+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 136 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 85 135 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: The StubHub Thread

Thanks for the replies, that does help. Yes I was talking about the regionals, I referred to the tournament as "Final Four" but I meant March Madness (NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament)

abandon ship for tomorrow night jets game

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-jets...adium-4076012/

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post

Just a tune up for Sunday NIGHT, Dec 23rd vs San Diego. I predict $5 tickets.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Thanks for the replies, that does help. Yes I was talking about the regionals, I referred to the tournament as "Final Four" but I meant March Madness (NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament)
    You got tickets for the East Regionals at Verizon Center in D.C.? As long as Kentucky or UNC make it there you'll clean up.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    You got tickets for the East Regionals at Verizon Center in D.C.? As long as Kentucky or UNC make it there you'll clean up.
    Kirbi- at initial glance, yes, the East Regional in a smaller venue certainly looks the most promising of the 4. The Indiana/Lucas Oil combo would be huge but again, we are probably talking 40K tickets available. Generally, the domes configuration for the Regional has the court set up so one of the end zone is a sideline view and temporary seats are on the 50 yard line as the other sideline view, so its not the cavernous setup they use for the F4.

Once the seeding comes out, I will get Regional orders from buyers presuming their team will advance to the sweet 16 but until then, its pretty much a buy and hold strategy.

Staples would be decent but only if UCLA and possibly Arizona was involved

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post

How many of those seats will go empty tonight, see if the camera even pans the upper deck.
    former 10 yr plan holder, now on the Hub

Quote Originally Posted by waterdr View Post
    How many of those seats will go empty tonight, see if the camera even pans the upper deck.
    You can purchase 2 seats @$18 , and the cheapest parking pass is $ 42 ? Parking now costs more than 2 tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by waterdr View Post
    I wish they would be subject to blackout... but then the Jets would have to admit that they have overpriced their product...

Cheers!
    -Doug

If you guys had to guess, will the prices for Game 1 of the ALCS on Saturday (if they make it) go up or down from right now? Get in for the grandstand foul lines is about $90.

Quote Originally Posted by tiscipa165 View Post
    If you guys had to guess, will the prices for Game 1 of the ALCS on Saturday (if they make it) go up or down from right now? Get in for the grandstand foul lines is about $90.

You are actually better off buying now. The worst that can happen is you get your money back for an unplayed game.

If the Yankees happen to win this DS here, the market I feel is going to change going into Saturday night. That is why I bought Game 6 and 7 as a small investment and hoping for the best.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

Quote Originally Posted by knickfan23 View Post
    You are actually better off buying now. The worst that can happen is you get your money back for an unplayed game.

If the Yankees happen to win this DS here, the market I feel is going to change going into Saturday night. That is why I bought Game 6 and 7 as a small investment and hoping for the best.
    Wouldn't you want to actually go to the game, especially a game 7?

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    I've debated this. I'd be willing to part with them at the right price. I would be silly not to at least open myself up to doing that.

Now, to insure myself against that situation happening, when the tickets went on sale, I bought 2 pairs of seats for both Game 6 and Game 7. This way I can go and sell my others.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    Well if you have extras you'll be selling to fund the ones you use. In the World Series I'm pulling for a Nationals / Yankees, because I'll have about 26 tickets between the two, which leaves me plenty to use in NYC / DC and sell to cover the entire cost of tickets & hotel plus a few G's. The prices in Washington are REALLY strong. Get in the door numbers for the WS are about $475 right now (face $135), it's the same buzz and market as Philadelphia in 2008, plus it's an election year so people in Washington will be schmoozing / wining & dining and that lifts the whole market up.

That city is really corked for a championship run and I'm really surprised at that considering lukewarm attendance numbers in recent years. I think the people with the big bank accounts (of which there are many in DC / Marlyand/ Northern VA) are coming out of the woodwork. The biggest market would definitely be the Cubs if they ever got it together, and also the Mets would be off the charts just because both have a large affluent fan base and fans assume the next chance won't be for another decade so they will pay to be there (and both have only a 40K-ish stadium). If the Pirates ever made it to world series, I don't think people would be paying nearly as much even though they have a history similar to the Cubs.

Closing Bell. Stubhub. 2 for tonight. Game 2. Yanks vs Birds. Field Box 58 Row 1 Seats 14 & 15. $74.00 each....... I thought about it.........

