+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 133 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    I don't have to imagine very hard. That was me last year and it would've been me again if I didn't drop my plan this winter.

I just looked up my old section 229 and vivid has a pair in row 1 going for $86. Mine were in row 16 of that section and they wanted $80 for them to renew this season. The same section on stubhub starts at $100.

I never used vivid before. The tickets there look like they go for less on average than SH. Have you used them prior to this last purchase? What section are your seats in for Sunday night?
    I never used them before but my seats are section 432a row 9. Not the best seats but they were $20 with fees $27 I could live with that. Prices have gone down even more but this makes me feel even better about dropping my 20 game plan and Sunday plan. Kept a 9 game plan I sold to friends and I'll sitll have a post season code.

I'm trying to sell 6 tickets for tonights' game (at a price less than face of course!) vs the Orioles (Sec 411 Row 11) Message me if interested........ When I try to post directly on StubHub or thru Yankee site, I get the following message. I called StubHub and they are looking into it.

We are unable to list your tickets to this event for one of the following reasons.
    1. It may be too late to list these tickets. For most events, sellers cannot list past a certain point to allow time for delivery.
    2. Some events may be restricted.
    Please contact StubHub Customer Service if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    I'm trying to sell 6 tickets for tonights' game (at a price less than face of course!) vs the Orioles (Sec 411 Row 11) Message me if interested........ When I try to post directly on StubHub or thru Yankee site, I get the following message. I called StubHub and they are looking into it.

We are unable to list your tickets to this event for one of the following reasons.
    1. It may be too late to list these tickets. For most events, sellers cannot list past a certain point to allow time for delivery.
    2. Some events may be restricted.
    Please contact StubHub Customer Service if you have any questions.
    Are you listing them through your Yankees ticket account manager?

Are you listing tickets for which instant delivery is not an option? (Meaning that your existing tickets will be cancelled and re-issued once they are purchased?)

I usually see this when trying to list tickets that I have in hand but am not the account-holder.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Are you listing them through your Yankees ticket account manager?

Are you listing tickets for which instant delivery is not an option? (Meaning that your existing tickets will be cancelled and re-issued once they are purchased?)

I usually see this when trying to list tickets that I have in hand but am not the account-holder.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Yes, I tried through Yankee account manager. Same result. StubHub does not have today or tomorrow's Yankee games listed as sellable events when you go through their menu to sell Yankee tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Yes, I tried through Yankee account manager. Same result. StubHub does not have today or tomorrow's Yankee games listed as sellable events when you go through their menu to sell Yankee tickets.

I had the same problem this morning... it was resolved within 10 minutes

I was trying to list a Ranger game in August

I didnt do it through my yankee account..

NYYF Legend

when they mess with the supply, prices go up:
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2012-2009274/

Lowest tickets are $15, which would normally be around 5 bucks if not for the listing problems

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    when they mess with the supply, prices go up:
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2012-2009274/

Lowest tickets are $15, which would normally be around 5 bucks if not for the listing problems
    Today was a time warp day........... Tickets going, going and all but gone............

NYYF Legend

Check out this feature the Nationals offer:

"Split Season Tickets"
    http://nationals.splitseasontickets....MapSearch=true
    http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/...sontickets.jsp

This is really well made, season ticket holders can sell off any portion of their season tickets to anyone who browses that website, and they can offer any perks they want like postseason rights. This is an awesome concept, I wish the Yankees would do something like it.

I doubt they would because they want people eating as many tickets as possible so they can sell as many seats as possible even if many never get used. And they wonder why stubhub prices are so low?

Check out this feature the Nationals offer:

"Split Season Tickets"

This is really well made, season ticket holders can sell off any portion of their season tickets to anyone who browses that website, and they can offer any perks they want like postseason rights. This is an awesome concept, I wish the Yankees would do something like it.

I doubt they would because they want people eating as many tickets as possible so they can sell as many seats as possible even if many never get used. And they wonder why stubhub prices are so low?
    I just googled that company. Seems they are like stub-hub, a Software-as-a-Service (SAAS) solution. Their business model is to provide services to a team and integrate their services into the team's website. They have a couple of teams involved in three of the 4 major sports (no NFL teams).

Their site reads they can be up and running within two weeks of contract signing, which itself is impressive.

It would be good to see how FST holders of these clubs prefer splitting over buying partials direct from the team.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Devoted Member

About 90 minutes until the closing bell. 1630 available and $12 gets you in the door. Jim Beam 320C with club access at $59.99.

https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...-2012-2009277/
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Been a while since I've been on the site. I didn't have any Yankees this year, but kept my Phillies and BOY AM I HURTING. I lost a ton in the last couple months and it keeps getting worse and worse. Ate a pair yesterday that were $48 each face and I had them down to $9 each on StubHub and they didn't sell. Most sunday games going for $2 and up. It looks like the Phillies are now Yankee Stadium south as far as ticket resale. Makes my decision easy next year, not renewing a one. Curious if any of you out there are getting killed as well? I know Gecko had some Phillies.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by chuey1997 View Post
    Been a while since I've been on the site. I didn't have any Yankees this year, but kept my Phillies and BOY AM I HURTING. I lost a ton in the last couple months and it keeps getting worse and worse. Ate a pair yesterday that were $48 each face and I had them down to $9 each on StubHub and they didn't sell. Most sunday games going for $2 and up. It looks like the Phillies are now Yankee Stadium south as far as ticket resale. Makes my decision easy next year, not renewing a one. Curious if any of you out there are getting killed as well? I know Gecko had some Phillies.
    Phillies tickets aren't selling now because they suck, not because they're overpriced like the Yankees. When they were good you couldn't get a ticket on StubHub for under face unless you got lucky. I suspect their resale will go back up beginning of next year and either stay or go back down depending on how they play. Yankees tickets will be in the same until they lower prices.

NYYF Legend

Yeah it's pretty bad, fortunately I moved 2 out of 3 tickets before the season started, and then nothing sold for several weeks and I saw the writing on the wall and offered my $25 tickets for $11, then $9, then $8 and $7 and they sold before they showed up for 2 bucks the day of the game. My profit margin took a beating but I'll still clear about 700 bucks on the year.

I'm dumping 4 behind the plate in row 3, and keeping 2 front row behind the plate (those will always sell), and I think I'll take a chance on keeping my 4 in the $16 price range because they are the cheapest in the park and right at the price break. I figure I can break even on them if I sell early and keep my playoff rights. But I gotta tell you, I don't see the Phillies getting better any time soon. I think you're looking at a decade of basement dwelling, but I'll give it another year to see

Yeah it's pretty bad, fortunately I moved 2 out of 3 tickets before the season started, and then nothing sold for several weeks and I saw the writing on the wall and offered my $25 tickets for $11, then $9, then $8 and $7 and they sold before they showed up for 2 bucks the day of the game. My profit margin took a beating but I'll still clear about 700 bucks on the year.

I'm dumping 4 behind the plate in row 3, and keeping 2 front row behind the plate (those will always sell), and I think I'll take a chance on keeping my 4 in the $16 price range because they are the cheapest in the park and right at the price break. I figure I can break even on them if I sell early and keep my playoff rights. But I gotta tell you, I don't see the Phillies getting better any time soon. I think you're looking at a decade of basement dwelling, but I'll give it another year to see
    Things can turn on a dime, and I think we have seen the Phillies wave crest. If you are speculating on Phillies tickets, get out now. This may be the bubble bursting like the Yankees did in 2010.

Even if this is a one year blip, it may cause the season base to drop. Philly is not a historically good baseball attendance town.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    Things can turn on a dime, and I think we have seen the Phillies wave crest. If you are speculating on Phillies tickets, get out now. This may be the bubble bursting like the Yankees did in 2010.

Even if this is a one year blip, it may cause the season base to drop. Philly is not a historically good baseball attendance town.
    The Phillies from 2008 - 2011 was a perfect storm of a new ballpark and a historically bad team having it's most prolonged run of success in it's history. After they bottom out those fans will go back to only caring about the Eagles and Flyers.

I have 4 Phillies Sunday tickets in the $16 seats. I'll go to a few games a year and sell the rest on Stubhub. Its been brutal this year. Could barely sell the Red Sox Sunday game in May. For all 3 Sunday games in August I got $10 total for each game for 4 tickets after fees. yes, $2.50 a ticket after fees. Even though they're just $16 tickets (cheapest in the place), I'm done after this year. It will only get worse and when I want to go to a game I'll just hit up Stubhub or Scorebig for a great deal. Phillies are an old team and its over for them

Quote Originally Posted by balraven View Post
    I have 4 Phillies Sunday tickets in the $16 seats. I'll go to a few games a year and sell the rest on Stubhub. Its been brutal this year. Could barely sell the Red Sox Sunday game in May. For all 3 Sunday games in August I got $10 total for each game for 4 tickets after fees. yes, $2.50 a ticket after fees. Even though they're just $16 tickets (cheapest in the place), I'm done after this year. It will only get worse and when I want to go to a game I'll just hit up Stubhub or Scorebig for a great deal. Phillies are an old team and its over for them
    You were lucky to get $10 a seat. Stubhub pricing is now $3-$4 to start for most games including weekends the rest of the year. Which looked like a sure nice profit early in season when I had sold 50% of my goals, i'm looking at a loss for the Phillies. Its surreal. My reductions in price werent keeping up with the declining market and its continuing to get worse. for example i just sold a pair $34 each lowers for $15 minus fees on stubhub.

NYYF Legend

You were lucky to get $10 a seat. Stubhub pricing is now $3-$4 to start for most games including weekends the rest of the year. Which looked like a sure nice profit early in season when I had sold 50% of my goals, i'm looking at a loss for the Phillies. Its surreal. My reductions in price werent keeping up with the declining market and its continuing to get worse. for example i just sold a pair $34 each lowers for $15 minus fees on stubhub.
    While I was listing my final 2 pairs for $2 a ticket, I took a look at the other seating categories. You can get diamond club seats for $75 on weekends! I may just drive down just for those and take in a game. All you can eat, right?

While I was listing my final 2 pairs for $2 a ticket, I took a look at the other seating categories. You can get diamond club seats for $75 on weekends! I may just drive down just for those and take in a game. All you can eat, right?
    Rows 1-3 are all you can eat rows 4-10 are a $30 credit, 11 and over its just the ticket. It's a great spot to see a game though. I've sat there a few times.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I sat in the Jim Beam section Saturday. If not for the fact it was in the 90's and humid, it would have been a waste of money. I bought the ticket from the Yankees before knowing how cheap Stubhub usually is. Only thing that made me not upset about the money spent was being able to take a break from the heat in the AC. The free refills on soda was nice.
    Life is good!

Devoted Member

with the Red Sox crapping the bed next weekend's series looks brutal for sellers. Friday 9900 left cheapest at 23.99, Saturday 8300/$29 and Sunday 11,000/$15. I expect these to drop even more as sellers realize the Massholes and local pink hatters aren't going to these games.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    with the Red Sox crapping the bed next weekend's series looks brutal for sellers. Friday 9900 left cheapest at 23.99, Saturday 8300/$29 and Sunday 11,000/$15. I expect these to drop even more as sellers realize the Massholes and local pink hatters aren't going to these games.
    Funny how things work because before the season started that weekend's series (Saturday especially) was second in prices only to the home opener

Beside the Phillies tanking, another contributing factor for the low stubhub prices may be due to the Phillies dumping large blocks of upper deck seats AND standing room only tickets (yes, can you believe they are still being offered) for super low prices because not as many fans are buying at the walk up or on online as did at the beginning of this year. They rather have some new money coming in at a loss rather than it going to the plan holders who are already taking their own loss by also trying to sell low on stubhub. They need to and are, under cutting their own plan holders to get some "new" money into their coffers. The plan holder with $16 seats has to drop their stubhub price to $3 - $4 to match the dumping price that the Phillies (or their 3rd party agent) are putting on stubhub. Phillies, (or any other team for that matter) please say it isn't so. I think this will contribute to many plan holders droping plans next year. Will the Phillies have a plan holder waiting list like the previous two years? (What is the expression "They are being a penny wise but a pound foolish"?) It would be so nice if the teams would offer the plan holders a price guarantee that will credit the holder with the difference in price if the same seat section was offered at a lower price during the 6 months much like big retail stores or even travel sites do. This should include $5 nights or any other dynamic pricing or price promotions that occur during the year. No refunds involved, rather it could be a form of credit that would be applied when renewing for the next year. I think in the long run they will sell more plans that way. It's just a trust thing between plan holder and the team. I know that we are talking about Phillie tickets on a Yankee site but this can address our Yankee ticket complaints too. Just a thought. Any ticket agents out there listening?

Chuey,
    You misread my post. I got $10 TOTAL after fees for 4 tickets. Not $10 per ticket. $2.50 per ticket

Quote Originally Posted by balraven View Post
    Chuey,
    You misread my post. I got $10 TOTAL after fees for 4 tickets. Not $10 per ticket. $2.50 per ticket
    Ha sorry about that. Well thats a more realistic #. Friday nights game was down to .70 cents.

Thread Information