+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Re: The StubHub Thread

I got a pair in 203 for $3/each, and there were plenty of others in the RF bleachers at that price. Lowest overall was $2/ea at the time. Three years ago you couldn't get into 203 for less than 2 times face value.

Devoted Member

weather doesn't look so bad right now according to the radar
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dhettrick55 View Post
    I'm taking my tickets for tonight (part of my Sunday plan), putting them in a paper shredder, and mailing that to the ticket office since they are completely worthless.
    Great idea. I think I'll bind my ticket shreds together with some dog crap when I send it to the Yankees ticket office.

Devoted Member

Since my GS outfields are only $20 I'd rather eat the tickets than list them below $5 on stubhub.

Devoted Member

I would like to add that if anyone is ever looking for a forum member to split a pair of 'cheap' Legends seats, feel free to shoot me a PM. I've never been, and I'm dying to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by TierReservedCreature View Post
    I would like to add that if anyone is ever looking for a forum member to split a pair of 'cheap' Legends seats, feel free to shoot me a PM. I've never been, and I'm dying to check them out.
    likewise, my birthday is next week. I think that calls for a steak, crab legs and some Yankees baseball.

I know a couple Legends sellers - they are looking for $200 each for Tampa games coming up!

Two different pairs to be exact!

I will ask for specific games and when I have it, I will post them here!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    I know a couple Legends sellers - they are looking for $200 each for Tampa games coming up!

I would be interested in some of these tickets if you can get me a list. PM me with the list if you could!

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I also would like to be included if they have games to sell.
    Life is good!

Wonder if Andy's 1st home start will create a bonanza on the hub??

On a side note.. You gotta wonder who in their right mind has full season seats in Field MVP when your lucky to get 50% back on a nightly basis.. is it really worth it? Were those seats under contract like the Jim Beam's?

Quote Originally Posted by headshoes View Post

On a side note.. You gotta wonder who in their right mind has full season seats in Field MVP when your lucky to get 50% back on a nightly basis.. is it really worth it? Were those seats under contract like the Jim Beam's?

Andy's game back at the stadium will be HUGE. And now everyone is waiting on the Girardi's confirmation of when and then you will see a very quick shift in price!

It will be both buyers and sellers market.

As for FS in Field MVP - I know a couple of these and they are own by Corporation and they are claimed as business expenses. So to them, if a deal is closed when going to the game, it is all good. And when the tickets are unused, they just give them to the employee's family!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

If you have nice MVP field level on the aisle, low row behind the Yankees dugout you can break even (maybe come out a little ahead to apply to the games you go to). Probably a money loser if in the back or behind the screen.

Yankees are trying to add some perks to make up for this. For example all weekend they held an event at the stadium for "premium" subscribers including MVP field level. Ball park food in legends, batting practice on the field, catching fly balls in the outfield and tours of dugout, clubhouse and monument park.

They are figuring our if you charge that much they need to include perks. I think it's a smart move - knicks and rangers figured that out years ago.

What's everyone's prediction for Andy's 1st home start??

NYYF Legend

What's everyone's prediction for Andy's 1st home start??
    I don't expect it to be that hot of a ticket, we've all seen him pitch before. If it were his last start that would be a different story

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I don't expect it to be that hot of a ticket, we've all seen him pitch before. If it were his last start that would be a different story
    I agree. This is not like last time when he was in Texas for a few years, I just don't see this being that big of deal.

It will be both buyers and sellers market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Named Fred View Post

Buyers' market - when die hard fan just want to see Andy pitches, they are willing to pay what ever the going rate is.

Some will buy at a reasonable price and hoping to flip them. I have seen these actions many time in the past. Same block of tickets being "recycled" for much higher price due to supply and demand.

Sellers' market - they can raise the price or set it at whatever they like. If the die-hard fans cant wait, they will pay whatever!

A good example of this - Opening game this year. Buyers were buying up in bulk and when they see the price rocketed, they all became sellers. Make that pretty penny and ran away with a cold six packs in front of the 65" HDTV at home.

Quote Originally Posted by TierReservedCreature View Post
    I agree. This is not like last time when he was in Texas for a few years, I just don't see this being that big of deal.

To some it is not a big deal - it is just another game in May. Who cares!

But to others whom happened to be Andy's faithful followers, that is another story! It will not be huge game for milestone purposes, but it is what I called it "tuck at the heart game".

Come on, it's Andy Pettitte!

If Donnie baseball willing to don a Yankees uniform and pick up a bat, I am willing to drop some to see him play again! It is hard seeing him coach - it doesnt do anything for me!

NYYF Cy Young

What's an HTDV? It sounds like I might need one.

I agree. I'm a Pettitte fan and to me its not that big a deal. Sounds like someone is trying to manufacture demand.

NYYF Legend

NEW ALCOHOL POLICY:
    All beer sales in the Bleachers stop at the end of the 5th inning or at management's discretion. In the Bleachers, there is a limit of one beer per person per transaction. Identification is required for all alcohol purchases.
    From season ticket holders email...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    From season ticket holders email...
    Is that because of that one fight people were talking about on the bald vinny thread? Talk about over-reaction, did someone sue the Yankees or something

NYYF Triple Crown

Is that because of that one fight people were talking about on the bald vinny thread? Talk about over-reaction, did someone sue the Yankees or something
    According to yankeefanatic in the other thread addressing this, there were other bleacher-specific incidents recently that might have lead to this policy.

But since the incident up in 328 went viral very quickly, I'm sure it didn't do anything to slow the process.
    http://deadspin.com/5906062/alleged-...yankee-stadium
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Same. I'm a big Andy fan but I'm not even going to the game - if it was the last time he were pitching in YS, I'd try to get a ticket.

Buyers' market - when die hard fan just want to see Andy pitches, they are willing to pay what ever the going rate is.

Sellers' market - they can raise the price or set it at whatever they like. If the die-hard fans cant wait, they will pay whatever!
    So in a buyer's market buyers pay whatever the going rate is and in a seller's market the sellers can charge whatever they want presumably because buyers will pay whatever the going rate is?

Thread Information