the tickets are available for download (which I never understood why that should take so long either).

I would guess SH is leaving at least 5%-10% in extra sales on the table by pulling the plug two hours before game time, in addition to pissing off a lot of people. As evidenced by the new maps they are using, a lot of things they do make no sense.

Lets hope the Yanks bring it home tonight
    MLB dictates the cut off time, not SH.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Yeah, the teams want the walk up business where only $400 champion seats are available. When the Yankees opt out next year you'll get listings right up until game time because they'll have no say over what stubhub does

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Not disputing what you are saying but that was SH'S policy with every event/venue prior to very recently, unless the tickets were LMS with local pickup. how do you explain that? What reason would SH have had to cutoff sales at all other venues 2 hours prior to show time?

NYYF Legend

Not disputing what you are saying but that was SH'S policy with every event/venue prior to very recently, unless the tickets were LMS with local pickup. how do you explain that? What reason would SH have had to cutoff sales at all other venues 2 hours prior to show time?
    The original reason was to maximize the amount of time to resolve any buyer problems such as not getting the email or being able to open a PDF. These days stubhub is pretty confident about their delivery systems and the only reason there's ever a 2 hour cutoff is when they have a deal with the team, because the team wants the last minute walk up business.

Just to illustrate this, Stubhub has an agreement specifically with the Philadelphia Flyers (not the NHL), and their tickets expire 2 hours before game time whereas the Rangers expire at game time because stubhub is not affiliated in any way

The original reason was to maximize the amount of time to resolve any buyer problems such as not getting the email or being able to open a PDF. These days stubhub is pretty confident about their delivery systems and the only reason there's ever a 2 hour cutoff is when they have a deal with the team, because the team wants the last minute walk up business.

Just to illustrate this, Stubhub has an agreement specifically with the Philadelphia Flyers (not the NHL), and their tickets expire 2 hours before game time whereas the Rangers expire at game time because stubhub is not affiliated in any way

GG- makes perfect sense then. It's just another way to stick it to the fan and that's what pisses people off. I have KU season tickets- I know they have a deal with SH and they list up until game-time so it must be on a team by team basis whether they shut it down 2 hours early. They may just have used the excuse in the past that they did it to give them time to email the tickets, resolve issues etc when the real reason was the team didn't want cheap tickets competing with the box office.

Greed is NOT good in this case

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I just picked up a ticket for section 231 tonight for $55.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

My tickets for tonight were about $70- for section 134 (without the fees of course from TicketMaster).

11,286 available on SH for Friday. I don't follow these numbers on an every game basis but I have never seen a 50K seat event with 20% of the tickets still listed on SH ONE DAY BEFORE THE ACTUAL EVENT.

Amazing- a Friday night potential winner takes all game and 11,000 tickets still for sale. The Yankees obviously need to take a serious look at their pricing structure as someone has gotten a little carried away at the perceived demand based on the current pricing setup.

The only way to explain it is they have gouged a high % of individuals (the STH's) and they don't want those individuals to find out that the team is unloading similar seats for well under what the STH's paid because there is nowhere near enough demand to sell those extra seats at the face value

NYYF Legend

11,286 available on SH for Friday. I don't follow these numbers on an every game basis but I have never seen a 50K seat event with 20% of the tickets still listed on SH ONE DAY BEFORE THE ACTUAL EVENT.

Amazing- a Friday night potential winner takes all game and 11,000 tickets still for sale. The Yankees obviously need to take a serious look at their pricing structure as someone has gotten a little carried away at the perceived demand based on the current pricing setup.

The only way to explain it is they have gouged a high % of individuals (the STH's) and they don't want those individuals to find out that the team is unloading similar seats for well under what the STH's paid because there is nowhere near enough demand to sell those extra seats at the face value
    Keep in mind Friday is a "potential" game. If Baltimore wins tonight then those numbers will be very different even 30 minutes later

GG- in all my experience, I have never seen a "Game 7" (yes I know it's only a 5 game series) with that many seats out there, regardless of when the game is taking place. Especially for a team like the NYY.

