+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 137 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    All you had to do to get Tier Reserved seats for that game was to wait on line outside the Stadium for 8 hours on Columbus Day..... I was in Tier Reserved 34, Row P. I think face was $45. I got on line after work, had my tickets in hand about midnight.

There were no plan holders then. The Yankees had 40,000 seats to sell for each World Series game.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    I had a totally different experience: I got on a line for the 1996 ALDS (not even WS) at 9am and the line already wrapped around to the outside entrance to the Stadium Club. By the afternoon the line wrapped to the bat and then all the way around the parking garage. When tickets went on sale I moved about 50 feet in an hour before tickets were sold out. It was for this reason that I purchased a partial plan.

I have no idea why getting WS tickets was so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I had a totally different experience: I got on a line for the 1996 ALDS (not even WS) at 9am and the line already wrapped around to the outside entrance to the Stadium Club. By the afternoon the line wrapped to the bat and then all the way around the parking garage. When tickets went on sale I moved about 50 feet in an hour before tickets were sold out. It was for this reason that I purchased a partial plan.

There were twice as many games to sell tickets to...

Two home games for the ALDS.
    Four home games for the WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

I can answer that. The World Series, the NYPD had everyone wait in the park instead of snaking around Yankee Stadium like they did for the ALCS. When they opened the windows, they lost control of the crowd, it became a mini Woodstock free for all and many people who were up front to start ended up way in the back.

A lot of people were heated, many left, and the NYPD started telling people the games were going to be sold out which did not help. I left myself because I was actually concerned a riot would break out

By mid afternoon things had calmed, and rumor was the games were sold out. I took chance the next day, walked up to the window, got LF bleachers for game 6, tier reserved for game 7. The guy at the window claimed they had a few hundred for Games 6 and 7 but did not announce it because they ware afraid they would have another mini stampede

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    And you can probably move down later in the game, or earlier if there's a no show.

I'm pretty surprised at how stubhub is doing for this game, less than 800 tix left. This is actually a 9-game plan date, and I'm holding a pair that looks like I'll be able to get back face after fees. I'm going to wait it out until around a quarter to 5 before setting the market price on the listing
    Our assigned seats were in 431B. We slipped the usher a $20 and sat in 320 instead (behind home plate).
    Life is good!

Was able to snag seats in 130 Row 9 But it was really like row 6 great seats for only 33.00!! The GF was impressed!

Was waiting on the legends to drop but they never did

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    I can answer that. The World Series, the NYPD had everyone wait in the park instead of snaking around Yankee Stadium like they did for the ALCS. When they opened the windows, they lost control of the crowd, it became a mini Woodstock free for all and many people who were up front to start ended up way in the back.

A lot of people were heated, many left, and the NYPD started telling people the games were going to be sold out which did not help. I left myself because I was actually concerned a riot would break out

By mid afternoon things had calmed, and rumor was the games were sold out. I took chance the next day, walked up to the window, got LF bleachers for game 6, tier reserved for game 7. The guy at the window claimed they had a few hundred for Games 6 and 7 but did not announce it because they ware afraid they would have another mini stampede
    Sadly that makes sense. When you say park you mean where the current stadium stands? I am trying to picture all of those people racing along River Ave behind the bleachers and down to the ticket window. How did the NYPD think that this was better than a line?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    Was able to snag seats in 130 Row 9 But it was really like row 6 great seats for only 33.00!! The GF was impressed!

Was waiting on the legends to drop but they never did
    That was a nice pickup. I sat in that section for Opening Day 2010, but in row 20 something.
    And you obviously can't beat that price savings!
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Legend

This just in, Knicks and Rangers are dumping ticketmaster in favor of ticketsnow. Wonder if the Yankees are looking at switching too

This just in, Knicks and Rangers are dumping ticketmaster in favor of ticketsnow. Wonder if the Yankees are looking at switching too

Isnt ticketsnow a division of ticketmaster?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Isnt ticketsnow a division of ticketmaster?
    Good call, I didn't realize that
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TicketsNow

So I guess that means Ticketmaster is spinning off its ticketexchange market to its ticketsnow subsidiary to separate the prirmary from secondary markets. They must be afraid of getting sued

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post

Yep. That's what my buddies who didn't have to work told me. Those who were last into Macombs Dam Park were the first ones on line when the windows opened.

I myself got on the line at 5ish in the afternoon. The line began in dead center at the corner of 161 and River. My buddies who waited the night had just gotten their tickets about 6pm, and had found me on line. They told me there were scattered singles for the first two games left, and PLENTY for Games 6 and 7, and that there was no way I would not get tickets for Game 6. (He and his brother picked up scattered singles for Game 1, and got 4 in Tier Reserved 12 for Game 6.

The line didn't move quickly, because it was as wide as the sidewalk at that point. The police began to slim it down by pushing the wooden horses closer to the stadium wall as people were called forward to the windows.

I had Tier Reserve 34, Row P, for Game 6 in my hands just after midnight. They were still selling Game 7 the next day. There were no *heated* issues when I was there, but I could just imagine how it would have been had I been there all night and gotten screwed.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Devoted Member

Yeah, prices going UP not down. Must be the nice weather

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24_8wRnPqAM
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Devoted Member

The big test is the next Saturday home game. It's possible we see a Jekyl and Hyde market for Yankees tickets where weekend afternoon games with good weather are sold out and resold at high markups, and every other game is dumped at well below face
    If you're right (we'll see next Saturday) this will be a situation of "a bird in hand is the same as 2 in the bush." I listed a few games that both myself or my brother can't make (Sunday plan GS outfield $20 face) and the 4/29 Detroit game was sold last Sunday afternoon (4/15) for $16 each. Now perhaps I could have waited and maybe gotten more if it was a nice day with a good pitching matchup, but I'd rather take the guaranteed money 2 weeks in advance.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Good call, I didn't realize that
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TicketsNow

So I guess that means Ticketmaster is spinning off its ticketexchange market to its ticketsnow subsidiary to separate the prirmary from secondary markets. They must be afraid of getting sued

I think they already did, when they had concerts sell out on ticketmaster they immediatley linked you to ticketsnow..They no longer are able to do that

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by chuey1997 View Post
    The Flyers added StubHub in January. It works just like MLB, you can scan your barcodes in and instant transfer. Being a Flyers season ticket holder, i actually preferred the old Flyers marketplace. Sellers weren't charged any fees but the buyers were charged 20%. It was great during the 2010 Flyers Cup run. At the end of the season we were just mailed a check with all the sale proceeds.
    So, Stubhub has moved into the NHL. Not a league-wide thing, but on a team-by-team basis. NBA and NFL next?

I just found 1 (that is all I would want) for Legend's next Monday for Baltimore for $299. Is that a good buy or should I wait?
    Life is good!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I just found 1 (that is all I would want) for Legend's next Monday for Baltimore for $299. Is that a good buy or should I wait?
    I would definitely wait imo. Not too many people rushing out to see a Monday night game against Baltimore. $300 seems to be a pretty standard "low" price for Legends for a non-premium game, but if you wait it will likely fall to $250 or maybe less depending on the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I'd wait until at least the day of game. A Monday against Baltimore certainly isn't going to go up in price, but it sure could come down.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by chan1023 View Post
    I'd wait until at least the day of game. A Monday against Baltimore certainly isn't going to go up in price, but it sure could come down.
    There's always guys like him who want to score a cheap Legends seat, so even though there might be a listing that keeps going down in price, usually someone snaps it up before you have a chance

There's always guys like him who want to score a cheap Legends seat, so even though there might be a listing that keeps going down in price, usually someone snaps it up before you have a chance
    I just grabbed it. Like you said there may be someone like me that only wants to buy one and in searching for this section in past games all I've seen are tickets sold in pairs.
    Life is good!

If the price being offered is something you are willing to pay, then pay.

Many years ago I was skiing up in Canada, and decided to take in a Saturday Night game at the old Montreal Forum. The game is obviously sold out, but there were scalpers left and right at Ste Catherine and Atwater.

I knew what SR tickets would go for ($40-$50). I was competing with another guy who really wanted them cheaper.

The scalper and I could not agree on terms. So I walked away.

When there were no tickets to be found, and the game was ready to start, I went back to the scalper and asked him if he still had them. He said yes. I told him I'd give him $80 for the pair. He agreed. The guy with whom I was competing tried to enter the deal, but the scalper told him to "Eff awf. You had your chance", and the walked away disappointed... And I walked into the Forum.

Bottom line is, he wanted them cheap. But lost them because he was too cheap.

Don't be too cheap. If you think the price is right, strike.

Cheers!
    -Doug

NYYF Legend

I swear the NY Post just copies my NYYFans posts verbatim lol:

Yankees, StubHub in big spat over ticket prices

The Yankees and StubHub are having a spat about ticket prices, and it could lead to a divorce at the end of this season, according to sources familiar with the negotiations. The marriage has been on the rocks for a while. StubHub, the 12-year-old Internet site where “fans buy and sell tickets,” has been an official partner of Major League Baseball for the past five years, and ticketholders of all 30 teams use it as a convenient way to sell seats they don’t want.

But for the past few years, the cheapest unwanted Yankee tickets have been reselling on StubHub at just a few dollars apiece, and sources say the team isn’t happy. For instance, right now there are 7,184 tickets listed on StubHub for next Monday night’s game against the Baltimore Orioles, with prices starting at just $3 — less than the price of a beer.

If fans went to the Stadium box office or to Yankees.com, the team’s official site, those seats would cost $15.20 apiece. Worse for the team, there’s a direct link to StubHub on the Yankees’ website. So a fan who clicks that StubHub link on Yankees.com will get to buy tickets for $3 apiece and not the higher official price. Resale prices on StubHub for next Tuesday’s Baltimore game are even lower: some fans are willing to give up their $15 seats for just $2.88. There are at least 8,318 seats priced below the box-office price for that game against Baltimore.

In fact, tickets on StubHub remain at prices the Yankees probably would consider too low until the Seattle Mariners come to town in mid-May. That’s when the Yankees also start giving things away as promotions during games. But then StubHub’s lowest- priced tickets drop back down to the few-bucks level in early June when the Kansas City Royals come to town. The contract with MLB ends after this season. And sources tell me the Yankees, the Los Angeles Angels and some other clubs would like StubHub to place a floor on ticket prices offered for sale on their site.

But that goes against StubHub’s philosophy of letting the marketplace set the price. “That’s absolutely the No. 1 issue (with the Yankees),” said one person familiar with the negotiations. It’s very unlikely that StubHub, or its parent company, eBay, will go along with the idea of a price floor, since it contradicts the San Francisco-based firm’s entire business model.

It is still unclear whether the Yankees and the dissatisfied members of MLB’s lineup can break off from the teams that seem satisfied with StubHub and might want to renew the contract. The Bronx Bombers could decide to set up their own secondary marketplace where fans can unload unwanted tickets. The Mets’ website, while offering a ticket exchange, doesn’t appear to have any StubHub branding.

In the NBA, some clubs run their own ticket exchange and some have deals with StubHub. Or the Yankees could opt for a deal with a service like Ticketmaster, which has a deal with the NFL. StubHub does have ticketing deals with some football teams. The Yankees and StubHub have a bit of a history. In 2006, prior to the MLB deal with the ticket reseller, the Yanks moved to revoke the season tickets of fans who sold their unused tickets to StubHub.

If the Yankees go it alone, the terms of the new contract could be more rigorous on pricing. But even if that happens, there is nothing that will prevent Yankees fans from selling tickets on their own through StubHub, or eBay, which sells a wide variety of goods and services. It just might become a bit more cumbersome for fans looking to purchase resold tickets from the exchange as they might have to visit two sites.

The Yankees, of course, could encounter some annoyance from season ticketholders who bought their tickets at the regular price and feel they have the right to sell them for whatever they want. Yankees President Randy Levine confirmed to me that the team is looking at other options for secondary market sales and that it is trying to determine if re-upping with StubHub makes sense. StubHub wouldn’t comment about the MLB deal.

The Yankees have been trying to weigh fans’ opinions on the matter. The club recently sent out a survey to lapsed season ticketholders that asked several StubHub-related questions. Question 36, for instance, asked: “What is the biggest reason you decided not to renew your Yankees ticket license plan?”

Of the 11 possible responses, the fifth choice was “It is cheaper and more convenient to buy tickets through websites such as StubHub.” The next question: “What is your second biggest reason?” One choice is “I cannot sell my tickets for what I paid for them.” This is a classic matchup: a traditional powerhouse baseball team that is trying to protect its profits versus an Internet expansion team that has rewritten the rules.

This really is Money Ball.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...tzCosJEdLbcV6O

NYYF Legend

TicketsNow has gone live with their new marketplace for Rangers games:
    http://www.ticketsnow.com/new-york-rangers-tickets/

Anyone can list tickets, they don't have barcode integration yet but I expect to see it sooner than later. It works more or less like stubhub. A couple of interesting new concepts:

- Option to list at "market price". If selected, TN adjusts your ticket prices each day to the average of tickets sold for similar seats
    - Concept of "Premium Inventory". TN will actually act like a broker and buy your seats to resell them on their marketplace. So you can get cash immediately instead of waiting for market price

NYYF Cy Young

There is one other major issue if MLB and StubHub does not renew their deal next year- possibly no more instant downloads- customers may have to pay a fedex shipping fee, plus have to wait a day or two to get their tickets. That means no more last minute deals.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    There is one other major issue if MLB and StubHub does not renew their deal next year- possibly no more instant downloads- customers may have to pay a fedex shipping fee, plus have to wait a day or two to get their tickets. That means no more last minute deals.

sellers can always download tickets from their accounts and upload the pdfs...

plus its now free to do

Thread Information