+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 151 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3766
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Bryce Harper just tweeted about his rehab in Potomac. Nobody is upset about it.
    Its Bryce Harper.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    A) It didn't have to be. Cashman handled it poorly, to say the least. And that's on him.

B) The team doctors needing to clear him seems like standard practice, so I don't think A-Rod's tweet is justification to start the clock.

C) If they are telling him he can't comment on his rehab while everyone else comments on theirs, that's BS. Either way, I didn't read it as him clearing himself to play, just reporting on what his surgeon said. It's not like he has the ability to call himself back up and put himself into the lineup. Besides, everything he has been doing has been reported by the media anyway.

EDIT: I gotta get some sleep-- I'll talk to you tomorrow if you're around.
    A). Don't disagree, as I said in my prior post his reaction was unprofessional. But if b) and c) have merit, everyone reaches a boiling point sooner or later.

B). The insurance company's lawyers might see it differently. It definitely gives them ammunition.

C). Not everyone else makes ~$30MM a season nor has continually created media sh*t storms so I disagree that some muzzling is BS.

NYYF Legend

Ok, then explain it-- "Since this is A-Rod and not any other ballplayer, he was wrong to tweet what he did because..."
    I normally find your posts clever and concise, but you're being deliberately obtuse here for some reason.

To play along, since 2007, A-Rod has been one of, if not the most, consistently toxic media presences in the sport. Yes, it appeared undeserved for several years prior, and we joked about it, but after the WS opt-out and steroid revelations he's been an unmitigated mess in the press; it just kept getting worse and worse as we marched towards this Biogenesis crap. Not only has he done stupid isht, he routinely gets his face into the media and spins some Pollyanna tale of innocence that ends up just drawing more negative attention.

Considering that history, Cashman's reaction, while undeniably unprofessional, is not only fairly easily explainable but also understandable (to me at least). A guy who for the last 5-6 years has not only been incapable of keeping his mouth shut, and doing so in a largely selfish and negative capacity, is currently embroiled in yet another front page drug mess. The idea that, after so many incidents, the Yankees haven't spoken very clearly and directly to him and his representatives about cutting the isht out just doesn't make any sense at all.

Coupling that with Cashman's reaction, it's blatantly obvious that it wasn't about that one simple tweet, and instead a bigger ongoing problem. What are the specifics of that problem? I don't know, but a GM essentially losing his cool and telling a player to "shut the f*ck up" in front of the press doesn't get generated by a seemingly innocuous tweet, and given the fact that this is A-Rod we're talking about, Occam's razor says this was him doing something to draw attention to himself that was outside the rules or regulations of what was being asked of him.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Arid pretty much never says much of anything unless it's good news.

It's the media creating mountains out of ant hills.

It doesn't even make sense for him to be the primary target. Ryan Braun is much more likely to be the reason MLB is going after Bosch so hard. The media even mentions this here and there. But Braun doesn't sell. ARod does.

Terrible application of occam's razor. The easiest and simplest explanation is cash man is sick of hearing ARod's name and it's easier to lash out at the unpopular kid than the media.

Maybe Cashman knows something about the Biogenesis fallout?
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF Cy Young

There's definitely something more to this than the tweet itself, because there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just can't believe he thought Twitter was a good idea in the first place, unless he likes reading about people bashing him constantly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brian-c...045404157.html

Cashman didn't seem to have a problem when Granderson and Teixeira did the same thing. Unless we don't have the whole story (which is a possibility), this is a very bizarre and unwarranted reaction to a completely harmless A-Rod tweet. It's not like he said, "Look out David Adams! You only have a job for three more weeks!" He probably didn't even write the tweet himself!

If the Yankees didn't want any talk of A-Rod's rehab getting out, why do we get footage from his workouts? Why do we get any reports about it whatsoever? Everyone knew he was getting close to playing again before he tweeted. I find it difficult to believe that ANYONE could be on Cashman's side in this.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post

Cashman didn't seem to have a problem when Granderson and Teixeira did the same thing. Unless we don't have the whole story (which is a possibility), this is a very bizarre and unwarranted reaction to a completely harmless A-Rod tweet. It's not like he said, "Look out David Adams! You only have a job for three more weeks!" He probably didn't even write the tweet himself!

If the Yankees didn't want any talk of A-Rod's rehab getting out, why do we get footage from his workouts? Why do we get any reports about it whatsoever? Everyone knew he was getting close to playing again before he tweeted. I find it difficult to believe that ANYONE could be on Cashman's side in this.
    It's funny, I was listening to the FAN this morning and they brought up this exact issue.
    What Alex said was not offensive, or crazy, or in any way destructive or distracting. By itself, his tweet in no way deserves the response that Cash gave it.
    But you have to assume there is a lot more to it. A lot of that we already know, Alex carries 10 pounds of baggage for every pound of body weight. So I suspect it is likely that Cash blew up at the whole Alex saga of the past few years, or that there is something else going on we all do not know.

Either way, it is tough to defend Alex for anything at this point. I may be wrong, but I will assume Alex deserves this response.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

I can bet you ownership and upper management is. As to the fanbase, who knows, frankly I don't give a damn either way.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    It's funny, I was listening to the FAN this morning and they brought up this exact issue.
    What Alex said was not offensive, or crazy, or in any way destructive or distracting. By itself, his tweet in no way deserves the response that Cash gave it.
    But you have to assume there is a lot more to it. A lot of that we already know, Alex carries 10 pounds of baggage for every pound of body weight. So I suspect it is likely that Cash blew up at the whole Alex saga of the past few years, or that there is something else going on we all do not know.

Either way, it is tough to defend Alex for anything at this point. I may be wrong, but I will assume Alex deserves this response.
    As of right now (admittedly without knowing the whole story), Cashman's reaction to this is more embarrassing than anything A-Rod has done in his career as a Yankee.

As of right now (admittedly without knowing the whole story), Cashman's reaction to this is more embarrassing than anything A-Rod has done in his career as a Yankee.
    How is it embarrassing?

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Do I think A-Rod should be posting that a doctor cleared him to play games? No that kind of announcement always and should come from the team. Saying what he did that day or saying things are progressing, fine. And Brian Cashman has to be a bit more professional in how he handles things. Hearing the GM using the f word in an interview is ridiculous. This is a story of two men being wrong.

Addicted Member

Maybe I'm not seeing a big-picture thing here or something, but can someone explain to me how A-Rod tweeting that his doctor has cleared him for baseball activities is detrimental to the Yankees in any way?
    The doctor who did the surgery and is monitoring his rehab does not determine when Rodriguez is cleared to begin playing rehab games; the team doctor makes that decision. And to date, he has not been cleared, regardless of what Rodriguez "tweets".

Today's NY Post:

Since Sunday night, when Rodriguez’s team first floated the idea that he was going to play for Single-A Tampa on July 1, Cashman has been consistent in saying he had not been cleared to play by team doctors and therefore no date had been set for Rodriguez’s return to game action.

Instead, the third baseman continued to only be set for simulated at-bats, batting practice, as well as running and fielding drills at the team’s minor league complex.

Before last night’s dramatic 4-3 win over the Rangers in The Bronx, manager Joe Girardi talked about where Rodriguez was in his rehab.

“He is in [simulated at-bats] until they decide he is ready to go,” he said. “As soon as he is, we will let you know. He is not ready to do that, but he is making progress.’’

In my opinion, with his ill advised tweet, Rodriguez either willingly or unwittingly, has given ammunition to the insurance companies who may at some point argue his ability to be able to continue playing professional baseball.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I didn't see where anywhere in the tweet Alex was making any decisions only that a doctor cleared him to play. Now should he have even tweeted that (like Tex and Granderson also did but of course they weren't told to "shut the F up") no all three shouldn't have.

I don't see how Al's tweet would affect any future dealings w/ an insurance company. It seems like barring any big setbacks, he'll be ready shortly to resume playing. It's a matter of medical record- I'm sure his MD has noted his condition carefully in his charts.

I don't see how his tweets have an effect on anything

PS

Cashman got weird over the Kevin Long statement about Tex also- another thing that should have been handled privately
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

ARod always draws hyperbolic statements from both sides on this board but this might take the cake. Have you not followed the ARod created S storms for the last 10 seasons?
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Do I think A-Rod should be posting that a doctor cleared him to play games? No that kind of announcement always and should come from the team. Saying what he did that day or saying things are progressing, fine. And Brian Cashman has to be a bit more professional in how he handles things. Hearing the GM using the f word in an interview is ridiculous. This is a story of two men being wrong.
    I'm not sure it was a bona fide "interview". Maybe ESPN NY called Cashman and repeated what was posted on the Rodriguez tweet and asked for a comment. Cashman may have been caught off guard and then blurted out, "You know what, when the Yankees want to announce something, [we will]. Alex should just shut the f--k up. That’s it. I’m going to call Alex now.”

And then he hung up.

Just guessing here but it wasn't like he was addressing the media at a presser.

Cashman is A-rods boss. He is the one to say to the press when he can or can not begin rehabbing. Just go away A-rod & STFU.

Has anybody heard the actual audio with Cashman speaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    How is it embarrassing?
    Because our General Manager is acting like a 16 year old NYYFans.com poster. Why didn't he have a problem with Tex or Granderson tweeting basically the same exact thing? It's embarrassing that even the heads of the Yankees are starting to blame A-Rod for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacon View Post
    ARod always draws hyperbolic statements from both sides on this board but this might take the cake. Have you not followed the ARod created S storms for the last 10 seasons?
    Like when he kisses a mirror? This is exactly why A-Rod is perceived to be this enormous distraction... every single thing he does (even tweeting) is given way more attention than it deserves. How about the S storm when he hit 50 HRs? How about the S storm when he won the Yankees a World Series? That's what I focus on.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    What are you going to do about it?
    Is this a threat, or are you pulling some sort of tough guy thing? I'm a 56yr old man that's talking about Baseball, and you're calling me out?? What a joke!! So what's next tough guy?

Getting back to this story that's what it is now a story, like everything else this man does it's over the top. it's BS, he's hurting the Yankees..

I've said all I can in Alex's behalf, this is beating a dead horse, most of you want to believe everything you hear and there's no changing your minds, it's a shame that Cashman has declared war on A-rod and is fueling the hatred that's in this thread...

Believe me no one at this level is getting away with fraud, they know every move he makes.. Investigators and media follow his every move, and it's become obvious that the Yankees and MLB are joining together with media help to try for some reason to destroy Alex and what's left of his Baseball career..

I would like to see arod gone as much as anyone but Brian Cashman was wrong. You don't cuss a player publicly.

Because our General Manager is acting like a 16 year old NYYFans.com poster. Why didn't he have a problem with Tex or Granderson tweeting basically the same exact thing? It's embarrassing that even the heads of the Yankees are starting to blame A-Rod for everything.
    Read the following article. What Cashman said yesterday was probably endorsed by ownership.

http://www.northjersey.com/columnist...tml?c=y&page=1

Like when he kisses a mirror? This is exactly why A-Rod is perceived to be this enormous distraction... every single thing he does (even tweeting) is given way more attention than it deserves. How about the S storm when he hit 50 HRs? How about the S storm when he won the Yankees a World Series? That's what I focus on.
    Maybe just MAYBE ARod was told not to talk about his rehab. He also has done more then "kiss a mirror". Admitting to steroid use is one thing. Getting caught up in Biogenesis another. Bringing his loser cousin back into the clubhouse AFTER the steroid use. Getting hooked up with a doctor who has been charged with providing and smuggling PED's etc.

Thread Information