+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 136 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 77 127 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    What do the crowds look like at YS these days? I mean people actually sitting in their seats, watching the game. I haven't made it out to a game yet this year.
    Depends on the game. Last couple games I was at, crowds were pretty good, but in May, crowds were really, really light.

summer crowds are always strong...

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    summer crowds are always strong...
    prices holding real steady for tonight

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    first game back from a long break or road trip, always strong demand

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    first game back from a long break or road trip, always strong demand
    It does not hurt that this could be a post season preview !

It was far from the start the Angels expected after bringing in Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson during the offseason. A 6-14 start -- the worst in team history -- left them looking for answers.

And then phenom Mike Trout joined the Halos on April 28, helping lead the team to a 42-24 record, the best record in baseball since that date.

The Angels will come out of the All-Star break looking to play like the team that dominated after that date and not like the team that opened up the season in a funk.

They will be tested early, opening the second half on the road against the New York Yankees, who have the second-best record in the same span.

"We're moving forward and doing so many things on the field that gives us a lot of confidence," manager Mike Scioscia said. "I don't look at it as looking at the standings or looking where we could be, we're playing good baseball right now, and if we continue to show up and play the way we are, we're very confident in the fact that we'll reach our goals."
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/mlb/g..._home&c_id=nyy

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    with 35 minutes until the closing bell only 175 tickets available with the cheapest at $40.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    with 35 minutes until the closing bell only 175 tickets available with the cheapest at $40.
    At 5:00 -2 Deltas at $140!!!

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...t_id=462990435

Devoted Member

90 minutes until the closing bell...2100 available with cheapest at $5.

https://www.stubhub.com/yankees-vs-a...-2012-2009268/

Pretty sad for a Sunday game vs. a good team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbNidYYGjic
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

if you check today's game for 10 or more seats,
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2012-2009268/
    those are all tickets being dumped by the Yankees

you cant buy grandstands or bleachers on ticketmaster

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    90 minutes until the closing bell...2100 available with cheapest at $5.

https://www.stubhub.com/yankees-vs-a...-2012-2009268/

Pretty sad for a Sunday game vs. a good team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbNidYYGjic
    A hot stickey Sunday afternoon...

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    A hot stickey Sunday afternoon...
    Exactly!!

This is one of the games I would've had in my Sunday Plan where because of the crappy weather I would've been trying to actively get rid of, both on the secondary market and with friends/family, and had zero success. Days like today where I was watching the game with all the creature comforts of my climate controlled living room, kitchen, and bathroom just make me more and more glad I dropped my plan this past off-season. I know some martyr/fans that think the more you suffer through days like today the better fan it makes you will look down at me for that but sorry my days of paying through the nose just to not completely eat unwanted game tickets and roast in a pool of my own sweat for several hours are long gone. When the weather breaks, I'll consider getting down there for a game.

Not surprised in the least if it was a big Stub-dump game. I would've been right there in the scrum desperately trying to dump mine too if I still had them this season. It's such a liberating feeling not be saddled with that anymore.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post
    if you check today's game for 10 or more seats,
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2012-2009268/
    those are all tickets being dumped by the Yankees

you cant buy grandstands or bleachers on ticketmaster
    What proof is there to this claim?
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    What proof is there to this claim?
    People assume it's the Yankees because they can't fathom how anyone would have whole rows to resell besides the team itself. But brokers, and even individuals, have always had huge blocks of seats. That being said, this isn't 2003, and the majority of large inventory holders have dropped their commitment.

The guys that are left either have a sweetheart deal with the team, or are used to dump tickets for the Yankees. Brokers call up the Yankees, Knicks, Rangers, etc.. all the time offering to take chunks of inventory off their hands if they can get a volume discount. This year with the New York Rangers brokers bought up all the new West Balcony seats for resale.

So yeah, like you I don't believe the Yankees directly sell on stubhub. But I do believe they sell to brokers at a big discount knowing full well that they'll end up on stubhub or scorebig.

Forum Regular

People assume it's the Yankees because they can't fathom how anyone would have whole rows to resell besides the team itself. But brokers, and even individuals, have always had huge blocks of seats. That being said, this isn't 2003, and the majority of large inventory holders have dropped their commitment.

The guys that are left either have a sweetheart deal with the team, or are used to dump tickets for the Yankees. Brokers call up the Yankees, Knicks, Rangers, etc.. all the time offering to take chunks of inventory off their hands if they can get a volume discount. This year with the New York Rangers brokers bought up all the new West Balcony seats for resale.

So yeah, like you I don't believe the Yankees directly sell on stubhub. But I do believe they sell to brokers at a big discount knowing full well that they'll end up on stubhub or scorebig.
    Same approach - any proof the Yankees sell directly on Scorebig?
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

There isn't any hard proof that the Yankees' ticket office or any reps sell directly on StubHub or elsewhere. But there are a lot of really odd listings that don't really have any other explanation, especially when you compare them to other games.

Last year when the STH list was leaked, I noticed seats around me that were always occupied by StubHubbers, weren't on the list. As well as multiple FS plans owned by ticket reps. Again, neither case is evidence, but sure is fishy.

I think someone on these boards said they ordered Mets tickets on StubHub and later learned that the order was fulfilled by the Mets. So it's not impossible.

NYYF Cy Young

Do you think they use the "group" discount or some other, unpublished discount?

And why in all of the air time/press that ticket prices issue has received hasn't this part of the process been highlighted? It's a major part of the problem as it keeps the secondary market supply high even if the season ticket holder base shrinks (meaning we will never get a good balance at supply/demand at "reasonable" prices).

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    There isn't any hard proof that the Yankees' ticket office or any reps sell directly on StubHub or elsewhere. But there are a lot of really odd listings that don't really have any other explanation, especially when you compare them to other games.

Last year when the STH list was leaked, I noticed seats around me that were always occupied by StubHubbers, weren't on the list. As well as multiple FS plans owned by ticket reps. Again, neither case is evidence, but sure is fishy.

I think someone on these boards said they ordered Mets tickets on StubHub and later learned that the order was fulfilled by the Mets. So it's not impossible.
    I do know the Mets were doing this last year. They dumped entire rows in the Caesar's level for $10...24 seats in a row, row after row. A friend of mine paid $75 a pop for FST's and he was pissed.

In 2009, I purchased 2 tickets to the Bridge Terrace seats at Citi to take my daughter to build a bear nite. Normally the seats were $54 and you had to purchase an additional $25 food voucher ! And the seats were only for groups. I purchased a pair on stub hub for $27 each. Strange.

When I went to the game, everyone else in the section was from some Hunting and Fishing Club, so I asked some of the guys if they sold a few extras that they did not need on stubhub. They said no, they did not buy a few of the seats in the section, only what they needed. When I looked at my paper tickets that I printed off, I saw an account number on the ticket....it was the same number given to me when I purchased some tickets from the Mets directly. Hmmm, wasn't that a coincidence !

I don't think the Yankees are directly dumping on Stub Hub, but I do wonder about some relationship they have with scorebig.....absolutely no fees attached? Someone isn't buying and selling tickets without some sort of fees, I am sure of that !

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Do you think they use the "group" discount or some other, unpublished discount?

And why in all of the air time/press that ticket prices issue has received hasn't this part of the process been highlighted? It's a major part of the problem as it keeps the secondary market supply high even if the season ticket holder base shrinks (meaning we will never get a good balance at supply/demand at "reasonable" prices).

Yes, there are group/unpublished discount codes. These only apply to "people, company, brokers, tour groups" when they purchase large block of tickets - 100 to 1000 per game.

To the Yankees - these are QUICKIE & GUARANTEE money.

To the buyer(s) - a decent discount for the group which can turn into profit - FREE MONEY. And when they chose to sell them at "cost" - It might seem as loss on stubhub and other sites, but in reality it is NOT a loss.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

This is not stubhub, but the Yankees Mastercard Monday has Jim Beam tickets for $80. The advance price is usually $130, and day of game is $140. (that's a lot of $$$ to sit in the glorified upper deck)....here's the info

MASTERCARD MONDAY
    SAVE $45 ON JIM BEAM SUITE SEATS

Hurry, because this deal ends at 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, July 17.

Learn more about the Jim Beam Suite

Offer Code*: MC716

*Patron w/ Disability: Your Wheelchair as Actual Seat, use offer code: WMC716
    *Patron w/ Disability: Transfer From Your Wheelchair to Aisle Seat, use offer code: TMC716

Or, print this page and bring it to the Yankee Stadium Ticket Office for the same great savings.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    This is not stubhub, but the Yankees Mastercard Monday has Jim Beam tickets for $80. The advance price is usually $130, and day of game is $140. (that's a lot of $$$ to sit in the glorified upper deck)....here's the info
    Well, on stubhub Jim Bean seats (wheelchair is even cheaper) are available starting at $50/ticket:
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2012-2009269/

With fees, such a pair would average $57.73 all-in. It's still morning, tickets will get even cheaper as game time approaches. Good of the Yankees to be so generous in offering the same tickets for $80 + fees

Well, on stubhub Jim Bean seats (wheelchair is even cheaper) are available starting at $50/ticket:
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2012-2009269/

With fees, such a pair would average $57.73 all-in. It's still morning, tickets will get even cheaper as game time approaches. Good of the Yankees to be so generous in offering the same tickets for $80 + fees

this is as USELESS as the "tickets" thread on here.

As a seller - why would you want to sell at face value for premium games when you can get above it on stubhub?

As a buyer why would you pay under face value for them on here when you can get them WAY WAY WAY under face value on stubhub?
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Cy Young

Two Delta's for tonight, 220A Row 1 at $150/each!!!

NYYF Legend

Firesale for tomorrow's afternoon game.

Heat Index over 100, 60% chance of thunderstorms, and no one wants to be in the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Firesale for tomorrow's afternoon game.

Heat Index over 100, 60% chance of thunderstorms, and no one wants to be in the ballpark.
    Not only the weather, but tomorrow's day game is a Friday+ Plan throw-away date....
    I am actually looking forward to leaving work early...

Cheers!
    -Doug

im actually going to the game tomorrow. picked up obstructed bleacher seats during the presale cause its mark teixeira figurine day. just dont feel like sitting in the stadium all day if its gonna rain.

Thread Information