Playoff tickets for game 3&4 are being dumped on goldstar.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by specialedd2213 View Post
    Playoff tickets for game 3&4 are being dumped on goldstar.
    what the

http://www.goldstar.com/events/bronx...ional-series-1

NYYF Legend

Well if you have extras you'll be selling to fund the ones you use. In the World Series I'm pulling for a Nationals / Yankees, because I'll have about 26 tickets between the two, which leaves me plenty to use in NYC / DC and sell to cover the entire cost of tickets & hotel plus a few G's. The prices in Washington are REALLY strong. Get in the door numbers for the WS are about $475 right now (face $135), it's the same buzz and market as Philadelphia in 2008, plus it's an election year so people in Washington will be schmoozing / wining & dining and that lifts the whole market up.

That city is really corked for a championship run and I'm really surprised at that considering lukewarm attendance numbers in recent years. I think the people with the big bank accounts (of which there are many in DC / Marlyand/ Northern VA) are coming out of the woodwork. The biggest market would definitely be the Cubs if they ever got it together, and also the Mets would be off the charts just because both have a large affluent fan base and fans assume the next chance won't be for another decade so they will pay to be there (and both have only a 40K-ish stadium). If the Pirates ever made it to world series, I don't think people would be paying nearly as much even though they have a history similar to the Cubs.
    Of course, if I had 26 tickets I would sell the others. The last WS game I saw in person, a guy named Mookie hit a ground ball .... and I am glad I did not sell that ticket no matter what.

I meant if it was a choice of going to see a game 7 OR selling the ticket...not going and selling extras.

As for DC, the city keeps talking about not winning a pennant since they lost to the NY Giants in 1933....or winning a WS since they beat the NY Giants in 1924. A NY Yankee-DC series would be $$$$$$ .

Gordon- you got it 1/2 right, the greatest "potential" WS ever would have been Cubs/BoSox 2003 the year of Bartmann and Aaron "Effing" Boone. Remember- the Sox had not been to a WS since 1975, the Cubs- since Jesus was born. Both small stadiums, I believe get ins, when it appeared this matchup actually might happen were at around $3k minimum, did not matter which city/stadium. We will never see anything like that again in our lifetime.

I remember what a total letdown it was to be playing the FL Marlins and it certainly showed on the field

it's interesting to see that the ALDS prices are pretty much holding steady. nobody is really jumping ship like i remembered for the past two years with prices falling below face.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    it's interesting to see that the ALDS prices are pretty much holding steady. nobody is really jumping ship like i remembered for the past two years with prices falling below face.
    If I remember correctly that particular game had lots of rain in the forecast, whereas tonight should be clear. Just over 3000 tickets still listed and that should go under 1000 sometime in the 4 o'clock hour. I don't see any crazy spikes happening but I don't see prices going much under $50 either. Market is pretty stable, not much meat on the bone for sellers and no deep bargains for buyers

Just over 3000 tickets still listed and that should go under 1000 sometime in the 4 o'clock hour. I don't see any crazy spikes happening but I don't see prices going much under $50 either. Market is pretty stable, not much meat on the bone for sellers and no deep bargains for buyers
    About 2,500 tickets remaining. Get in the door price is now $39. There's also a pair in 420C Row 10 for $40. Makes me wish I could make it.

It's refreshing to see prices not bottoming out for a playoff game.
    Money doesn't change you, it reveals who you are when you no longer have to be nice.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberPride View Post
    About 2,500 tickets remaining. Get in the door price is now $39. There's also a pair in 420C Row 10 for $40. Makes me wish I could make it.

It's refreshing to see prices not bottoming out for a playoff game.
    Yeah I saw that 420C pair, and there was a pair for $35. Right now inventory is below 2000 and the get in the door price is $42.50 +fees (about the same it's been for the past 2 weeks)

Also to note, listing expiration time today is 5:36 pm because of the later start time (7:36)

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by knickfan23 View Post
    I've debated this. I'd be willing to part with them at the right price. I would be silly not to at least open myself up to doing that.

Now, to insure myself against that situation happening, when the tickets went on sale, I bought 2 pairs of seats for both Game 6 and Game 7. This way I can go and sell my others.
    Back in 2003 I bought 2 tickets for ALCS Home Game #4 in the right field bleachers during the public presale, which ended up being the Aaron Boone game. I was living in Boston at the time. I could have gotten $500 for that pair of tickets. I was tempted but I had to go. If I sold them that would have robbed me of my greatest live sports experience.

Devoted Member

Weather is a big factor in post season sales, so it looks good if you're a seller from now through ALCS Game 2.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USNY0172:1

Thread Information