I would say that part of the reason is that a much higher % of tickets sold in the NBA, NHL & NFL are season tickets, so a game 7 would naturally be part of the STH'S playoff package. These tickets would only end up on SH if the STH posted them there. (as compared to what is happening here with the team dumping them all on SH)

Still- it is staggering, to say the least. Just glancing at SH for future games, the only teams not flooding the market with ALCS tickets appear to be BAL and OAK. This would suggest their pricing on TM is at a reasonable level. I can't remember if the league sets playoff ticket prices or not, like some other sports.

yanks know exactly what they're doing
    all those seats on stubhub were gobbled up at the price the yankees wanted
    and when they sell on stubhub, the yankees get a piece of that action

are all their STH happy?
    of course not but they have an endless stream of suckers as long as they keep winning.

mantra:
    the only tough yankee ticket is a world series ticket
    everything else is a piece of cake

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post
    mantra:
    the only tough yankee ticket is a world series ticket
    everything else is a piece of cake
    And then what happens when people refuse to pay more than $100-$150 a ticket? Becuse we're not far from that now. When the WS loses it's platinum status, the whole thing really falls apart because then there's nothing left to keep season ticket holders committed

And then what happens when people refuse to pay more than $100-$150 a ticket? Becuse we're not far from that now. When the WS loses it's platinum status, the whole thing really falls apart because then there's nothing left to keep season ticket holders committed
    Now, now... There's always the Pinstripe Bowl

The only way the NYY management amends their current pricing model is when the masses bail out of the STH plan, and from the rumblings on this board, it sounds like that is indeed happening, to some degree.

What we don't know is how many corporate entities are still shelling out top $$$ for tickets with no threat at all of the team losing them.

Would the Yankees rather gouge 15,000 (I have no clue what the exact number is) STH's, sell anouther 15k or so seats through TM on a single game basis and then dump the remaining 20K or so seats on SH and at a last resort Groupon, with no fear of alienating those that paid STH and single game prices

OR

Would they rather lower their STH prices, offer something more of value than simply an opportunity to buy WS tickets every 3-4 years if all goes well, and have 25K or so STH's, sell 20K on TM and dump the remaining few?

One must assume that enough people are renewing their STH package, regardless of the other less costly options out there, for the Yankees to keep proceeding under the first scenario

there are a alot of tickets on ticketmaster for a possible game 5 tomorrow.
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D...&minorcatid=10
    the yankee game will start at 5pm tomorrow
    it might not sell out.
    (i'm talking about seats with a face price of no more than $150)

throw in the 12,000 tickets on stubhub (2600 of those are listed by brokers who have 10 or more seats together)
    and tomorrow at 2:55pm will be a very interesting watch to see how things playout for a deciding playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post
    there are a alot of tickets on ticketmaster for a possible game 5 tomorrow.
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D...&minorcatid=10
    the yankee game will start at 5pm tomorrow
    it might not sell out.
    (i'm talking about seats with a face price of no more than $150)

throw in the 12,000 tickets on stubhub (2600 of those are listed by brokers who have 10 or more seats together)
    and tomorrow at 2:55pm will be a very interesting watch to see how things playout for a deciding playoff game.
    there were some great deals at the deadline today too. jim beams right behind the plate for 35 bucks

NYYF Legend

So yesterday on a cold desolate afternoon the fans watched the Nationals get blown out 8-0. No buzz, season is basically dead. Today, they manage to keep it 1-1 in the bottom of the 9th. Tickets for game game tomorrow generally start at $60-$65 with 7500 tickets listed.

Then Jason Werth hits the walk off home run. Within 45 minutes, 2000 tickets get sold and the cheapest seat is $100. There's no way that happens to the Yankees for game 5 if the Orioles force it

someone just bought my single for game 5 in 431 for $35
    netted $30 on stubhub ... paid $46 on ticketmaster ... lost $16
    I wasnt going to sit there anyway, was planning to wear real comfortable shoes and find a good SRO spot behind the 100s
    it will be a bloodbath tomorrow at 258pm on stubhub
    hoping to upgrade to something upstairs behind homeplate for $25 total
    maybe something prime for $50 total
    or get in the door for $15
    also not sure i can get there before 545pm because of work

Thread Information