+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    There's a single in Legends 21B Row 1 for $249.
    With that seat you'd have to be on your best behavior since you'd be on television all afternoon long.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Legends 14B, row 5 (pair) for $225.

4 Field MVPs for tomorrow in 116.. $99 a pop... not too shabby...

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Three events today, Rangers playoffs Round 2 Game 1, Yankees vs Detroit, and MLS Red Bulls. And that's on top of the Knicks / Heat playoffs first game on TV in Miami. Surprised the Yankees game tickets have held up decently
    My theory on Stubhub and STH is just that. Hold the line. Don't drop your pants. If people want to go, they will pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    My theory on Stubhub and STH is just that. Hold the line. Don't drop your pants. If people want to go, they will pay.
    Nice theory but it doesn't work in practice. If the sellers on Stubhub took a long term view and weren't afraid of eating a few tickets along the way, they'd as a group, do better since it would not leave an expectation among buyers that ticket prices are going to tank as game time approaches. However, Stubhub sellers don't take a long term view and few, if any, are willing to eat tickets and so you see the proverbial $0.99 specials for some games. The prevailing view among the majority of sellers is that something ... anything ... is better than nothing.

NYYF Legend

Also if you're playing by the book and reporting your gains on ticket sales to the IRS, you can't take the loss on the tickets you eat because they just assume you used them yourself. So your only option is to sell them at any price to get the sale record

Also if you're playing by the book and reporting your gains on ticket sales to the IRS, you can't take the loss on the tickets you eat because they just assume you used them yourself. So your only option is to sell them at any price to get the sale record
    So that impacts, what, perhaps 3 people?

NYYF Cy Young

Legends already less than $250 for tomorrow nights game.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Legends already less than $250 for tomorrow nights game.
    Well I may have gambled and lost by paying $299 for the one ticket on Wednesday.
    Life is good!

I'm thinking it could have something to do with the Rangers being home tomorrow night as well for a playoff game.

Question:

My understanding is that a listing would expired for Electronic Delivery 48 hours before game time unless you enter the bar codes for instant delivery. But I see tickets for tomorrow night's game that's checked for electronic delivery but bar codes not entered for instant delivery - can those be Yankee "dumps"?

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Question:

My understanding is that a listing would expired for Electronic Delivery 48 hours before game time unless you enter the bar codes for instant delivery. But I see tickets for tomorrow night's game that's checked for electronic delivery but bar codes not entered for instant delivery - can those be Yankee "dumps"?
    Stubhub Largesellers play by different rules.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

The bottom line is.

Brokers don't want to see the 500lb gorilla in the room.

"STUBHUB HAS PUT BROKERS OUT OF BUSINESS"

When I can't go to a game at the last minute I am happy to get 1/2 price
    because its not my business. Before stubhub they were thrown or given away.

My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Well I may have gambled and lost by paying $299 for the one ticket on Wednesday.
    Unless they went yesterday I guess I didn't screw up after all. The only ones that have a face value less than the $299 I paid were for doubles so it looks like I made the right choice.
    Life is good!

Unless they went yesterday I guess I didn't screw up after all. The only ones that have a face value less than the $299 I paid were for doubles so it looks like I made the right choice.
    YankeePride1967: Will Wednesday be your first time in Legends? If so, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyjay View Post
    YankeePride1967: Will Wednesday be your first time in Legends? If so, congratulations.
    Actually it's tonight (I bought the ticket last Wednesday). And yes it is. From what I read I should arrive with an empty stomach.
    Life is good!

Actually it's tonight (I bought the ticket last Wednesday). And yes it is. From what I read I should arrive with an empty stomach.
    Even better. You will have a great time. In fact, I'm willing to guarantee that it will not be your last time in Legends.

Depending on how work goes, I may be there, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyjay View Post
    Even better. You will have a great time. In fact, I'm willing to guarantee that it will not be your last time in Legends.

Depending on how work goes, I may be there, as well.
    My seat is in 17B (last row). But anywhere in there I'll take.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

If you go with a lady friend, make sure she brings a big purse for the run on loose candy at the end of the game just inside the club entrance next by the field

If you go with a lady friend, make sure she brings a big purse for the run on loose candy at the end of the game just inside the club entrance next by the field
    if anyone is interested in splitting a pair in Legends either tonight or tomorrow (mon or tues), PM me. prices are in range of what I'm willing to pay, but only need a single. Kids have to much homework this week

Thanks for the heads up but I'm going solo. Still looking forward to it.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    if anyone is interested in splitting a pair in Legends either tonight or tomorrow (mon or tues), PM me. prices are in range of what I'm willing to pay, but only need a single. Kids have to much homework this week

BourbonMan: Check your inbox.

4pm: Legends at $199 (2-6 tix)

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    4pm: Legends at $199 (2-6 tix)
    I never saw this listing. The tickets must have gone fast. Where were the seats?

Devoted Member

I saw a pair of Jim Beam's for $30/each around 4:15 that got snapped up when I refreshed the page less than 5 minutes later.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Thread Information