+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 126 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 83 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 3140
  1. #801
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    no they dont.. i work for one, got rid of ours in 2010. hardly any brokers hold any inventory for the yankees anymore, unless they are selling on consignment.
    I was talking about the capacity of brokers, the OP was saying there's no way brokers would hold over a million bucks of inventory. That's what I was disputing, not that they dumped their Yankees tickets

  2. #802

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    no they dont.. i work for one, got rid of ours in 2010. hardly any brokers hold any inventory for the yankees anymore, unless they are selling on consignment.
    I would agree 100% with this. Its been pretty common knowledge in the broker industry that the only way to make $$$ on Yankees seasons is with the cheap bleacher tickets, and that is presuming the Yankees go to the WS and you get 3-4 games to sell out in the $400-$500 range. Its not a winning proposition most of the time, it just isn't. That was the point of my earlier post that the Yankees are clearly handing out tickets to brokers to sell for much cheaper than face so they don't alienate the STH's who are paying the ridiculous prices charged for season tickets. It doesn't go over well when a guy shelling out $150 per ticket sees the team selling the seat 1 row in front of him for $65. (or less). There is no way any broker would stock several hundred season tickets at inflated prices when they can buy them on SH for much cheaper if a regular client needs seats for any game.

  3. #803

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    I would agree 100% with this. Its been pretty common knowledge in the broker industry that the only way to make $$$ on Yankees seasons is with the cheap bleacher tickets, and that is presuming the Yankees go to the WS and you get 3-4 games to sell out in the $400-$500 range. Its not a winning proposition most of the time, it just isn't. That was the point of my earlier post that the Yankees are clearly handing out tickets to brokers to sell for much cheaper than face so they don't alienate the STH's who are paying the ridiculous prices charged for season tickets. It doesn't go over well when a guy shelling out $150 per ticket sees the team selling the seat 1 row in front of him for $65. (or less). There is no way any broker would stock several hundred season tickets at inflated prices when they can buy them on SH for much cheaper if a regular client needs seats for any game.
    A few years ago, I took my son to bat day. (2010)We sat in 'cafe seats' near 121 B. Those had just been put in , probably to stop standees from lining up right behind the DAP seats. For Bat day (premium) the price was $75 at the time, but most days the seats were $50 with the various discounts i.e Yankees Universe. A FST across the aisle walked over and asked questions about the prices and said that he actually preferred the cafe seat chair due to its height and sightlines. But he could not get over the price difference...his day of game price was either $300 or higher, with a lower FST price of course, but he could never compete with the cafe seats. I guess they raised the prices on cafe seats the next season .

  4. #804

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Lots of juicy info here.....

    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...Dp6NdeteZwBr4I

    Ticketmaster makes a run for MLB business
    Last Updated: 12:43 AM, September 18, 2012

    The Yankees have been pressuring StubHub to place a minimum price at which people can resell the tickets, but that request is being denied. Even if the Yankees got what they wanted, there is still no way of preventing ticket holders from going onto StubHub on their own — or another site like Craigslist — and dumping their ducats at rock-bottom prices.

    The Yankees have threatened to start their own official resale site, but sources say they couldn’t go it alone. And MLB probably doesn’t have enough time to develop a private site for all the teams.

    So it’s likely going to be Ticketmaster or StubHub again, with teams being given some flexibility.

    What will likely happen is this: MLB will sign with either StubHub or Ticketmaster and then let teams opt out. If StubHub wins a contract renewal, for instance, the Yankees could still decide to make Ticketmaster their official re-seller.

    Ticketmaster, which already has deals with the NFL and the NBA, doesn’t like price floors either, so that might irk the Bombers.

  5. #805

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Sounds like the Yankees are effed on starting their own resale site. Probably smart to let the big boys like SH do what they do best and for the Yanks to maybe start pricing their tickets a little more atoned to what the market will bear instead of continuing to gouge everyone. It should not cost $500 to take a family of 4 to a Yankees game. At some point in time, especially when the on field product is not as competitive, this jacked up pricing startegy can backfire.

  6. #806
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Sounds like the Yankees are effed on starting their own resale site. Probably smart to let the big boys like SH do what they do best and for the Yanks to maybe start pricing their tickets a little more atoned to what the market will bear instead of continuing to gouge everyone. It should not cost $500 to take a family of 4 to a Yankees game. At some point in time, especially when the on field product is not as competitive, this jacked up pricing startegy can backfire.
    As well as stop dumping mass amounts of unsold tickets on the secondary market at bargin prices.

  7. #807
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    So did people who bought yesterday and flipped them if they couldn't go today end up making a profit?

  8. #808
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    So did people who bought yesterday and flipped them if they couldn't go today end up making a profit?
    Bought 2 Deltas for $50 and sold for $69. After fees made a couple of bucks.

  9. #809
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    how times have changed, the Red Sox games next week can all be had for $12 or less. And there's up to 9,500 tickets left per game which means a huge glut that will put more downward pressure as the games approach. We could have $5 yankees/red sox tickets for the first time in decades

    https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...-2012-2009303/
    https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...-2012-2009304/
    https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...-2012-2014198/

  10. #810

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    how times have changed, the Red Sox games next week can all be had for $12 or less. And there's up to 9,500 tickets left per game which means a huge glut that will put more downward pressure as the games approach. We could have $5 yankees/red sox tickets for the first time in decades

    https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...-2012-2009303/
    https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...-2012-2009304/
    https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...-2012-2014198/
    And while the Red Sox are bad, the games could be very important in the wild card and/or division race.

  11. #811
    Devoted Member
    JimmyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    how times have changed, the Red Sox games next week can all be had for $12 or less. And there's up to 9,500 tickets left per game which means a huge glut that will put more downward pressure as the games approach. We could have $5 yankees/red sox tickets for the first time in decades
    Yes indeed. Here's a copy of my post from the ticket sales thread:

    Boston games have become a very tough sell. I had two Boston games in my 20-game plan this year and neither of them sold, either on StubHub or to people at work. I was able to sell a weeknight game against the White Sox and an April game against the Twins for slightly above face value, but nobody wanted Boston games in mid-summer at any price.

    P.S. Even the so-called Red Sox "fans" around where I live have abandoned them this year.

  12. #812

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Yes indeed. Here's a copy of my post from the ticket sales thread:

    Boston games have become a very tough sell. I had two Boston games in my 20-game plan this year and neither of them sold, either on StubHub or to people at work. I was able to sell a weeknight game against the White Sox and an April game against the Twins for slightly above face value, but nobody wanted Boston games in mid-summer at any price.

    P.S. Even the so-called Red Sox "fans" around where I live have abandoned them this year.
    OK, finally got my ALDS tickets after an email to customer service.

    With regards to my plan, I have the cheapest plan, the 9 game. and only kept it this year because the games were 40% off. However, almost half the games were weekday afternoons, and when exchanging them, even if for a $5 date, I had to pay the difference to full price. Plus, due to family and/or weather issues I was only able to attend 4 games even after the exchanges. Took losses on the other 5 games. Given that even at this moment I can buy tickets to every single potential home game thru the ALCS, I see absolutely no reason to keep any plan for next year. I'll just wait until the day of game and if the weather is nice and family is under control, will buy tix at last minute when I truly want to go.
    Since the new stadium opened they have gone from being extra flexible for plan holders to rather inflexible, and offer plan holder benefits to YU members. After 9 years of having a plan, it no longer makes any sense to me.

  13. #813

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Any thoughts on how the postseason tickets will do on SH? I'm assuming ALDS will go for under face, especially since I got in super cheap last year in the terrace for a decisive Game 5

  14. #814
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
    Any thoughts on how the postseason tickets will do on SH? I'm assuming ALDS will go for under face, especially since I got in super cheap last year in the terrace for a decisive Game 5
    Unless the Orioles overtake the Yankees, New York is set to be the higher seed in the DS which means they start on the road this year. That puts home games 1 and 2 on Monday and Tuesday against either the Tigers or O's/A's which will probably be duds for scheduling. So as of today I definitely see the ALDS going under face.

    If the Orioles catch up though, and if the Yankees beat the A's in a wildcard game (next Friday), then games 1 & 2 would be on Saturday and Sunday which will be a strong market for resales

  15. #815
    Moderator Stick Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Unless the Orioles overtake the Yankees, New York is set to be the higher seed in the DS which means they start on the road this year. That puts home games 1 and 2 on Monday and Tuesday against either the Tigers or O's/A's which will probably be duds for scheduling. So as of today I definitely see the ALDS going under face.

    If the Orioles catch up though, and if the Yankees beat the A's in a wildcard game (next Friday), then games 1 & 2 would be on Saturday and Sunday which will be a strong market for resales
    The Wild Card game coupled with the lesser record team getting to play the first two of a best-of-five at home really screws the AL and NL team with the best record, particularly if the team who hosts the wild card play-in wins.

  16. #816

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Unless the Orioles overtake the Yankees, New York is set to be the higher seed in the DS which means they start on the road this year. That puts home games 1 and 2 on Monday and Tuesday against either the Tigers or O's/A's which will probably be duds for scheduling. So as of today I definitely see the ALDS going under face.

    If the Orioles catch up though, and if the Yankees beat the A's in a wildcard game (next Friday), then games 1 & 2 would be on Saturday and Sunday which will be a strong market for resales
    Looking at the AL, it is possible (maybe not likely) that the Yankees and Baltimore tie at the end of the regular season; the Angels and A's tie; the Tigers and the collapsing White Sox tie; it's also possible that the Yankees, O's ,A's and Angels could all have the same record. Does MLB then have to have some tie breaker games just to get ti the WC game? This would screw up the TV schedule. (Tampa also has the same record as the Angels). There are 8 teams and 5 spots...I guess Texas could get swept and screw things up even more.http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/ind..._mlb_standings

  17. #817
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    The Wild Card game coupled with the lesser record team getting to play the first two of a best-of-five at home really screws the AL and NL team with the best record, particularly if the team who hosts the wild card play-in wins.
    As was mentioned on the TV broadcast last night, the #1 seed really gets screwed this year as not only do they open on the road, they don't know until the last mintute who they are playing and where they are going, as they have to see who wins the WC game.

    The #2 seed plays #3 and therefore, #2 could know who #3 is well in advance. Plus, if the Yankees are #1 and the A's win the WC, that would mean a cross-country trip to boot.

  18. #818
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    ALDS tickets have now gone under face (after fees). Not looking so good for resales this year, regular or postseason. Ironically, I think prices will spike if the Yankees don't win the division. People will definitely pay to see the 1 game wildcard elimination (even if prices don't show that yet), and they will want to go to games 1 & 2 on Saturday and Sunday. But as it stands now, games 1 & 2 will be Monday and Tuesday. People are just going to watch on TV

  19. #819

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    ALDS tickets have now gone under face (after fees). Not looking so good for resales this year, regular or postseason. Ironically, I think prices will spike if the Yankees don't win the division. People will definitely pay to see the 1 game wildcard elimination (even if prices don't show that yet), and they will want to go to games 1 & 2 on Saturday and Sunday. But as it stands now, games 1 & 2 will be Monday and Tuesday. People are just going to watch on TV

    And you know that TV is going to want the Yankees in prime-time, so that means a post 8pm ET start... Also not good for attending, let alone resales...

    Cheers!
    -Doug

  20. #820

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    On my last few sales, stubhub has defaulted to paying my yankees account. I prefer paypal, and had to manually go back in and make the changes after the listing was almost completed. Anyone else seeing this?

  21. #821

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    On my last few sales, stubhub has defaulted to paying my yankees account. I prefer paypal, and had to manually go back in and make the changes after the listing was almost completed. Anyone else seeing this?
    Unless I'm misremembering, whenever directly listing from my team account into SH, the default payment method is checked to be a credit (or whatever similar) back to the team account. Always have had to manually tick the paypal box/circle to change that.

    If I enter the barcodes manually, then think it defaults to paypal. Haven't noticed anything different in the process recently.

  22. #822
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

  23. #823
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    so what's the prediction for tomorrow's game on SH? Rain in the forecast, but a possibility of clinching the east... do ticket prices really drop tomorrow?

  24. #824

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    On my last few sales, stubhub has defaulted to paying my yankees account. I prefer paypal, and had to manually go back in and make the changes after the listing was almost completed. Anyone else seeing this?

    This is what happened when you directly sell from your yankees account.

    Go and sell from SH directly - save the hassle and headache.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  25. #825
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: The StubHub Thread

    Red Sox tickets now available for a buck.99:

    https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...-2012-2009304/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts