+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 151 FirstFirst ... 45 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 105 145 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3766
  1. #2351
    NYYF MVP

    The Comic Book Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    he had a putrid June but his other months were good and his september was downright scary
    The throwing errors were a major problem too.

  2. #2352
    Member
    boomerdisciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    Somewhere, Selena Roberts is in a bathtub, rubbing her intimates
    I'm not sure which I would like to see voided more, A-Rod's contract or this post.
    The artist formerly known as BillBuckner.

  3. #2353
    NYYF Legend

    goin for 27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    It depends what is actually in his contract. They couldn't get rid of Giambi when they tried to because he had no morality clause. ESPN says A-Rod's contract does include a morality clause. The question is does it specifically mention PEDs. It would be logical that it did given his past admissions, but there's not a whole lot about that contract that's logical, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    I recall this came up last time, and it was said that there is nothing in ARod's contract about PED use.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

  4. #2354
    NYYF Legend

    goin for 27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Let's say the Yanks decide they are stuck. Can they take ARod off the DL early, (before fully healed) so he can start a 50 game suspension, or is that not allowed?

    Sounds like Yanks are fed up anyhow, and it sounds like he misses all of next season anyway.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

  5. #2355
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Equestria

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by boomerdisciple View Post
    I'm not sure which I would like to see voided more, A-Rod's contract or this post.
    You've gotta admit it was kinda hot.

  6. #2356
    Moderator Stick Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Folks, c'mon...

    Thanks.

  7. #2357
    Moderator Stick Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    I think this development will play out something like this: Deny. Deny. Deny. Circumstantial evidence is uncovered. More denying. More evidence mounts. A-Rod eventually 'comes clean'...again. Returns from injury a bit earlier than expected so he can serve a 50-game suspension. Joins the team around the start of September. Gets booed. The usual crap goes wash, rinse, repeat til his contract mercifully expires after 2016.

  8. #2358

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    I think this development will play out something like this: Deny. Deny. Deny. Circumstantial evidence is uncovered. More denying. More evidence mounts. A-Rod eventually 'comes clean'...again. Returns from injury a bit earlier than expected so he can serve a 50-game suspension. Joins the team around the start of September. Gets booed. The usual crap goes wash, rinse, repeat til his contract mercifully expires after 2016.
    A-rod's 50 game suspension, if one exists, will be served on the DL.

  9. #2359
    Moderator Stick Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface View Post
    A-rod's 50 game suspension, if one exists, will be served on the DL.
    Technically, he'd have to serve it once he returns from the DL, which is why I feel it's likely his rehabbing would be 'ahead of schedule'.

  10. #2360

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    Technically, he'd have to serve it once he returns from the DL, which is why I feel it's likely his rehabbing would be 'ahead of schedule'.
    No, technically, he would serve it on the DL. As many players have before him.

    Edit: Such as Freddy Galvis & Edinson Volquez

  11. #2361
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Equestria

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    Obviously if this latest thing is true I'll be incredibly disappointed, but ignorance is bliss and I had a very good time watching him play thinking he was PED-free (again, assuming this whole thing is true).
    It's just depressing to think that almost every single one of my childhood baseball heroes was a cheater. Literally every single one of those moments was tainted.

  12. #2362
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    It's just depressing to think that almost every single one of my childhood baseball heroes was a cheater. Literally every single one of those moments was tainted.
    I hold on to the hope that Mo and Jeter were clean. If it ever came out that one of or both of them used....my soul would be crushed.

  13. #2363

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    It's just depressing to think that almost every single one of my childhood baseball heroes was a cheater. Literally every single one of those moments was tainted.
    Why? I don't get this. Its not like he used an aluminum bat or cut across the diamond. He tried to get stronger. Something all athletes work towards. They all use protein shakes, advanced training, cutting edge this and that.

    It should all be legal.

    Edit: Baseball fans are really silly about PEDs

  14. #2364

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface View Post
    Why? I don't get this. Its not like he used an aluminum bat or cut across the diamond. He tried to get stronger. Something all athletes work towards. They all use protein shakes, advanced training, cutting edge this and that.

    It should all be legal.

    Edit: Baseball fans are really silly about PEDs
    Well...
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  15. #2365
    NYYF Legend

    goin for 27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface View Post
    No, technically, he would serve it on the DL. As many players have before him.

    Edit: Such as Freddy Galvis & Edinson Volquez
    Correct, I checked. That is a joke, but could help ARod if he can come back....

    http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,5698938.story

    I guess the only issue would be when they suspend. With others, it is right after they fail, or drop appeal. Here, MLB could....I guess....drag their feet on the investigation, and then ban him for 50 games later.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

  16. #2366
    Moderator Stick Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface View Post
    No, technically, he would serve it on the DL. As many players have before him.

    Edit: Such as Freddy Galvis & Edinson Volquez
    I stand corrected. Wow. That's a major loophole.

  17. #2367

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    I stand corrected. Wow. That's a major loophole.
    It isn't really a loophole. DL time is paid time off. The suspension turns it into unpaid time off. The point of it is the loss of pay.

  18. #2368
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Comic Book Guy View Post
    The throwing errors were a major problem too.
    Oh yeah. That was the E-Rod year wasn't it.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  19. #2369
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Well...
    I lolled
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  20. #2370
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    I'd imagine violating MLB rules is grounds for breaching the contract. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet the Yankees could void his contract, get sued and settle for pennies on the dollar. Okay, dimes on the dollar.

    I wonder how a $40M settlement would play out in the luxtax calculations.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  21. #2371

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    I'd imagine violating MLB rules is grounds for breaching the contract. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet the Yankees could void his contract, get sued and settle for pennies on the dollar. Okay, dimes on the dollar.

    I wonder how a $40M settlement would play out in the luxtax calculations.
    Not when the rules being broken are collectively bargained in terms of their punishment

  22. #2372
    Moderator Stick Michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface View Post
    Not when the rules being broken are collectively bargained in terms of their punishment
    Yep. The Yankees would risk major backlash - legally and financially, if the organization decided to void the remainder of Rodriguez's deal. If they did so and lost it would wind up costing Hal and Hank far more than the remainder Alex is due.

  23. #2373
    Addicted Member
    LongtimeNYYFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Parts Unknown

    Re: .

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yankees Working To Void Alex Rodriguez's Contract
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...-contract.html
    If he is disciplined for wrong doing the most he can get is a 50 game suspension. The Yankees are stuck with that contract.

  24. #2374
    Addicted Member
    1970cs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    The numbers would be much larger, but there is precedent.

    The Red Sox have severed ties with reliever Bobby Jenks, a free-agent bust who, after signing a two-year, $12 million contract, appeared in just 19 games for them.

    According to an industry source, the Sox agreed to pay $4.5 million of the $6 million the Sox owed him for the 2012 season. The deal had to be agreed upon by both the commissioner's office and the Players Association.
    http://www.csnne.com/baseball-boston...20&feedID=3352

  25. #2375
    NYYF HOF

    cupcollector99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West of the sheep farm.

    Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
    The numbers would be much larger, but there is precedent.


    http://www.csnne.com/baseball-boston...20&feedID=3352

    The key part of that is "The deal had to be agreed upon by both the commissioner's office..."
    For a man that has made it his mission in life to punish the Yankees, I don't see there being any light at the end of this tunnel involving the commissioner's office unless it's Alex that decides to retire.
    Beware the Bobcat!!!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts