+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: The StubHub Thread

There's a lot of tickets left for tonight's game considering cutoff is only less than 6 hours away. 3400 stubs listed starting at $3.33, so it looks like the less than a buck tickets will be making their 2012 debut later this afternoon.

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...-2012-2014165/

Lots of people have midweek games they have no intention of going to, whether it be the 4 throw-ins from a weekend plan, or a 9,12,12-game plan. So for now it seems like the market for midweek games will still be trash. I'm curious to see how the weekends hold up. Saturday was very strong because of all the people who couldn't score OD tickets and the beautiful weather. The big test is the next Saturday home game. It's possible we see a Jekyl and Hyde market for Yankees tickets where weekend afternoon games with good weather are sold out and resold at high markups, and every other game is dumped at well below face

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Decided last minute to go with 3 others to last night's game. For laughs I looked on ticketmaster and all available there were the $110. Mastercard Batter's Eye seats. Went on Stubhub and found 4 tickets for $70 total (including fees) in 418. I probably could have waited later in the day in hindsight, but still for four people we went for less than they wanted for one ticket.
    Life is good!

For tonight, these jumped out at me. Should be great weather.

230 row 7 for $12
    126 row 29 for $38
    120B row 24 for $79

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post

230 row 7 for $12
    126 row 29 for $38
    120B row 24 for $79
    The Yankees are also going up against New York Rangers Game 3 tonight on TV

Losing game two probably didn't help since it's more of a series than expected now.

I'm actually one of those awkward half-breeds, having grown up in both NY and the New England-leaning part of CT. I've got Boston for indoor sports and NY for outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    The Yankees are also going up against New York Rangers Game 3 tonight on TV

230 row 7 for $12
    126 row 29 for $38
    120B row 24 for $79

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    If you want to see what has happened to the Yankee season ticket base, take a look at TM for a mid-week game. I chose the Twins game coming up on Tuesday and if I didn't know better, I'd think they were showing me the Oakland Coliseum instead of Yankee Stadium given all the available seats.
    I did go see, and you couldn't be more right! Check this out:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004869AA934C8A

I did go see, and you couldn't be more right! Check this out:

Based on that picture there is one thing we can be sure of:
    2013 Bleacher prices will increase.

I did go see, and you couldn't be more right (re: Midweek game vs Baltimore..) ! Check this out:

Even better... Look at the 16-game plans that have been pro-rated. Check out a game that was originally sold in a plan and compare availability to a game that is still in the plan.

Wednesday, April 16 was the first game in the 16-game Friday-minus plan... Plenty of seats available...

Friday, April 27 was the second game in the plan... Less seats available.

Now look well into the future... May 18... Not so many seats available.

It's safe to say that if you compare a date that was in a plan that has been busted up for single-game sales, you can seriously judge how far plan / season ticket sales have fallen.

The spread is less for the Saturday plans, because obviously the Sat / Sun plans are in more demand...

Market forces in action.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Isn't it interesting to see which sections have no availability; most of the bleachers, GS infield and Terrace outfield.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Isn't it interesting to see which sections have no availability; most of the bleachers, GS infield and Terrace outfield.
    Is it easy in this stadium to buy a cheap seat and wander around and find a better one?
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Terrace Outfield must be being held back for groups or something 333 and 334 were completely empty last night

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Is it easy in this stadium to buy a cheap seat and wander around and find a better one?
    You must be new here...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    You must be new here...
    Nice. I haven't been able to make it to the new Stadium, so I was wondering if they have any "controls" in place to prevent that.

In OYS I remember moving around quite a bit as the game went on...but I wasn't in the area during the late 90's early 00's.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Nice. I haven't been able to make it to the new Stadium, so I was wondering if they have any "controls" in place to prevent that.

In OYS I remember moving around quite a bit as the game went on...but I wasn't in the area during the late 90's early 00's.
    You could have a $300 ticket, and if you tried to go down to say hi to someone in the bleachers, you wouldn't be allowed. I think the only area without security is the grandstand.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    You could have a $300 ticket, and if you tried to go down to say hi to someone in the bleachers, you wouldn't be allowed. I think the only area without security is the grandstand.
    Thanks. That's good to know...There's a chance I could be getting up there sometime later this summer.

I just remembered moving around some in the mid-80's, for at least a game or two that I went to. It was more being in the upper deck and sliding a section or two over or down a couple rows, nothing like trying to sneak in behind home plate from the bleachers.

But, maybe I'm just misremembering.

Just love the tool who listed $200,000 bleacher seats for tomorrow... making it impossible to use the price slider for searching.

Forum Regular

Just love the tool who listed $200,000 bleacher seats for tomorrow... making it impossible to use the price slider for searching.
    Just buy them and they will go away.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

Devoted Member

Lots of people have midweek games they have no intention of going to, whether it be the 4 throw-ins from a weekend plan, or a 9,12,12-game plan. So for now it seems like the market for midweek games will still be trash.
    I'm no amateur broker, just looking to get some of my money back on games I don't attend. My brother and I share a Sunday plan, and I already told him I plan on going to the Wed. May 2nd Baltimore game since there's no chance of selling that one for remotely close to face.

I'm curious to see how the weekends hold up. Saturday was very strong because of all the people who couldn't score OD tickets and the beautiful weather. The big test is the next Saturday home game. It's possible we see a Jekyl and Hyde market for Yankees tickets where weekend afternoon games with good weather are sold out and resold at high markups, and every other game is dumped at well below face
    Hopefully that's the case with the 2 or 3 Sunday afternoon games that I can't attend. I got $15/ticket for this past Sunday night (428 Row 13) and was OK with it.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

$1.98 tickets available for tonight's game. With over 5700 remaining, I'm sure they'll break a buck before cutoff.

Worse than that, however, are the poor slobs that own plans in the higher priced sections. At least if you're selling a GS outfield seat for $1.98, you're losing less than $20. In the past three seasons, I've had season tickets in several sections of Main Outfield. For example, I had tickets last year in sec. 211. Those cost $70 each for this year but you can get a pair for tonight's game for $22. Given the StubHub fees, that's a $50/ticket loss.

Main infield 214A. I believe those are going for $85 on a full season plan. Tonight, you can get some for $33. More than a $50 loss.

But that isn't as bad as Field Infield 128. I don't know what those go for to FS plan holders, but for tonight's game, $30.

There aren't enough premium games to make up for those losses. Hopefully the individuals that own such seats aren't trying to sell very many. Otherwise, at least they'll be clean; they're taking a bath several times per week.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

There aren't enough premium games to make up for those losses. Hopefully the individuals that own such seats aren't trying to sell very many. Otherwise, at least they'll be clean; they're taking a bath several times per week.
    That's the rub that makes full season tickets unjustifiable. The only way you can make up those losses is selling all your premiums and most of your postseason tickets including World Series with a hit about once every 3 years on average. But then you're not going to any good games and you're working to feed the Steinbrenner beast for free.

All for a little paper card with your name on it?

NYYF Cy Young

$1.98 tickets available for tonight's game. With over 5700 remaining, I'm sure they'll break a buck before cutoff.

Worse than that, however, are the poor slobs that own plans in the higher priced sections. At least if you're selling a GS outfield seat for $1.98, you're losing less than $20. In the past three seasons, I've had season tickets in several sections of Main Outfield. For example, I had tickets last year in sec. 211. Those cost $70 each for this year but you can get a pair for tonight's game for $22. Given the StubHub fees, that's a $50/ticket loss.

Main infield 214A. I believe those are going for $85 on a full season plan. Tonight, you can get some for $33. More than a $50 loss.

But that isn't as bad as Field Infield 128. I don't know what those go for to FS plan holders, but for tonight's game, $30.

I've noticed very "low" prices for Legends and Delta too. $300 for right behind homeplate 5 rows back for tomorrow night.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    I've noticed very "low" prices for Legends and Delta too. $300 for right behind homeplate 5 rows back for tomorrow night.
    I just picked up 2 tickets in 220B row 2 for $100 each.. it's crazy that exists with such nice weather and a good pitching matchup

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    I just picked up 2 tickets in 220B row 2 for $100 each.. it's crazy that exists with such nice weather and a good pitching matchup
    Yankees did this to themselves, today is a:
    $5 Game: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...cials.jsp#five
    and
    eSaver: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/esaver.jsp

NYYF Cy Young

$39 for Jim Beam might be the cheapest I've ever seen them.

Hi guys! I'm new here and have some questions about tickets for you!

First off don't kill me but I'm not a Yankees Fan, I'm a Miami Marlins fan, however my girlfriend is a HUGEEEEE Yankees fan and of course I root for them rather then the Mets.

I wanted to take her to a Game this week most likely Thursday vs. Twins.

I've been to the new stadium twice and sat in the Delta Suites the first year however I read that they renovated it this year and offer some sort of food.

Between The Legends, Champions and Delta and even Jim Beam which is the best bang for your buck?

I saw some Legends on Stubhub for 300.00, Champs for 200.00 125 for Delta and like 49.00 for Jim Beam.

Any chance I can maybe get some legends or champs for 100.00-150.00$?

Also are there any non-premium seats that are worth the savings, say field infield or main between the bases?

Thanks in advanced!

Thread Information