+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 151 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3766
  1. #3151
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    OR it could mean that people would rather watch the games on TV instead of paying the obnoxious ticket prices at the gate. Not everyone uses or trusts stubhub.
    YES TV ratings down 38% this year from last season

  2. #3152
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    yeah, if he came out, looked into the camera and said he didn't do it and that this is ridiculous and he was framed, then I'd start to think, "well...maybe he's the victim here."

    If somebody framed me and it might end up costing me 100 games, $15mm and my reputation, I'd go straight to the public right away, second only after going to the authorities.

    Come on, man. Do you honestly in your heart of hearts think that ARod has absolutely nothing to do with that clinic and stopped using PEDs in 2003 (or whatever time frame he gave, saying it was only in Texas?) And do you further believe that somebody actually faked documents for some unknown vendetta against ARod?

    I mean, really. Do you TRULY believe that or are you just arguing due process as if this was a court of law?
    If he came out on Thursday, June 6 and said he was clean people wouldn't believe it was Thursday or even June.

  3. #3153
    Forum Regular
    playa888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sydney Australia

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    This should be called 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Enhancing Thread

  4. #3154

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    If he came out on Thursday, June 6 and said he was clean people wouldn't believe it was Thursday or even June.
    Seems like there's a fair number of people on the board who would.

  5. #3155

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    I call BS on the reps vs. personal speaker. Cano's speaking through reps too after initial denial, essentially what ARod is doing, does that make him guilty too?

    There is a reason lawyers tell their clients, innocent or guilty, to say nothing.

  6. #3156
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    I will admit that this years Yanks were very exciting and they were fun to watch, but as these mid-late 30's players got a month or so into it things started to unravel, a shoulder here, a bad back there, other guys overweight... How quickly things have changed, is the hate starting to come out yet? After all the Yankees paid these guys to perform!

    I guess it just sucks to get old, because body parts start to break down and someone that truly loves the game might be tempted to take something that could help you heal faster, or give you a little more energy...

    I guess I'm trying to understand why so many of us Yankee fans hate Alex, there are so many examples I could use... We aren't any different because if our jobs were on the line, or if we weren't satisfying our women we would probably take something that would help us perform. I can't hate any player for trying to play better or trying to satisfy their fans..

    I think that Alex doesn't care about breaking the home run record, I think he's hurt and that that's the reason we hate him, I think we hate him because we know it hurts him and that the Yankee brass is leading us in that direction... Well I for one miss Alex and what he brings to the team... I think that Cano misses him along with the rest of the team.. And last I believe that the Yankees are much harder to watch without him!!

    Why do we care so much about his personal life, right about now the Yankees could use A-rod & Jeter both on the field...

  7. #3157
    Senior Member
    EvilEmpireDC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Drexel Univ.

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    I personally just hate the awful contract and his lack of meaningful production in regards to said contract in the last few years...or maybe that's just me
    Reppin the Pinstripes in DC (thanks grandpa)/Hail to the Redskins/Rock the Red (Go Caps)/Joakim Noah = 2013 DPOY

  8. #3158

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    ARod, with injuries and all, still ranks No. 9 in WAR on Fangraphs since 2010.

    Even the shell of ARod is a well above average 3B, someone we rather desperately need now.

  9. #3159
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Alex, all is forgiven if you can come back healthy and productive, and above all soon. We even promise to start a "2013 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread" for you!

  10. #3160
    Released Outright YogiKnows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The state whose symbol is...a pile of rubble

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Alex, all is forgiven if you can come back healthy and productive, and above all soon. We even promise to start a "2013 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread" for you!
    So, you're at Bargaining, many of us are stuck in the Anger stage...

  11. #3161
    NYYF MVP

    HerbieLee20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Kingdom of Back

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    ... and some may even be immune by now
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

    Price is Right

  12. #3162
    Devoted Member
    Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Dear Alex-

    If you are stupid enough to deal with these people, you need to retire yesterday-

    http://www.villagevoice.com/2013-06-...s-in-baseball/
    pitching, pitching and pitching

  13. #3163

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    If I ever needed a red herring, ARod's name sure is convenient.

  14. #3164

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    I will admit that this years Yanks were very exciting and they were fun to watch, but as these mid-late 30's players got a month or so into it things started to unravel, a shoulder here, a bad back there, other guys overweight... How quickly things have changed, is the hate starting to come out yet? After all the Yankees paid these guys to perform!

    I guess it just sucks to get old, because body parts start to break down and someone that truly loves the game might be tempted to take something that could help you heal faster, or give you a little more energy...

    I guess I'm trying to understand why so many of us Yankee fans hate Alex, there are so many examples I could use... We aren't any different because if our jobs were on the line, or if we weren't satisfying our women we would probably take something that would help us perform. I can't hate any player for trying to play better or trying to satisfy their fans..

    I think that Alex doesn't care about breaking the home run record, I think he's hurt and that that's the reason we hate him, I think we hate him because we know it hurts him and that the Yankee brass is leading us in that direction... Well I for one miss Alex and what he brings to the team... I think that Cano misses him along with the rest of the team.. And last I believe that the Yankees are much harder to watch without him!!

    Why do we care so much about his personal life, right about now the Yankees could use A-rod & Jeter both on the field...
    I could care less about ARods personal life and even less about how many women he satisfies...... I do care about all the drama he brings and all the embarrassment he has caused this team. If Arod makes it.... that's if he doesn't get suspended 1st, the only thing I care about his him doing his job and producing runs on the field.

  15. #3165
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    I could care less about ARods personal life and even less about how many women he satisfies...... I do care about all the drama he brings and all the embarrassment he has caused this team. If Arod makes it.... that's if he doesn't get suspended 1st, the only thing I care about his him doing his job and producing runs on the field.
    It's people like you that make telling the truth a stupid thing to do, foolish Alex thought he was doing the right thing...
    I guess all was well until his hips gave out... Tell me, what about the 12million that the Yanks threw away on Youkilis, because it's all about the money and what we can't buy. I guess 12million don't buy much these days, and this loss will just get swept under the rug!

    It was Alex that made the mistake of being honest, also the yankees don't need Alex to be embarrassed, even though we could use the press.. It's a little easier to do his job and produce runs without two bad hips, but that I suppose he had control over.. Or maybe that had nothing to do with his decline.??

  16. #3166
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    It's people like you that make telling the truth a stupid thing to do, foolish Alex thought he was doing the right thing...
    I guess all was well until his hips gave out... Tell me, what about the 12million that the Yanks threw away on Youkilis, because it's all about the money and what we can't buy. I guess 12million don't buy much these days, and this loss will just get swept under the rug!

    It was Alex that made the mistake of being honest, also the yankees don't need Alex to be embarrassed, even though we could use the press.. It's a little easier to do his job and produce runs without two bad hips, but that I suppose he had control over.. Or maybe that had nothing to do with his decline.??
    When and what was Alex honest about?

  17. #3167

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    When and what was Alex honest about?
    I'm wondering that too.

  18. #3168

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    Tell me, what about the 12million that the Yanks threw away on Youkilis, because it's all about the money and what we can't buy. I guess 12million don't buy much these days, and this loss will just get swept under the rug!
    It was a bad investment, and I think most here are critical of the team for making it. What's your point?

  19. #3169
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    When and what was Alex honest about?
    Let me ask most of you this question, what has Alex been torched for over and over?? I'll spell it out, he admitted to doing PED's while in Texas!

    My point for Mr. Mxylsplk is he didn't have to admit to anything, we all know that the Yankees seen dollar signs so they made what turned out to be a bad deal.. My point again is that none of that had anything to do with roids, why can't the A-rod haters admit that after his hip injuries and lack of production, that only then did the demonizing begin...

    Some of you make it sound like the Yankees struck out and only lost when it came to Alex, Alex has made plenty of money for our team.. The Yankees have made more bad deals then we care to remember that have nothing to do with A-rod..

    I guess none of you find it disturbing that either MLB or the Yankee front office are dealing with blackmailers and are going all out to the bitter extreme, all this again to find or dig up something, anything to hurt Alex.. I've never in my entire life of watching sports seen anything like this, the depth that Yankees have stooped to, to blackball and shame this injured player all to try and weasel their way out of his contract...

    To me, as if that's not bad enough, it seems like millions of fans have turned on Alex, a player that gave us his all, someone that truly wanted and loved being a Yankee.. It wouldn't look right to hate him for wearing his hips out, so we reach back to when he tried to be honest and that's what we use, that and when he opted out.. I guess we forget why he did that, also that it was business..

    We magnify everything this man does from yelling ha to slipping a young lady a note, I'm just sick of it, we keep using the one and only thing we got that should have never came out... That's my point!!

    I've grown to like Alex since being a Yank, and I very much liked the way he played, from his battles at the plate late in games, to his long home runs.. He isn't perfect by any means, but to dislike him and team up against him and magnify everything to this extreme is to be unfair... In my opinion!!

  20. #3170

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    Let me ask most of you this question, what has Alex been torched for over and over?? I'll spell it out, he admitted to doing PED's while in Texas! My point for Mr. Mxylsplk is he didn't have to admit to anything,
    Well, he admitted to doing PED's only after his positive test results were leaked. Prior to that he very publicly denied having ever used PED's. That's pretty far from being honest.


    My point again is that none of that had anything to do with roids, why can't the A-rod haters admit that after his hip injuries and lack of production, that only then did the demonizing begin...
    I don't think this is really true. Obviously the negativity towards A-Rod intensified last year, but he was a punching bag for a lot of fans going all the way back to when he performed so poorly in the 2005 and 2006 playoffs. Him being a lightning rod for fan's frustrations goes back well before the hip problems.


    I guess none of you find it disturbing that either MLB or the Yankee front office are dealing with blackmailers and are going all out to the bitter extreme, all this again to find or dig up something, anything to hurt Alex.. I've never in my entire life of watching sports seen anything like this, the depth that Yankees have stooped to, to blackball and shame this injured player all to try and weasel their way out of his contract...
    There are certainly issues with Bosch's credibility, and I think mlb will have difficulty getting suspensions as a result of that. But it would be negligent of mlb not to investigate allegations of PED use among its players. I don't know why you think this is some kind of "bitter extreme". If players are cheating they should be exposed and punished. And I can't imagine what you mean that you've never seen anything like this in your life. MLB's done this before, and presumably they'll do it again. [I'm also not sure what you think the yankee front office is doing, or why you seem to think A-Rod is being personally targetted - this is an mlb investigation, and involves many players].


    so we reach back to when he tried to be honest and that's what we use,
    Again, he was dishonest until evidence came out which exposed his lies.


    that and when he opted out.. I guess we forget why he did that, also that it was business..
    It was indeed business, and he did it in a way that hurt the team, forfeiting a material amount of money the Rangers would have had to pay if he'd negotiated an extension without opting out. There's no reason A-Rod shouldn't try to get the biggest contract he can, but it's certainly reasonable for fans to be annoyed that he did it in a manner which cost the team a big chunk of free money.

  21. #3171

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Jeter has had some pretty awful post season serieses too. He doesn't get hanged for any of that.

    Overall, ARod has been better. 2009 alone carrying the team on his back to the WS is more than Jeter has done in postseason in ARod's entire tenure in pinstripes.

    Reality is people just don't like ARod because of his personality. I believe in letting a man's actions speak for him. By that standards, ARod, though not perfect, is no more flawed than every other baseball player that denied PED use to the last second possible.

    The contract thing is just moronic. I happen to believe Scott Boras did the WS announcement thing without ARod's consent (it cost Boras a ton of money). Even if not true, nobody here knows what you or I would do for a hundred million + dollars. For my part, pretty sure my girlfriend would grill me alive if I passed on that kind of money for a feel good headline.

    The whole Bosch thing is moronic on MLB's part. The only correct play was to punt the ball to the Feds with a statement "This is currently a law enforcement matter. MLB will proceed with its own investigation and cooperate and deal out sanctions as the evidence warrants." Buying evidence and promising to protect the biggest scumbag in the whole scandal only taint the process and make it harder for federal prosecutors to proceed, which in turn makes it harder for MLB to actually suspend someone.

  22. #3172
    Addicted Member
    LongtimeNYYFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Parts Unknown

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    According to reports, Rodriguez has been cleared for game action beginning next week. Cashman said he will begin with play in Tampa and then move through Trenton and Scranton.

    Cashman said Rodriguez will probably need about 20 games and take 50-75 AB's which is typical of a position player returning from rehab.

    So that would put him back with the team shortly after the ASG.


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2X9Mq8tx0

  23. #3173

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Let him rehab at MLB. Can't be worse than the .228/.289/.308 and .197/.302/.373 we're currently putting up at 3B and DH.

  24. #3174
    Addicted Member
    LongtimeNYYFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Parts Unknown

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    Let him rehab at MLB. Can't be worse than the .228/.289/.308 and .197/.302/.373 we're currently putting up at 3B and DH.
    They probably want to see if anything breaks. So if something is going to break, let it happen away from YS.

  25. #3175
    NYYF Triple Crown

    apalradio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    Jeter has had some pretty awful post season serieses too. He doesn't get hanged for any of that.

    Overall, ARod has been better. 2009 alone carrying the team on his back to the WS is more than Jeter has done in postseason in ARod's entire tenure in pinstripes.

    Reality is people just don't like ARod because of his personality. I believe in letting a man's actions speak for him. By that standards, ARod, though not perfect, is no more flawed than every other baseball player that denied PED use to the last second possible.

    The contract thing is just moronic. I happen to believe Scott Boras did the WS announcement thing without ARod's consent (it cost Boras a ton of money). Even if not true, nobody here knows what you or I would do for a hundred million + dollars. For my part, pretty sure my girlfriend would grill me alive if I passed on that kind of money for a feel good headline.

    The whole Bosch thing is moronic on MLB's part. The only correct play was to punt the ball to the Feds with a statement "This is currently a law enforcement matter. MLB will proceed with its own investigation and cooperate and deal out sanctions as the evidence warrants." Buying evidence and promising to protect the biggest scumbag in the whole scandal only taint the process and make it harder for federal prosecutors to proceed, which in turn makes it harder for MLB to actually suspend someone.
    I'm not here to simply bash ARod, but I'm not sure comparing his post season record with Jeter's is the best way to go. Jeter's post season BA is about 45 points higher, and in his last four post season series since '10, ARod has gone 9 for 75. That's a slump of almost Wells-ian proportions, and comes from our heart of the order superstar compared with a top of the order table setter.

    I realize that ARod is a lightning rod for for fan anger, distaste, even hatred. He does not get much credit for his positive accomplishments in pinstripes. Personally, I always respected his moving to third at the peak of his apparent HOF-bound career in order to fit into this lineup, which he also doesn't get credit for. Today, however, I have to admit that I'm just as tired of his act as anyone. The point isn't so much whether or not he's more flawed than other players who have denied PED use until the last possible second. He could have been classier than those players. He could have been more honest than those players. He could have been more remorseful and even more respectful to the game and his teammates than those guys. Unfortunately, he hasn't really been any of those things.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts