+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 151 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3766
  1. #2976
    NYYF MVP

    HerbieLee20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Kingdom of Back

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I actually went back and read all that crap.

    After the intensity since Monday, verrrrry much appreciating the (verrry much needed) comedic tones of this thread.
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

  2. #2977

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    he's not even a pedo. probably just a silly but harmless reddit guy
    Reddit? You mean that website that trafficked in child pornography?

  3. #2978

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface View Post
    Reddit? You mean that website that trafficked in child pornography?
    i don't know. they have that reputation. i assume it's just for making inappropriate jokes about that subject.
    always reasonable

  4. #2979

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    i don't know. they have that reputation. i assume it's just for making inappropriate jokes about that subject.
    You assume wrong.

  5. #2980
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    15 minutes older with nothing to show for it.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  6. #2981
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    I can't believe what I'm seeing, our NYY's are falling apart I mean they're dropping like flies.. I really hope that we get a strong and healthy Alex back when he's ready, I pray that he's finished paying with injuries...

    Because we really could use a strong right hand bat, the way I see it is he's being hated for being hurt, to be honest I've never seen anything like this before. We are blaming one player for all the financial problems that the multi million dollar Yankees have, when Alex was putting up big numbers hitting, fielding and running the bases the stadium was packed...

    So yes I pray that we get Alex, Derek and Mark all back, Oh Curtis and Youk too.. But more then anything I'd like to see us fans support Alex if he makes it back, he gave us his all and played hard and above all he loves being a Yankee.. I'm sure if he's bad enough he'll hang it up, still it would be nice to see the fans that once cheered for Alex at least give him a chance...

  7. #2982

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post

    Because we really could use a strong right hand bat, the way I see it is he's being hated for being hurt, to be honest I've never seen anything like this before. We are blaming one player for all the financial problems that the multi million dollar Yankees have, when Alex was putting up big numbers hitting, fielding and running the bases the stadium was packed...
    Well people hate him because he's embarrassed the organization over and over again as he continues to cost the team the equivalent of two all-star caliber players while not playing. But yes, we could use the right handed bat.

  8. #2983

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    It's comical that anyone would want this guy back for the sake of the team/for offense. First of all, I seriously doubt he'd be over replacement level at this point. And secondly, come on, some things are worth taking a stand for: I'd rather sacrifice any additional offense (which, like I said, is probably marginal at this point anyway) for the sake of having this guy off the team forever. You've got to draw the line somewhere.

    I love that he's posting photos on his Twitter (Facebook, whatever...) of his Yankee gear and glove, implying that we should all get excited for his return. Please. We don't ever want to see you again.

  9. #2984

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Yanks View Post
    It's comical that anyone would want this guy back for the sake of the team/for offense. First of all, I seriously doubt he'd be over replacement level at this point. And secondly, come on, some things are worth taking a stand for: I'd rather sacrifice any additional offense (which, like I said, is probably marginal at this point anyway) for the sake of having this guy off the team forever. You've got to draw the line somewhere.

    I love that he's posting photos on his Twitter (Facebook, whatever...) of his Yankee gear and glove, implying that we should all get excited for his return. Please. We don't ever want to see you again.
    What exactly are you taking a 'stand' against?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  10. #2985
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Yanks View Post
    It's comical that anyone would want this guy back for the sake of the team/for offense. First of all, I seriously doubt he'd be over replacement level at this point. And secondly, come on, some things are worth taking a stand for: I'd rather sacrifice any additional offense (which, like I said, is probably marginal at this point anyway) for the sake of having this guy off the team forever. You've got to draw the line somewhere.

    I love that he's posting photos on his Twitter (Facebook, whatever...) of his Yankee gear and glove, implying that we should all get excited for his return. Please. We don't ever want to see you again.

    If we are stuck paying him $114 million over the next 5 years, I darn well want him back on the field producing. And if you have a way (other than cutting him and paying him the value of his contract which would do us no good) to get him off the team I would love to hear it.

  11. #2986

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    I'm saying that I'd rather the Yanks just eat the contract than watch this guy ever on the field again. Honestly. He's loathsome on every level.

  12. #2987

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Yanks View Post
    I'm saying that I'd rather the Yanks just eat the contract than watch this guy ever on the field again. Honestly. He's loathsome on every level.
    That's just not smart. Last year on a bad hip he had his worst season in terms of OPS+. It was 113.

    So far this season Youkilis has a 108 OPS+ and Nix has a 51.

    I'm glad you're not the grand poobah decision maker for the Yankees.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  13. #2988
    NYYF MVP

    NoodleRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earth

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    I'm just totally amazed by the hatred, so he likes women and gambling well so did Ruth and Mantle... As far as the money's concerned I'm sure no other player would have taken it, just like I'm sure he's taken this team to the cleaners, what a joke..

    He's in no way stopping this team from doing anything, they are rich beyond belief they could have purchased any player they wanted they just would've had to deal with the big tax.. I believe they did the right thing, and as I've said I pray that Alex comes back strong and I don't care what he does with his free time... As long as he don't kill, as a matter of fact I like him more because he's not a goody two shoes, I still for the life of me don't understand the hate!!!

  14. #2989

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I'm glad you're not the grand poobah decision maker for the Yankees.
    I'd rather sacrifice a few wins than ever see this disgrace in pinstripes again.

    "NoodleRay," I'm pretty sure that his gambling and love for women have very little to do with the criticisms of him. I, for one, couldn't care less about his gambling and womanizing. What a strawman argument.

    The bottom line is that this guy has always had his apologists since day one and always will, for whatever reason (why I have no idea). Remember when it was all the rage to disparage Jeter in order to elevate A-Rod's status? What a joke. I guess people like to prove that they're all about the nitty gritty stats above anything else. I get it. Personally, I hope to never see this loser in a Yanks uniform again. If he had any dignity, he'd just slink away and never show his face again. But as we know, this guy is truly classless and a loser. How many more weeks until his next steroid scandal?

    Have fun, everyone, with pretending to still like A-Rod.

  15. #2990

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Yanks View Post
    I'd rather sacrifice a few wins than ever see this disgrace in pinstripes again.

    "NoodleRay," I'm pretty sure that his gambling and love for women have very little to do with the criticisms of him. I, for one, couldn't care less about his gambling and womanizing. What a strawman argument.

    The bottom line is that this guy has always had his apologists since day one and always will, for whatever reason (why I have no idea). Remember when it was all the rage to disparage Jeter in order to elevate A-Rod's status? What a joke. I guess people like to prove that they're all about the nitty gritty stats above anything else. I get it. Personally, I hope to never see this loser in a Yanks uniform again. If he had any dignity, he'd just slink away and never show his face again. But as we know, this guy is truly classless and a loser. How many more weeks until his next steroid scandal?

    Have fun, everyone, with pretending to still like A-Rod.
    I don't consider myself an A-Rod apologist because I don't see any need to apologize for him. He's a baseball player who plays for the team I root for. He's won two MVPs and carried the team through the playoffs in 2009. He hasn't brought me any grief. I really don't give sh1t one about what he does off the field. Steroids? He's hardly in exclusive company. Do you feel the same way about Pettitte and Giambi?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  16. #2991

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Yes, he finally performed well in the 2009 playoffs after years of choking. We could have bought multiple good players for the price of one overpriced, underperforming, albatross contracts superstar, but I digress..

    I'm not cool with what Pettitte and Giambi did but at least they didn't go back to using and get caught again. Such a joke. And they haven't caused numerous off-the-field distractions and embarrassments either.

    I guess this all boils down to the fact that I'm not content to just see players as faceless cogs in a wheel that are nothing more than their OPS, batting average, and whatever else. I like to actually personally connect to and LIKE my team. But that's just me. Some other people are cool with just rooting for statistics and celebrating when the statistics win out. Like I said, I get it. I'm not one of those people. I like the human element in baseball. And that human element dictates that I can dislike A-Rod in spite of any stats that you throw at me.

  17. #2992
    Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    India

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Yanks View Post
    I'd rather sacrifice a few wins than ever see this disgrace in pinstripes again.

    "NoodleRay," I'm pretty sure that his gambling and love for women have very little to do with the criticisms of him. I, for one, couldn't care less about his gambling and womanizing. What a strawman argument.

    The bottom line is that this guy has always had his apologists since day one and always will, for whatever reason (why I have no idea). Remember when it was all the rage to disparage Jeter in order to elevate A-Rod's status? What a joke. I guess people like to prove that they're all about the nitty gritty stats above anything else. I get it. Personally, I hope to never see this loser in a Yanks uniform again. If he had any dignity, he'd just slink away and never show his face again. But as we know, this guy is truly classless and a loser. How many more weeks until his next steroid scandal?

    Have fun, everyone, with pretending to still like A-Rod.
    You keep calling him a loser....how many rings have you won for the Yankees champ?

    Also, We DON'T know if this guy is truly classless or a loser because we DON'T hang out with him. Fans need to stop pretending like they know athletes personally.

    And as far as the next scandal....well the moment some tabloid runs out of stories to talk about....you would fit into their Target group perfectly!

    Quote Originally Posted by surge511 View Post
    Well people hate him because he's embarrassed the organization over and over again as he continues to cost the team the equivalent of two all-star caliber players while not playing. But yes, we could use the right handed bat.
    He didn't cost the team anything....the team hurt themselves. I highly doubt that your some beacon of virtue, where you would turn down a $300 Million contract.

    He carried the team in '09 and won a ring....way more than what many other players to play in pinstripes can claim. If your that sensitive, where you feel embarrassed with every passing scandal or rumour then maybe you should not support the Yankees. As a yankees fan you should know that fans of other teams will be gunning for you.

    All this A-Rod bashing is just flat out stupid. Some fans really need to relax and enjoy the game.
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

  18. #2993

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    A-Rod fans really can't stop defending their boy. Sorry guys and girls, not everyone is going to like him.

  19. #2994

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Yanks View Post
    Yes, he finally performed well in the 2009 playoffs after years of choking. We could have bought multiple good players for the price of one overpriced, underperforming, albatross contracts superstar, but I digress..

    I'm not cool with what Pettitte and Giambi did but at least they didn't go back to using and get caught again. Such a joke. And they haven't caused numerous off-the-field distractions and embarrassments either.

    I guess this all boils down to the fact that I'm not content to just see players as faceless cogs in a wheel that are nothing more than their OPS, batting average, and whatever else. I like to actually personally connect to and LIKE my team. But that's just me. Some other people are cool with just rooting for statistics and celebrating when the statistics win out. Like I said, I get it. I'm not one of those people. I like the human element in baseball. And that human element dictates that I can dislike A-Rod in spite of any stats that you throw at me.
    When people point to 2009 as somehow validation for ARod, it's like proving the point of how useless he's been in the post season.

    Fair or not, he was brought here to win and perform in October above all else. That's the deal when you join a team who won four rings in the previous nine seasons and who made the post season every year without you.

    Obviously, anybody can have a bad series or a bad postseason. And over nine years, it's completely understandable that they may have multiple bad post season series and postseasons. But when people point to ONE postseason out of eight, with at least six of the remainder being god-awful, as proof somehow of his value, it's beyond sad.

    I don't really understand why people have a hard time acknowledging that some otherwise great players have a difficult time mentally dealing with the post season. Some players it doesn't effect (Jeter, Pettitte), and some players it does (A-Rod...and maybe LeBron). so what? Doesn't mean they should go to jail or are bad players...it's just that everybody struggles with at least a ffew things and some struggle with performing up to their normal level in the postseason.

    Yes, it should be tempered by small sample size factors, but we can see with our own eyes when people suddenly become helpless at the plate in a fashion that isn't described by small sample sizes.

  20. #2995
    Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    India

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Yanks View Post
    A-Rod fans really can't stop defending their boy. Sorry guys and girls, not everyone is going to like him.
    Yea and you can't stop living in denial and realize that nobody is defending A-Rod.

    Nobody is asking you to love him or hate him...your reasons for doing so are just absurd like many other fans out there.

    Would be very entertaining to see someone like you come face to face with him.
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

  21. #2996

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    When people point to 2009 as somehow validation for ARod, it's like proving the point of how useless he's been in the post season.

    Fair or not, he was brought here to win and perform in October.

    Obviously, anybody can have a bad series or a bad postseason. And over nine years, it's completely understandable that they may have multiple bad post season series and postseasons. But when people point to ONE postseason out of eight, with at least six of the remainder being god-awful, as proof somehow of his value, it's beyond sad.

    I don't really understand why people have a hard time acknowledging that some otherwise great players have a difficult time mentally dealing with the post season. Some players it doesn't effect (Jeter, Pettitte), and some players it does (A-Rod...and maybe LeBron). so what? Doesn't mean they should go to jail or are bad players...it's just that everybody struggles with at least a ffew things and some struggle with performing up to their normal level in the postseason.

    Yes, it should be tempered by small sample size factors, but we can see with our own eyes when people suddenly become helpless at the plate in a fashion that isn't described by small sample sizes.
    Agree 100%. But you'll have to excuse the A-Rod apologists: they have nothing else to point to, so they endlessly squawk about "2009!!!!!!!!" and OPS because they know that he's underperformed (relative to his contracts) overall, embarrassed the team with too many scandals to count, and is a generally unlikable person. I feel bad for everyone who has to try oh so hard to convince themselves that they think this guy has been a worthwhile investment.

  22. #2997

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Yanks View Post
    Agree 100%. But you'll have to excuse the A-Rod apologists: they have nothing else to point to, so they endlessly squawk about "2009!!!!!!!!" and OPS because they know that he's underperformed (relative to his contracts) overall, embarrassed the team with too many scandals to count, and is a generally unlikable person. I feel bad for everyone who has to try oh so hard to convince themselves that they think this guy has been a worthwhile investment.
    Have to admit watching LeBron tonight...I can't help but wonder if last year for him will approximate what ARod did in 2009. Way too early to make that call, but he just becomes a different and lesser player at times that is hard to explain.

    both tremendous producers and would be sure HOF'ers (without Arod's peds) but sort of shrink at times in big spots. And I really don't think that's anything to do with SSS.

  23. #2998

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    In 8 years of playoffs, ARod outOPSed Jeter in 3 of them.

    By playoff series, ARod outOPSed Jeter in 7 out of 13.

    In 8 years of ARod's time here, ARod can legitimately claim to have carried the team to a championship. Jeter, none.

    The perception that ARod disappears in the playoffs is not totally unjustified but is still quite overblown.

    His numbers, even compared to Captain Clutch himself, are quite strong overall in the playoffs. Yes, the variance is higher but that's typical of power hitters and not unique to ARod.

  24. #2999

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    In 8 years of playoffs, ARod outOPSed Jeter in 3 of them.

    By playoff series, ARod outOPSed Jeter in 7 out of 13.

    The perception that ARod disappears in the playoffs is not totally unjustified but is still quite overblown.

    His numbers, even compared to Captain Clutch himself, are quite strong overall in the playoffs. Yes, the variance is higher but that's typical of power hitters and not unique to ARod.

    LBJ shrinks in big spots? He got a ring and he's carried the lolHeatles when Wade was more WAIDs they Dwayne. The man's grown and he without a question carries the Heat now.
    On a numbers basis, Arod's overall body of work in the postseason is not bad.

    If you watch the games, however, you'll see something quite different.

    Nobody disputes he was a beast in 2009 and he had a good first series in 04. But if you watch baseball at all, and I assume you do, you would see that he has to an indescribable degree been a non-presence for large chunks of playoff games. That matters...when it gets to the point that he's the last guy in the entire lineup that you want up there...that is not hate, that's a valid position.

    Joe Torre, a Hall of Fame manager, and Joe Girardi, a very solid manager, both either demoted or benched him in the postseason. Do you think they are just 'hatin' on Arod' or do you think they had valid reasons?

  25. #3000
    Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    India

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    On a numbers basis, Arod's overall body of work in the postseason is not bad.

    If you watch the games, however, you'll see something quite different.

    Nobody disputes he was a beast in 2009 and he had a good first series in 04. But if you watch baseball at all, and I assume you do, you would see that he has to an indescribable degree been a non-presence for large chunks of playoff games. That matters...when it gets to the point that he's the last guy in the entire lineup that you want up there...that is not hate, that's a valid position.

    Joe Torre, a Hall of Fame manager, and Joe Girardi, a very solid manager, both either demoted or benched him in the postseason. Do you think they are just 'hatin' on Arod' or do you think they had valid reasons?
    Hating him for his on field performance against hating him for his off field 'issues' are 2 vastly different things.
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts