+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 124 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sorianoNY12 View Post
    sellers can always download tickets from their accounts and upload the pdfs...
    Unless the Yankees revert to their draconian licensee requirements that tickets shall not be resold at all or ye shall be banned....

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Unless the Yankees revert to their draconian licensee requirements that tickets shall not be resold at all or ye shall be banned....

Cheers!
    -Doug

is that legal?

and this will only cause them to lose more season subscribers, something i dont think the can afford to do

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post

Cheers!
    -Doug
    is that legal?

and this will only cause them to lose more season subscribers, something i dont think the can afford to do
    No, not legal, fortunately for fans. New York State makes it a felony for event organizers to restrict resale of their tickets using any means. It's also illegal to produce only paperless tickets that can't easily be transferred to another buyer or acquaintance.

If the Yankees break off and start their own floored market, they will get no traffic because everyone will still buy on Stubhub at true market prices. There just won't be barcode validation anymore. PDF tickets are almost just as good though, which backs the Yankees into a corner.

If the Yankees get rid of PDF print outs all together to screw stubhub and force fedex delivery, that means they can't produce PDFs for their marketplace either. They would have to re-print hard tickets for everyone at the box office, which would cost a lot of money and time.

Yankees are going to lose this fight. Greedy mofos can't stomach anyone making a dime off their tickets. The geenie is out of the bottle, the market is free and open and people will pay based on supply and demand.

is that legal?

It was standard operating procedure for the Yankees before the Stub Hub deal....

If the Yankees determined that you were selling tickets on the secondary market during the season, you'd forfeit your right to playoff tickets and would not be offered renewal the following season.

Of course, you could claim that you gave them away, and a third party was selling them.... but there are only so many times you could cry wolf.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yankees are going to lose this fight. Greedy mofos can't stomach anyone making a dime off their tickets. The geenie is out of the bottle, the market is free and open and people will pay based on supply and demand.
    You're right. They seem to think that if only tickets weren't available at lower prices that fans would buy them at whatever price the Yankees want. They are mistaken. Those tickets wouldn't sell at all. They clearly want to control the supply side without understanding the demand side at all.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    You're right. They seem to think that if only tickets weren't available at lower prices that fans would buy them at whatever price the Yankees want. They are mistaken. Those tickets wouldn't sell at all. They clearly want to control the supply side without understanding the demand side at all.
    They understand the demand side just fine. They run plenty of ticket specials including $5 tickets. Going forward they want to be the only ones allowed to sell below face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Bxboy View Post
    They understand the demand side just fine. They run plenty of ticket specials including $5 tickets. Going forward they want to be the only ones allowed to sell below face value.
    That will be a real problem for them. So far they've "employed" season plan holders to make up the difference between the Yankees' face value and the "real" value of tickets as determined in the secondary market. That is, the season plan holders have been taking the loss instead of the Yankees themselves.

If you look at the TicketMaster seat maps for non-premium games, it is clear that the season ticket base is a lot smaller than it was in 2009 and 2010. Fewer plan holders means fewer people paying full price to the Yankees and taking losses for them. If the current trends hold, there will be even fewer plan holders next year and then more and more of those losses will be shifted to the Yankees.

They seem to think that they can somehow maintain their high prices if they choke off the outlets that enable fans to buy under face value tickets. The fallacy of that thinking is that it assumes that people will continue to buy season plans with even fewer options for selling extra/unneeded tickets. The Yankees don't want to see plan holders make any money but yet expect them to keep buying season plans.

In the end, the market will determine the price of Yankees tickets, not the Yankees themselves, no matter what they do.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

For a long time the Red Sox refused to participate in the stubhub venture and you weren't able to submit barcodes for their tickets. It also took the Twins a couple years to get on board. I think the Yankees are going to explore every option they can, but in the end they'll just have to fall in line. Stubhub is not putting in a floor, there's just no way and it would be pointless. If the Yankees go it alone people will still list on stubhub, there just won't be barcode validation. The Steinbrenners will just be fighting a losing battle

The problem is getting the season ticket holder to hold out till someone buys their ticket at their price. People will still go watch the games.....Dont' sell your tickets less than face value.

Devoted Member

StubHub needs to bring back the seating level chart. You can no longer select which level you want to look in for tickets. Now you go by price or the section you select on the map.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
    StubHub needs to bring back the seating level chart. You can no longer select which level you want to look in for tickets. Now you go by price or the section you select on the map.
    Stubhub listings for Yankees games now use javascript instead of flash. At the same time some moron decided it was a good idea to bury the section filters.

The levels are still there. But good luck finding them (hint, you have to click at the top right [zones])

Devoted Member

Stubhub listings for Yankees games now use javascript instead of flash. At the same time some moron decided it was a good idea to bury the section filters.

The levels are still there. But good luck finding them (hint, you have to click at the top right [zones])
    Ah, found it! Thanks. I would never have seen it there. Bad design.

Devoted Member

Took me a week to realize those filters were still there. Terrible layout.

Devoted Member

With temps for Friday night expected to be low 40s or high 30s, I think there could be some good deals on StubHub. I'm thinking of going, but will wait to see if I can get some field level tickets on the cheap, otherwise I'll grab something in the grandstand.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by QTswoosh11 View Post
    The problem is getting the season ticket holder to hold out till someone buys their ticket at their price. People will still go watch the games.....Dont' sell your tickets less than face value.
    And the problem with holding out is eventually the tickets expire . . .
    Last edited by Sparky; 04-27-12 at 12:00 PM.

going to get tickets for sunday in either 202 or 203.. should i keep waiting?

Devoted Member

Bleacher tickets tend to hold steady. I've found good deals buying "last minute" tickets on SH. Usually I buy them for Friday nights though. More people are probably able to go Sundays (especially with kids), so I'm not sure how much tickets will drop the next couple of days.

I just bought tickets 10 minutes ago on SH for tonight's game. Section 120A for $69. Figured can't go wrong those at that price.

Devoted Member

just north of 1400 tickets available for tonight. Cheapest right now are outfield GS at $11.
    Cheapest legends is $350, cheapest champions is $125. There's 4 in the Delta Suites for $90 each.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

NYYF Legend

Couple hours ago my 408 single ticket sold for $15. Not terrible, considering the weather...

NYYF Cy Young

There is one scenario that scares me... say Stubhub makes $2 million a year on Yankee ticket commissions and service fees. What is keeping the Yankees from paying Stubhub, say, $4 million to not have Yankee tixx listed? Stubhub doesn't have a floor so they are happy, tickets can still be resold on other brokerage sites (that are ripoffs) and ebay so it is legal, and the only one screwed are the fans. Sounds right up the Yankees' alley.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Couple hours ago my 408 single ticket sold for $15. Not terrible, considering the weather...
    They must not have known just how bad the weather was...

And that 408 ticket could have been used for much better seats. This was my first time at the new stadium where my ticket was not checked going into my section. I was right beneath you in 208 and not a ticket-checking usher to be seen...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    They must not have known just how bad the weather was...

And that 408 ticket could have been used for much better seats. This was my first time at the new stadium where my ticket was not checked going into my section. I was right beneath you in 208 and not a ticket-checking usher to be seen...
    Yeah, that's pretty much why I don't like to go to April games. Just too damn cold outside haha.

I dont think this is about supply or demand, it is more like fans who want to pay the least and get the most - nothing wrong with that if you can get it.

The yankees make their money no matter what. The same can be said about stubhub. They benefit off each other.

As for buying cheapies on SH now - the fees cost more than the tickets! Yikes! Talking about Ticketmaster in the making!

If anything, it is the sellers of those partial plans who make 5x-10x for Opening day tickets - they can afford to sell $20 seat for $5 since they already made their profit!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Devoted Member

about 40minutes left in the trading day. About 1,000 tickets available. Looks like with the nicer weather we're not seeing the panic selling, cheapest tix right now are $20. There's a single in Legends 21B Row 1 for $249. Also in Legends 14B there are some $275 and $273 ticket pairs. Under $300 on a Saturday....if I lived in the area I'd be all over those.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

NYYF Legend

Three events today, Rangers playoffs Round 2 Game 1, Yankees vs Detroit, and MLS Red Bulls. And that's on top of the Knicks / Heat playoffs first game on TV in Miami. Surprised the Yankees game tickets have held up decently

Thread Information