+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 151 FirstFirst ... 30 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3766

Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman-of-TheBoard View Post
    Spoken like someone who has never played organized sports in his life. Flirting during the game -- you're okay with that? A player who is mired in a three-year postseason slump is trolling for poontang during a playoff game (while soaking up a gargantuan salary) and you're cool with this? Count me among the many Yankees fans who are thrilled that Hank isn't quite as naive as you. Roidriguez embodies everything that has gone terribly WRONG with this organization since the retirement of Paul O'Neill. And do your best not to be so amateurish as to compare the 2009 World Series-winning team with the less talented (and less paid) squads that captured the 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2000 Championships and then battled through the most inspiring (yet heartbreaking) postseason effort of my lifetime: 2001. Those teams had heart. Alex is unfortunately a cancer on this team, reminiscent of Sheffield and Rickey Henderson. Even you can't be that much of a "company man" that you don't see this... or maybe you are.

Oh, did you notice that the Yanks are supposedly listening to any offers for him? But, I'm sure that means they're just as ecstatic with his output and team chemistry contributions as you are, right?

i like how u simultaneously critique the individualism of the "gargantuan salary" AND also critique the group-minded "company man" position... all while touting the "workman" stereotypes of "less talented" and "less paid." it takes a lot of intelligence to manage that level of cognitive dissonance.
    like delv, but better

Trolling for poontang. Way to objectify women and degrade men at the same time.

If what ARod did was trolling for poontang, I am pretty sure just about every single straight single man between the age of 12 and 55 is trolling for poontang right now.

Guy's proud and just got pinch hit for the first time in more than 20 years. Cut him some slack that he needed some stress relief.

That said, he should have found a clubhouse attendant/usher to do the job for him. I am not even convinced the story is true to be honest. There are just so many better ways to go about it... lord knows ARod probably knows all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    That said, he should have found a clubhouse attendant/usher to do the job for him. I am not even convinced the story is true to be honest. There are just so many better ways to go about it... lord knows ARod probably knows all of them.
    If the story is true (not that i care either way), he actually did have a ball boy or bat boy do it for him.

NYYF Legend

From Girardi's final press conference of the season, earlier today:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...er-joe-girardi
    -- Girardi acknowledged that he might have to do some fence-mending with Alex Rodriguez after benching him in three of the Yankees last five postseason games, including two elimination games, but said he hadn't gotten around to doing that yet.

"Thatís still on the to-do list," Girardi said. "Iím always worried about whatever move I make, how it affects the club, how it affects a player, anything. I think it's something that sure, I possibly might have to deal with more than I expected, but I possibly might may not have to deal with it at all. As we move forward, Iíll get a temperature on it, keep track of it and see how itís going."

I can't believe people are OK with him hitting on girls in the stands during a playoff game.

It's indefensible. Period. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Shows Muscle View Post
    I can't believe people are OK with him hitting on girls in the stands during a playoff game.

Jeter
    Oneill
    Bernie
    Mo

All did the same. There is no proof, but everyone's flirted @ work.

/end typical arod excuse
    [QUOTE=TheKillerB's]Bichette is going to be big, quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

The fact that he was pinch-hit for in that game bothers me more than him hitting on girls in the stands.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    The fact that he was pinch-hit for in that game bothers me more than him hitting on girls in the stands.
    What bothers me most is that he appears to have struck out in both venues.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

girls replied and he smiled when he got the ball back.

I am guessing he got action that night.

It happens more then people think. A lot more. And yes, during post season games too.

it's actually really easy to defend: assuming it's true (which I guess we're all just doing), it had no effect on the game. I find it a lot harder to argue that this was an incident worthy of a punishment or any indignation.

Babe Ruth, as legend has it, used to run to a bar across Fenway between innings and when he wasn't scheduled up that inning for a shot of something or other.

I am not an ARod guy and think he's incredibly tone deaf and not too bright, but he was out of the game when this alleged incident happened and, really, had no role for the remainder of the evening.

If he had had a great series and the Yankees won, and it came to light that he flipped his phone number to a girl in the stands, it would all be laughed off.

Think what you will about whether Alex did or should have contacted the women, or about his public relations sensitivity, or for that matter about his "common sense," but know that he is considered one of the smartest guys playing baseball today, certainly the brightest guy on the current Yankee roster.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Babe Ruth, as legend has it, used to run to a bar across Fenway between innings and when he wasn't scheduled up that inning for a shot of something or other.

I am not an ARod guy and think he's incredibly tone deaf and not too bright, but he was out of the game when this alleged incident happened and, really, had no role for the remainder of the evening.

If he had had a great series and the Yankees won, and it came to light that he flipped his phone number to a girl in the stands, it would all be laughed off.
    Thomas Jefferson, as legend has it, fathered children with his slaves. Therefore, it's ok for our next president to a) have slaves b) father children out of wedlock.

Quote Originally Posted by kongull View Post
    Thomas Jefferson, as legend has it, fathered children with his slaves. Therefore, it's ok for our next president to a) have slaves b) father children out of wedlock.
    Yes, because those things are exactly the same as passing a note to someone while sitting on the bench during a baseball game.

Brilliant analogy.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Hahahahahaha. this post is about as responsible as fathering children out of wedlock. Why didn't you just go with a hitler story instead

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Why didn't you just go with a hitler story instead
    I think he already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Yes, because those things are exactly the same as passing a note to someone while sitting on the bench during a baseball game.

Brilliant analogy.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    I can see it being used as an example, in some terrible article, of how Alex is more at ease in the postseason now that he is not the star of the team.

maybe he just wanted to show them the centaur
    always reasonable

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post

Brilliant analogy.

I'd venture to guess that if Alex fathered children of some slaves his purchased in the dugout, there would be big problems.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post

I'd venture to guess that if Alex fathered children of some slaves his purchased in the dugout, there would be big problems.
    Jeter could pull it off though

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheJetRodriguez View Post
    Jeter could pull it off though
    That's racist. I think.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Uh...really?

A baseball player flipped his number to woman in the stands and we're somehow making the leap to the most disgraceful period in our nation's history to help set the context?

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman-of-TheBoard View Post
    Spoken like someone who has never played organized sports in his life. Flirting during the game -- you're okay with that? A player who is mired in a three-year postseason slump is trolling for poontang during a playoff game (while soaking up a gargantuan salary) and you're cool with this? Count me among the many Yankees fans who are thrilled that Hank isn't quite as naive as you. Roidriguez embodies everything that has gone terribly WRONG with this organization since the retirement of Paul O'Neill. And do your best not to be so amateurish as to compare the 2009 World Series-winning team with the less talented (and less paid) squads that captured the 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2000 Championships and then battled through the most inspiring (yet heartbreaking) postseason effort of my lifetime: 2001. Those teams had heart. Alex is unfortunately a cancer on this team, reminiscent of Sheffield and Rickey Henderson. Even you can't be that much of a "company man" that you don't see this... or maybe you are.

Oh, did you notice that the Yanks are supposedly listening to any offers for him? But, I'm sure that means they're just as ecstatic with his output and team chemistry contributions as you are, right?
    this may be the most annoying post I've ever read. You clearly have ZERO respect for or knowledge of the collective ability of the 90s championship Yankees or you would never call them less talented than the current team. You are the typical "every player I don't like is an unclutch cancer" Yankee fan, similar to the ones who hated Roger Maris and booed Tino Martinez because he wasn't Don Mattingly. Finally, every point you made about the other poster "never playing an organized sport" makes me think that you never have. You have no idea how teammates feel or felt about A-Rod, Sheffield, OR Henderson. For all you know your favorite player can be a dick that nobody likes, and the fact that you think anything you know from watching games is evidence otherwise is just ignorant. You have absolutely no way of quantifying chemistry yet you use it to make arguments against players you dislike. Go trade A-Rod from your all-star baseball 2013 video game so you don't have to bench him in favor of the Clay Bellinger character that you created to help your teams "chemistry". It will make the play by play that you do while you play much more enjoyable.

Thread Information