+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 151 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3766

Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Look, I get it...

You lost the argument we were having, got called out on your BS by myself and others, and now feel the need to take some weak-ass shots at me in some misguided attempt to save face. I guess your reasoning is that if this back and forth goes on long enough, people will forget what you posted (kind of like you have a habit of doing).

Just walk away. You look foolish and I look foolish for following you down this path.
    okay mr. coffee, im in your corner so it's all good.

Daddio.

Don't worry-- I'm sure nobody has noticed that you have been running with an invented premise for two pages now.

I guess I should say my neighbor the farmer thinks you're a chicken f*cker and then run with it as if it makes my argument stronger or something.

You're not fooling anyone.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

Y1421 - you know I've become a fan of yours, but if you are having conversations with your wife about forumers in the A-Rod thread... Kind of flies in the face of the "I don't care" comments.

This is all A-Rod's fault dammit. You guys are good contributors here. Now kiss and make up (before flymick gets his camera).

you have bad taste in posters
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    you have bad taste in posters
    Says d32112345's BFF.

purple pony was a noble poster who made some mistakes
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    purple pony was a noble poster who made some mistakes
    Given that point of view, I hope you don't interact with children in any capacity.

he's not even a pedo. probably just a silly but harmless reddit guy
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan61 View Post
    Okay, I get your point, the guy is not a criminal. But he's not a virtuous guy who happens to be socially awkward, either. Yeah, he admitted the PED use, but only after lying *repeatedly* and only when it was about to be exposed by those Sports Illustrated writers and everyone would have known anyway. Yeah, he's never had a DUI, but he was caught cavorting around with strippers. A-Rod's not a Bryce Harper figure, who's immature and cocky and annoying, and sort of easy to dislike, but doesn't actually do anything wrong. A-Rod's a slimeball.

Anyway. I know this has all been said a million times, but there's a difference between rooting for someone to do well because he's on your team (I want him to come back healthy and hit .300, for sure), and actually liking him. People saying they dislike A-Rod is not necessarily the same thing as saying, "get rid of him, he's done."
    You know who else lied repeatedly about PED use and didn't come clean until pressed? Andy Pettitte.

And I call BS on calling someone's character into question for "cavorting" with strippers. Bigger BS for calling him a slimeball.

What makes it heart-wrenching is how little credibility her opinion carries based on her previous 'observations'.
    Yeah, I wouldn't say anything about daddy issues. But "fundamentally decent guy?"
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    This is all A-Rod's fault dammit.
    I swear I had nothing to do with it this time. I only stir things up when Cashman is the topic.

I can only imagine the heat A-Rod would get if he handed out signed souvenirs to his romantic conquests.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Y1421 - you know I've become a fan of yours, but if you are having conversations with your wife about forumers in the A-Rod thread... Kind of flies in the face of the "I don't care" comments.

This is all A-Rod's fault dammit. You guys are good contributors here. Now kiss and make up (before flymick gets his camera).
    Two different things. I sincerely don't care that others like to root for Arod...or at least it doesn't bother me. He is a Yankee, after all, and it's clearly a very unique event when Yankee fans can't figure out how to root for any player. Kevin freaking Youkilis is practically the most popular guy on the team in the early going this year it would seem, so it's pretty tough to get fans on your bad side once you wear the pinstripes.

I don't understand why those who root for ARod call it 'ridiculous' or whatever it is that some of us don't want him around any longer.

and yes, I showed my wife some of Mr. Coffee's comments. She actually wrote a paper on online personalities or whatever that opened my eyes. I never even knew what a 'troll' meant until about a year ago (and I'm not calling Mr. Coffee a troll, I'm just saying I didn't realize all the dynamics that come out in these things).

But, I will leave Mr. Coffee alone. I'm not going to pile on about his ARod fandom and all the apparent Daddy issues and whatever else.

Don't worry about me.

I can handle someone not agreeing with me without losing my sh!t or getting my wife to try and bail me out.

If you want to start up again I have no problem. This time try not to BS so much-- it's kind of a PITA to have to go back and copy posts to show you that you actually did say things you claim you didn't.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Off To Never Never Land Mr.Muhozi's Avatar

LeaveMrCoffeeAlone.jpg
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

NYYF Legend

and yes, I showed my wife some of Mr. Coffee's comments. She actually wrote a paper on online personalities or whatever that opened my eyes.
    Link? I'd be interested to read that one. (It would be truly perverse for a paper on online personalities not to be available, um, online.)

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

I blame ARod as well.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Don't worry about me.

I can handle someone not agreeing with me without losing my sh!t or getting my wife to try and bail me out.

If you want to start up again I have no problem. This time try not to BS so much-- it's kind of a PITA to have to go back and copy posts to show you that you actually did say things you claim you didn't.
    No, I'm not going to start up again with you. I think you've had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    No, I'm not going to start up again with you. I think you've had enough.
    I figured it was more your style to take a shot then run.

Did you run out of daddy issue material?

Waiting for your wife to get home from work?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

WHy stop all the fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    WHy stop all the fun?
    Because he doesn't have the ability to discuss A-rod rationally and he doesn't have the capacity to continue the daddy issue stuff without his wife around to talk him through.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    I can only imagine the heat A-Rod would get if he handed out signed souvenirs to his romantic conquests.
    It's one thing to just hand out signed souvenirs.

Now, placing said signed souvenir in a gift basket? That's class.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Because he doesn't have the ability to discuss A-rod rationally and he doesn't have the capacity to continue the daddy issue stuff without his wife around to talk him through.
    I see. This is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I see. This is unfortunate.
    It happens.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice