+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 151 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3766
  1. #2726
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    "Alex Rodriguez is taking his wildest swing yet in his fight against steroid allegations: The Yankees and MLB are conspiring to push him out of the game.

    Sources say the embattled Yankee star is “scared” that bigger forces are at work to try to discredit him and sink his career. Holed up in Miami, Rodriguez has been huddling with an army of lawyers and PR people as the performance-enhancing drug scandal enveloping him intensifies.

    “He’s scared, because he thinks this is so unbelievably false, and he’s wondering who could be behind this,” said a source, referring to last week’s Miami New Times report linking A-Rod to an alleged Miami-area performance-enhancing drug scandal. “He thinks something could be going on larger than anyone might think.”

    The source added that Rodriguez is wondering if the Yankees or even Major League Baseball are behind the latest controversy.
    "

    But yeah, it's silly to think the controversy will affect Al at all ...... if he's freaking out now, imagine when he has to take to the field and deal w/ hostile fans/FBI and MLB interrogation

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1255482
    Assuming that there is some truth to this, I wouldn't rule out that this could be a carefully crafted PR play... he's afraid, which must mean it's false... people are conspiring against him, so anything that isn't concrete evidence isn't credible... etc, etc.

  2. #2727
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Assuming that there is some truth to this, I wouldn't rule out that this could be a carefully crafted PR play... he's afraid, which must mean it's false... people are conspiring against him, so anything that isn't concrete evidence isn't credible... etc, etc.
    He's afraid because it's true would make more sense.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

  3. #2728
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    He's afraid because it's true would make more sense.
    Naturally. Just saying that kicking out this vibe that "it's so preposterous and untrue that I'm afraid there is a conspiracy against me" could be a proactive PR attempt to cast further doubt on current/future evidence that isn't cut and dry.

  4. #2729
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    northern California

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Naturally. Just saying that kicking out this vibe that "it's so preposterous and untrue that I'm afraid there is a conspiracy against me" could be a proactive PR attempt to cast further doubt on current/future evidence that isn't cut and dry.
    Could be.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

  5. #2730
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Naturally. Just saying that kicking out this vibe that "it's so preposterous and untrue that I'm afraid there is a conspiracy against me" could be a proactive PR attempt to cast further doubt on current/future evidence that isn't cut and dry.
    It's a c-o-n....spiracy


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwz9RAVou1U
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

  6. #2731
    NYYF Legend

    2JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Lexington Ky

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Day by day, it seems that the legacy of Arod becomes more tainted which is really a shame as he had the chance to be recognized, by his play on the field along with his stats, to be one of MLB greatest players. And now, he seems destined to the same heap that Clemens, Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro, etc....all reside and are going to be judged in.

  7. #2732

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Day by day, it seems that the legacy of Arod becomes more tainted which is really a shame as he had the chance to be recognized, by his play on the field along with his stats, to be one of MLB greatest players. And now, he seems destined to the same heap that Clemens, Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro, etc....all reside and are going to be judged in.
    He made his bed, now he must lay in it.
    [QUOTE=TheKillerB's]Bichette is going to be big, quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

  8. #2733

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kongull View Post
    He made his bed, now he must lay in it.
    This makes no sense. People dont lay in their bed after they just made it up.

  9. #2734

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    This makes no sense. People dont lay in their bed after they just made it up.
    Maybe it means he actually made his bed. Like built the frame and stuff.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  10. #2735
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Maybe it means he actually made his bed. Like built the frame and stuff.
    still then, he doesn't have to lay in it... he could return it to ikea
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  11. #2736
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Classic confusion of "lie" and "lay."
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  12. #2737

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    still then, he doesn't have to lay in it... he could return it to ikea
    Not tonight in New Haven. The Ikea is closed.

  13. #2738
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Not tonight in New Haven. The Ikea is closed.
    You'd think a Swedish company would be able to deal with a little snow.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  14. #2739

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Classic confusion of "lie" and "lay."
    The classic confusion of "lie" and "lay" was in 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' by the Eagles.

    "I like the way your sparkling earrings lay, against your skin so brown"...

    Uh, no fellas.

