+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 142 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Re: The StubHub Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Sweet... just picked up legends for $150... not quite as good as Dadrumma's $5, but still pretty awesome.
    I was going to grab a pair hoping for a rain out, but my friend canceled on me. nice pickup!

wtf, stubhub can you please make it easier to look for tickets less than 5 dollars;
    some jackwad has tickets for tonight at 50k each and its ruining my whole search process

haha i am glad some one else is also experiencing this ridiculousness. The lowest I could get the search bar to was $95 before losing it. So frustrating...

Click on the right slider and hold down the left arrow key on your keyboard.

Thank you! That's a nifty trick.

NYYF Legend

Market is in the dumps again for tonight's game. If anyone wants to avoid the $10.05 fee per transaction, I have a pair in 413 available for $5 flat per ticket to get in the door. Take 1 or 2

Wonder if this was a mistake.. $1 for a Field Level ticket @330p...

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Yeah the food there now is horrid. The Championship suites might be the worst deal in the whole stadium imo. For the extra 50 bucks you can get Legends and get the best or you can just get Field MVP, save the over $100 in ticket price and get better food for about the same or less of the cost of the Champions ticket.
    Seats in this section should range from $325 to $250.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    No these are the "dugout" lounges, grab and go. In 2009 those had lobster rolls, sushi rolls, all high end stuff. Now it's pretty much stale burgers and hot dogs, but that was just my impression last time I was there september last year
    From what I remember all seats inside the moat back then were Legends. Sounds like once they split off the Champions seats the food choices went down in quality.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Sweet... just picked up legends for $150... not quite as good as Dadrumma's $5, but still pretty awesome.

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    From what I remember all seats inside the moat back then were Legends. Sounds like once they split off the Champions seats the food choices went down in quality.
    That's correct. The entire "moat" section was Legends initially. I actually sat in former Legends section 29 for Opening Day in '09. Unfortunately, the appeal of the three sections far down the line waned rather quickly. Below is a photo from the second game of '09:

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1623.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	21073
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by headshoes View Post
    Wonder if this was a mistake.. $1 for a Field Level ticket @330p...

That was not a mistake!

I got $5 field level tickets for the same game! But the $10 fee on top doesnt help! But hey, $22 for $100 seats - that is not a deal after all!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Forum Regular

I am looking to pick up 4 tix for Fridays game. There are 7600 tickets left with starting price around $35. Where do you think tickets will end up?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankswun96 View Post
    I am looking to pick up 4 tix for Fridays game. There are 7600 tickets left with starting price around $35. Where do you think tickets will end up?
    Last year I could not go to the Mets' game that was in my plan, so I sold my two tickets, $55 face value, for $85 each a month before the game. This year is a different story: I see tickets in the same section as my seats on sale in the $72-78 range and not selling. Just my suggestion, I would think Grandstand or Bleachers around $40 or Main around $65 would be a very good price. But I will defer to the more frequent sellers on the board - does Gordon Gecko have an opinion?
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Last year I could not go to the Mets' game that was in my plan, so I sold my two tickets, $55 face value, for $85 each a month before the game. This year is a different story: I see tickets in the same section as my seats on sale in the $72-78 range and not selling. Just my suggestion, I would think Grandstand or Bleachers around $40 or Main around $65 would be a very good price. But I will defer to the more frequent sellers on the board - does Gordon Gecko have an opinion?
    Last year subway series ended up around face and even below. The weather outlook so far for the entire weekend is very good, so that shouldn't be a factor in tanking prices. And it's not a long weekend so people are around. it's going to come down to how many tickets are left on Thursday & Friday.

If I really wanted to go to the game on Friday, I would probably buy on Wednesday morning. By then people start making plans for the weekend, the weather outlook will be awesome, and a lot of Mets fans are going to see the cheap prices and start snapping them up hoping to see the Mets rub it in the Yankees faces.

But if I wanted to go to the game and it was no big deal if I didn't get tickets, I would wait until 5:02 pm on Friday

YANKEES BLAME STUBHUB FOR LOWER ATTENDANCE

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...ntent=Business

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

^^
    The Yanks and other teams claim tickets are
    priced too low on StubHub.

No, YOUR tickets are priced too HIGH

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    ^^

No, YOUR tickets are priced too HIGH
    Stupid free market economy, it can't be right.
    Back at the track, at the wall, we are tied!

If Levine really thinks StubHub is the problem, he is totally unqualified for his job.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Triple Crown

Randy Levine: "We are actively reviewing more fan-friendly alternatives for next year."

You mean like when they stripped away my Opening Day, Old Timers Day from my plan? Catapulted me from Main Reserved between the bases to Terrace Level by foul pole? Took away my playoff invoicing? Reduced me to only two playoff tickets per game even though I have (had) four on my plan? Last off-season force-fed me another weekday game that I didn't want? Raised my price per seat $10 each for no reason at all? (No good reason anyway.) Like that? Are these the kind of alternatives you're going to come up with more of?

If you're going to come up with more fan-friendly bright ideas like these, Randy, don't bother.

Stubhub has been the only one being fan-friendly ever since the move, by letting fans actually pay market value instead of Randy's extortionist prices. Stubhub just merely exposed this scenario occurring, but it's your fault, Randy, not Stubhub's.

Levine being mad at Stubhub is like a criminal being mad that he got caught because someone exposed his crimes, instead of being contrite and sorry for the crimes he committed. I don't hold much faith in them coming up with any quick positive solutions to their mess, based on their past pedigree.

And I will get a huge cramp in my side LOL'ing if they try to conjure up something with a pricing floor. Can't wait to see that feeble attempt to force-feed the extortionist prices instead of admitting the real problems.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post
    YANKEES BLAME STUBHUB FOR LOWER ATTENDANCE

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...ntent=Business
    Funny part about this is he is complaining about Stubhub, which are tickets that are already sold, so they have the money, it is just the gravy on top from their re-sale kick back. Also if the tickets were not discounted on SH imagine how much lower the attendance would be.
    former 10 yr plan holder, now on the Hub

Quote Originally Posted by waterdr View Post
    Funny part about this is he is complaining about Stubhub, which are tickets that are already sold, so they have the money, it is just the gravy on top from their re-sale kick back. Also if the tickets were not discounted on SH imagine how much lower the attendance would be.
    If you translate into baseball accounting-speak, it is true.
    StubHub = Higher percentage of tickets sold actually get used, which translates into more bodies in the seats but lower paid attendance.
    Prior to StubHub the Yankees would sell more tickets but fewer would actually be used, since there was no good way to unload tickets for games you were not going to attend.

NYYF Legend

Randy Levine is a Class A moron. What part exactly of lower prices across the board for basically any seat to any game you want is bad for the fans? None, of course.

So he must be talking about the season ticket holders, right? Just when did Randy start giving a crap about them....

He's just crying about an efficient market valuing his inflated product at a deep discount to his greedy desires. No stopping this train, buddy. You're going to have to lower face values if you want to keep attendance up. But it goes further than that, they need to slash prices on concessions and offer a whole lot more freebies to get people in there on a regular basis

NYYF Cy Young

At this point it seems inevitable the Yankees relationship with Stubhub will be over after this year. I predict this will bode even worse for attendance next year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    At this point it seems inevitable the Yankees relationship with Stubhub will be over after this year. I predict this will bode even worse for attendance next year.
    Far from inevitable, the league could mandate that all teams participate to qualify for their share of revenue sharing. If the Yankees can opt out of barcode re-issuance with stubhub, there's no guarantee they will because if anyone with half a brain speaks up over there, they'll tell Levine and his cronies that the stubhub market will still be alive and well with PDF and FedEx tickets (hard option people have been begging for), even after they move their barcodes to a private marketplace most people won't bother using.

Thread Information