+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Someone brought up to me today that they heard discussions of MLB possibly getting rid of PDF tickets. I don't know if that's true or not, but that does seem like it could be a way for teams to squeeze the market.

If they let the stubhub contract expire & get rid of PDF tickets, that means that instant or electronic download on 3rd party sites would be impossible. People could still buy and sell hard tickets, but they would have to deal with FedEx fees & shipping delays.

MLB would be cut out of profit sharing on secondary sites like stubhub & craigslist, so they would start their own system. But since PDF tickets would be gone, they would have to re-issue barcodes on hard tickets, and people would have to pick them up at the ballpark or team stores or something. That would be a way for them to take a cut of second level sales and put a big dent on third and fourth level resales.

Or if not get rid of them completely, they could make the print at home fee $10 or something ridiculous (subject to ticketholder backlash of course)

I'm pretty sure MLB is having several discussions about several options. I still think there's going to be a lot of downward pressure on prices since scalping laws are off the books most everywhere and tickets are pretty much treated like stocks these days
    They can discuss all they want, but that horse is out of the barn. It's going to be an interesting off season.

NYYF Legend

Opening Day ticket prices way up since mid last week, lowest price is now $87. Not a lot of inventory right now, but expecting the Yankees to release a lot more

Opening Day ticket prices way up since mid last week, lowest price is now $87. Not a lot of inventory right now, but expecting the Yankees to release a lot more

They will be releasing in spurt - most likely it will be FIELD outfield and Main outfield (by the foul poles).

Dont expect to see Grandstands unless it is the $50 version (with food and soft drinks).

As for low on inventory, alot of ANGELS fans already scoop up the available tickets. They all want to see PUJOLS' 1st HR as an American Leaguer!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

For those who were concerned--I wrote to SH about the Yankees shipping tickets so late (I sold my OD tickets because I can't take the time off work) and they said they're aware and working with MLB and the team on everything.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by leokitty View Post
    For those who were concerned--I wrote to SH about the Yankees shipping tickets so late (I sold my OD tickets because I can't take the time off work) and they said they're aware and working with MLB and the team on everything.
    That's one of the benefits of the stubhub deal with MLB, teams are responsible for playing fair. I once had a team who refused to sell me season tickets because I was out of state and said I only wanted to resell them (true, but so what I said they're supposed to be encouraging that through stubhub). I got nowhere with the team so I went through stubhub's San Francisco office and they went to the league, and I got the tickets.

NYYF Legend

Check out this new site:
    http://ticketdata.com/?id=8419

They data-mine all the secondary market sites like stubhub and compile all the confirmed sales, so you have a price history to go by

NYYF Legend

Check out this new site:

They data-mine all the secondary market sites like stubhub and compile all the confirmed sales, so you have a price history to go by
    Thanks for this! I feel pretty good about a few purchases I made. It's a good tool!
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Devoted Member

Check out this new site:

Do you realize that if you go to that site and click on "seating chart," they display the seating chart of old Yankee Stadium that closed in 2008?
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Do you realize that if you go to that site and click on "seating chart," they display the seating chart of old Yankee Stadium that closed in 2008?
    According to them they launched the site this month, so they probably don't have all teh kinks worked out. But the data looks legitimate, correct me if otherwise

NYYF Legend

According to them they launched the site this month, so they probably don't have all teh kinks worked out. But the data looks legitimate, correct me if otherwise
    I didn't look at Yankee Stadium stats or the seating chart. I registered and looked at the data for Minute Maid Park and Arlington and was able to locate the tickets I purchased off stbhub. So, based on that and some other information I had collected while searching for tickets I do believe the data is accurate.

The way the site is setup now, I would go there with a certain section already in mind. So the charts don't matter too much in these days where you can have multiple browser windows open. Of course, they should be accurate if they are going to provide a link to them.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Addicted Member

FYI, prices are starting to drop on stubhub. Earlier today cheapest tickets were $75 and now cheapest are $65. Interestingly the inventory appears to be relatively low (roughly 3,100 tickets). Makes me think the Yankees still have a lot they haven't released yet.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlevin View Post
    FYI, prices are starting to drop on stubhub. Earlier today cheapest tickets were $75 and now cheapest are $65. Interestingly the inventory appears to be relatively low (roughly 3,100 tickets). Makes me think the Yankees still have a lot they haven't released yet.

according to ticketdata, Total Number of Tickets Sold: 9,184 (on public secondary markets)

Has to be the case. $65 is still pretty high though, last year if I remember correctly OD prices dipped way low but the weather was a factor and it was on slightly less desirable Thursday
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Has to be the case. $65 is still pretty high though, last year if I remember correctly OD prices dipped way low but the weather was a factor and it was on slightly less desirable Thursday
    Yeah, day of week has been a huge factor in big games lately. A lot more people can skip out Friday afternoon and make it a long weekend. Just keep an eye on inventory, but if the weather holds up and there's no more big releases coming, these prices should stay pretty steady and could even go over $100 if inventory goes below 500

NYYF Cy Young

Check out this new site:

Did you see the pricing on the site? After the one week trial, it's $50-$120(!!!) a month.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Did you see the pricing on the site? After the one week trial, it's $50-$120(!!!) a month.
    bah, no one's going to pay that money. Just clear your cookies and sign up for another trial

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Lowest price for OD down to $55.
    Life is good!

NYYF Triple Crown

"Someone" has 18 seats together in 431A on RazorGator for $67 apiece.

http://www.razorgator.com/tickets/sports/baseball/mlb/new-york-yankees-tickets/?performance=9072225|1
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post

http://www.razorgator.com/tickets/sports/baseball/mlb/new-york-yankees-tickets/?performance=9072225|1
    ... and the Yankees don't resell on the secondary market. Who would have that many seats in that location?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post

... and the Yankees don't resell on the secondary market. Who would have that many seats in that location?
    That's why my "someone" is in quotes. It seems pretty easy to connect the dots there.
    The same 18 seats are listed on stubhub in that same section, same row.....for $83 apiece.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Cy Young

I have several listings and one of them says "Section not showing on map. Map it" Clicking on the "Map it" link almost makes me have to re-enter the listing including re-entering the bar codes; and even then, it comes back with the same issue (even tho the section/row was "found" during the data entry).

This listing is the same location as the rest of my listings and shows up as for sale on yankees.com. Should I just delete the whole entry and re-do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I have several listings and one of them says "Section not showing on map. Map it" Clicking on the "Map it" link almost makes me have to re-enter the listing including re-entering the bar codes; and even then, it comes back with the same issue (even tho the section/row was "found" during the data entry).

This listing is the same location as the rest of my listings and shows up as for sale on yankees.com. Should I just delete the whole entry and re-do it?
    Delete and start over.. Probably when you entered for section you put in for example 414 but didnt click grandstand 414. it accepted it anyway.... It happened to me, and it was easier deleting and starting over..

First just wait 2-3 minutes. A lot of times the listings come up that way but sort themselves out. Happened to me a bunch of times.

If you are entering barcodes by hand then be sure to select your section from the autocomplete -- eg 205 Main Outfield not just 205.

NYYF Legend

Just another retardo bug in the stubhub system. If you go to the listing page and check your section, you'll see your seats listed for instant download in the right place. I've had a bunch show that error, but it's a fake warning.

In other news, Stubhub has stopped using Flash for Yankees games. Everything is now in javascript / dhtml

Ok so I dropped my 4 full season tickets and kept a handful of partial plan games in the bleachers to keep seniority & some playoff rights. I've had some of those tickets listed on StubHub for a couple months and below face value (some 50% under), and how many sales do you think I have so far?

Ziltch.

Yep, that's right, no sales. Tickets just aren't moving at all. Believe it or not I think this year may be worse than last year for sellers. I think those that dropped plans to buy in game by game will be pleasantly surprised and rewarded this season
    I tried to send you a PM and received a message that your In Box is full........ As for ticket sales, rely on friends, colleagues and family and offer them a discount..... I am in the same boat you are in......... Good luck!

Thread Information