    Now they sing it as "I like the way your sparkling earrings sway..."

    But given it's on the record on the best selling album of all time in the US, it's sort of hard to erase...

  15. #2740

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    You'd think a Swedish company would be able to deal with a little snow.
    They've become soft Americans.

    I was putting together some Ikea crap once and I'll never forget the instructions "it's best if you are two people". That was deep.

  16. #2741
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Classic confusion of "lie" and "lay."
    I was thinking the addressee must be a chicken.

  17. #2742

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Andy came out with the truth and he seems to be forgiven. Follow Andy's lead.

  18. #2743
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by avstars View Post
    Andy came out with the truth and he seems to be forgiven. Follow Andy's lead.
    He did that already. If he does it again it's just not going to fly. He had his mulligan. Assuming these latest stories are true anyway.
    You can't get a sun-tan on the moon.

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  19. #2744
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    He did that already. If he does it again it's just not going to fly. He had his mulligan. Assuming these latest stories are true anyway.
    Precisely. And I could be wrong here, but Pettitte never publicly denied once the story broke, right? A-Rod denied it, then got cold busted, then admitted it but said he stopped a long time ago. He has now again denied it... admitting it now wouldn't be viewed as coming clean, and it wouldn't help him. He's screwed in the court of public opinion no matter what.

  20. #2745

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    According to Wikipedia, Andy admitted to using HGH for 2 days in 2002 soon after the Mitchell report. Quotes from then quite clearly indicated he was adamant he never used HGH on any other occasion.

    In 2008, he was forced to admit to more injections in 2004, of HGH obtained via prescription for his father's illness.

    So, at minimum, Andy lied once. But he's not A-Rod so nobody really cares.

  21. #2746
    The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    So, at minimum, Andy lied once. But he's not A-Rod so nobody really cares.
    This is a great point that maybe people fail to see.

    A-Rod, even before his PED admission, was already loathed amongst many a baseball fan, simply for being himself. The monster contract with Texas put a target on his back as far as fellow players and fans are concerned.

    its been downhill for him ever since as far as his image.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

  22. #2747
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    This is a great point that maybe people fail to see.

    A-Rod, even before his PED admission, was already loathed amongst many a baseball fan, simply for being himself. The monster contract with Texas put a target on his back as far as fellow players and fans are concerned.

    its been downhill for him ever since as far as his image.
    Also, it seems the Yankees and their fans are desperate to get out from under his contract. Maybe the rest of baseball would still hate him, but his own team's fans would be more forgiving if they felt he was going to earn his money for the next 5 years.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  23. #2748
    The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Also, it seems the Yankees and their fans are desperate to get out from under his contract. Maybe the rest of baseball would still hate him, but his own team's fans would be more forgiving if they felt he was going to earn his money for the next 5 years.
    I think the whole " highest paid player in baseball " was just an ugly spot to be in - and he was up there for a while, with the next contract coming in a distant second to his.

    Then, he did it again when he signed his new deal with Hankenstein.

    All the negativity surrounding his persona and his contract is now compounded by the fact that he cheated to attain all that wealth, so its bullshet on top of bullshet.

    ... and we all know people love to call bullshet out when they see it.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

  24. #2749

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    I don't think it's all contract related. Al often made it hard to like him

    Remember the comments about Jeter? He just comes across as arrogant and selfish ( remember that photo shoot of him kissing his image in the mirror? ) Remember the comments about " being up @ 6 am every morning workibg out " that I think Trot Nixon rightfully trashed

    Sure, it wouldn't get noticed if it wasn't Al making those comments- but still Al , a lot of the time, was his own worst enemy. He's been much more reserved with his comments recently, but the die was already cast
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  25. #2750
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    This is a great point that maybe people fail to see.

    A-Rod, even before his PED admission, was already loathed amongst many a baseball fan, simply for being himself. The monster contract with Texas put a target on his back as far as fellow players and fans are concerned.

    its been downhill for him ever since as far as his image.
    Andy did it to protect his dad or something. Andy had a lot of good will saved up.

    Arod did it for himself (as most of us do when we lie). And he was in a "good will debt" that makes Greece look like Apple's bank account.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts