+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 142 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Re: The StubHub Thread

Just to clarify trueblue's response, its a $5 minimum for the order, not per ticket. You can also see the subtotal if you go as if you are going to buy them. It shows up even before you put your CC info in.

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    its usually 10% of the ticket price, but 10% oft the ticket price is less than 5 dollars, they charge a 5 dollar service fee

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    If the Legends drop to 199.99 I'll be all over them in an instant
    I wouldn't wait for $199.99. If you see them for $200.00, go for it.

I sat in Legends (actually in a section, 29, which is now Champions) for Opening Day in '09. I figured then it was worth it one time if I were paying for it myself and assuming $200 doesn't force you to skip meals for the next week, it is worth that much to do it once.

BTW - For reference, another forum member (dadrumma) snagged a pair of Legends seats last year for $5 each (probably someone's typo on StubHub). That's right, five dollars! On top of that, after he had gone to the stadium and chowed down in the fancy restaurant, the game was rained out so he got to go back and do it again. Best deal ever or ever will be.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Devoted Member

I actually was given free tickets to the game last night. Sat in the Terrace section, and except for two other people, the whole role was empty. 36,000 sounds about right. For fun, I did check Stub Hub prices for Field Level seats, and they were definitely affordable. Next weekday game I go to (that I pay for) I will shoot for something fancy lol.

prices holding steady for tonight.. only around 2,000 tickets on stubhub left

im leaving work around 4.. when do you think will be the best time to buy?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    prices holding steady for tonight.. only around 2,000 tickets on stubhub left

im leaving work around 4.. when do you think will be the best time to buy?
    Try to hold out for as long as reasonably possible before cutoff. As you see in previous posts here, the prices have been tumbling fast in the closing hours prior to cutoff. You're definitely bound to find a good pickup if you can wait til 4, grab and print something quick, and dash to the game. Happy hunting!
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Try to hold out for as long as reasonably possible before cutoff. As you see in previous posts here, the prices have been tumbling fast in the closing hours prior to cutoff. You're definitely bound to find a good pickup if you can wait til 4, grab and print something quick, and dash to the game. Happy hunting!
    I have a pair available for tonight that will get you in the door, $15 for both

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Cutoff?
    What time is the cut off?
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Cutoff?
    What time is the cut off?
    2 hours before scheduled start for baseball, and game time for most other sports

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    2 hours before scheduled start for baseball, and game time for most other sports
    Thank you....
    I'm planning on doing this eventually - buying tickets as late as possible.
    Some good deals over the last few days.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I wish I read this thread last year. It would have saved me from buying even that 9 game value pack this year.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I wish I read this thread last year. It would have saved me from buying even that 9 game value pack this year.
    Listen, I've known these prices for 2 years now, and I still kept a small game plan for 2012. Cheap option for potential World Series tickets

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Listen, I've known these prices for 2 years now, and I still kept a small game plan for 2012. Cheap option for potential World Series tickets
    True, forgot about that. Good at least sitting up by the light tower will hopefully pay off with that. Never been to a World Series game. In hindsight though I now wish I took those bleacher seats for $250 for game 6 of the 96 World Series.
    Life is good!

I have a pair available for tonight that will get you in the door, $15 for both

need 4, sorry gordo

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Thank you....
    I'm planning on doing this eventually - buying tickets as late as possible.
    Some good deals over the last few days.
    Remember that clicking on some tickets with five seconds to go before cutoff won't work. Your transaction has to be completed (or at the very least almost completed) at cutoff or your transaction will be cut off too (as painful as that sounds).
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    In hindsight though I now wish I took those bleacher seats for $250 for game 6 of the 96 World Series.
    All you had to do to get Tier Reserved seats for that game was to wait on line outside the Stadium for 8 hours on Columbus Day..... I was in Tier Reserved 34, Row P. I think face was $45. I got on line after work, had my tickets in hand about midnight.

There were no plan holders then. The Yankees had 40,000 seats to sell for each World Series game.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    All you had to do to get Tier Reserved seats for that game was to wait on line outside the Stadium for 8 hours on Columbus Day..... I was in Tier Reserved 34, Row P. I think face was $45. I got on line after work, had my tickets in hand about midnight.

There were no plan holders then. The Yankees had 40,000 seats to sell for each World Series game.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Also, no internet sales and phone was a manual operator process back then, and good luck getting through. Back then they also kept the ticket pools separate to an extent

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    Also, no internet sales and phone was a manual operator process back then, and good luck getting through. Back then they also kept the ticket pools separate to an extent
    No internet sales is a given...

One way I'd get tickets to shows back then was to call out-of-state TM numbers... And I was trying that day when at work. The NY/NJ/CT numbers were a waste of time. When I finally got through, I was told by the operator that she couldn't sell me tickets because my call wasn't routed through a tri-state exchange... But she did tell me what they had left to sell, which wasn't much. She recommended I go up to the Stadium to buy.... So I did.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Still playing the waiting game but it looks like I waited to long!

Down to 1,200 tickets and the prices have been rising through the AM.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    Still playing the waiting game but it looks like I waited to long!

Down to 1,200 tickets and the prices have been rising through the AM.
    Yeah, prices going UP not down. Must be the nice weather

Yeah, prices going UP not down. Must be the nice weather

there's currently seasts in 227A for $40 and seats in 223 for $60...while not 80% below face like the last fews days, its still 50% below...not too shabby.

130 row 4 for $100. Not bad since this is there's no 1st or 2nd row, making this the actual 2nd row. Some added excitement from being so close to the field, but as noted before, not a great sight line for viewing the action.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    130 row 4 for $100. Not bad since this is there's no 1st or 2nd row, making this the actual 2nd row.
    And you can probably move down later in the game, or earlier if there's a no show.

I'm pretty surprised at how stubhub is doing for this game, less than 800 tix left. This is actually a 9-game plan date, and I'm holding a pair that looks like I'll be able to get back face after fees. I'm going to wait it out until around a quarter to 5 before setting the market price on the listing

And you can probably move down later in the game, or earlier if there's a no show.

I'm pretty surprised at how stubhub is doing for this game, less than 800 tix left. This is actually a 9-game plan date, and I'm holding a pair that looks like I'll be able to get back face after fees. I'm going to wait it out until around a quarter to 5 before setting the market price on the listing
    How did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post

Cheers!
    -Doug
    I went to the stadium about 1 hour after they clinched and it was crazy. It looked like 2 circles of people around the stadium for tickets, and then spillover into the adjacent baseball fields (the ones closest t the stadium). People were playing a pickup football game right in the middle of all of it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    How did you do?
    Not that well, I waited too long and had to drop the price to 7.50 each before fees

Thread Information