+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3766
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks4eva1 View Post
    The bottom of the article:

As Page Six revealed last year, Jeter also has used baseball memorabilia to win over the ladies.

After bedding a beauty, hed send her home alone with gift baskets of autographed memorabilia.
    Another example that A-Rod wants to follow the captain's step and learn how to be a true Yankee.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post

Another example that A-Rod wants to follow the captain's step and learn how to be a true Yankee.
    Jeter would do it at his NYC apt. A-rod during Playoff losses. One-up would have been a better choice than "follow".
    [QUOTE=TheKillerB's]Bichette is going to be big, quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

Three years ago we all watched one of the most dominant and clutch performances any player has ever had in October. His HR off of Nathan in the bottom of the 9th, his game tying HR against the Rangers in the 9th, and plenty of other big hits led the Yanks to a championship. They almost assuredly do not win in 2009 without Alex.

I say this not to excuse his recent struggles, or the fact that he's failed more often than succeeded in postseasons with the Yanks. I say this because Alex is not like Swisher in this regard. Swisher has shown that he absolutely shrinks from the pressure of October. Alex seems to compound his struggles by the added pressure, but he has shown the ability to perform at this time of year.

I have absolutely NO idea why I think he is about to have a good couple of games, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post
    Three years ago we all watched one of the most dominant and clutch performances any player has ever had in October. His HR off of Nathan in the bottom of the 9th, his game tying HR against the Rangers in the 9th, and plenty of other big hits led the Yanks to a championship. They almost assuredly do not win in 2009 without Alex.

I say this not to excuse his recent struggles, or the fact that he's failed more often than succeeded in postseasons with the Yanks. I say this because Alex is not like Swisher in this regard. Swisher has shown that he absolutely shrinks from the pressure of October. Alex seems to compound his struggles by the added pressure, but he has shown the ability to perform at this time of year.

I have absolutely NO idea why I think he is about to have a good couple of games, but I do.
    I think the whole team might play looser on the road.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I think the whole team might play looser on the road.
    Either that, or simply take out one "o"

Yeah, well, this is another small, yet prototypical, example that could be added to my list of contributing factors to the Yankees' fans general coldness towards ARod.

It's not that ARod is hitting on women. Baseball players, married or single or whatever, have been doing that for years and I don't think any of us really care. But Arod just has a knack for doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. Either he's completely tone deaf, doesn't care, or has some need for attention.

But this is exactly the kind of thing that just makes Yankee fans scratch their heads. You're in the middle of a playoff game. You are one of the most recognizable athletes in the country, no less Yankee Stadium, and you play games with two women in the stands during a tight playoff game.

By and large, I think athletes care a lot less about winning and losing than the hard core fans do. But isn't it kind of disrespectful to the fans paying hundreds of dollars to go to a game and the millions at home forcing themselves to stay awake, to sit there and pass balls back and forth to women in the stands while the game is going on?

I'm in awe of Jeter's off the field conquests...so make no mistake, I'm not a prude or a school marm. But isn't there a time and a place?

I'd let him hit on (just that, nothing else) my wife during a baseball game if he got a hit. I wouldn't care if it was Mar 31 or late October
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

A-Rod being pinch hit for in Game 1 bothers me more than this.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post

I think athletes care a lot less about winning and losing than the hard core fans do.
    Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but generally speaking you couldn't be more right, and frankly its not even close.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but generally speaking you couldn't be more right, and frankly its not even close.
    This is true, but it has to be. It's their job, it's our passion. We put aside our normal lives for a few hours to follow our team, while their lives are specific to the outcome and results of the sport.

Many of them play the sport because they are great at it, not because they love it.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I'd let him hit on (just that, nothing else) my wife during a baseball game if he got a hit. I wouldn't care if it was Mar 31 or late October
    Fair enough. But how would you feel if he hit on Tex?

acting friendly with some fans is now womanizing on the field. stay tuned for the next essay on why reasonable fans hate arod.
    always reasonable

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Yeah, well, this is another small, yet prototypical, example that could be added to my list of contributing factors to the Yankees' fans general coldness towards ARod.

It's not that ARod is hitting on women. Baseball players, married or single or whatever, have been doing that for years and I don't think any of us really care. But Arod just has a knack for doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. Either he's completely tone deaf, doesn't care, or has some need for attention.

But this is exactly the kind of thing that just makes Yankee fans scratch their heads. You're in the middle of a playoff game. You are one of the most recognizable athletes in the country, no less Yankee Stadium, and you play games with two women in the stands during a tight playoff game.

By and large, I think athletes care a lot less about winning and losing than the hard core fans do. But isn't it kind of disrespectful to the fans paying hundreds of dollars to go to a game and the millions at home forcing themselves to stay awake, to sit there and pass balls back and forth to women in the stands while the game is going on?

I'm in awe of Jeter's off the field conquests...so make no mistake, I'm not a prude or a school marm. But isn't there a time and a place?
    Agreed... Look none of us in here are naive. We know that from time immemorial athletes are playas and would screw a light bulb if it turned them on. But it's the optics on this that pisses me off. It's one thing if it's May 13th you're hitting .400 and are up 8-0 and this article comes out. We'd probably all laugh about it and say that Arod being Arod. It's entirely different to me when you are supposed to be the power in the lineup in a playoff game and you're being benched.. so that's the time to hit on 2 chicks in the stands?

You are spot on, YankeeFan. The athletes care a lot less about winning and losing than the fans do. Just like the Starbucks barista really could care less about your Cinnamon Dulce Latte Grande order, but they do a good job faking it. Arod can at least feign giving a damn for the fans sake.
    The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible."

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search." Prince

can't hate on alex for that. he's a single man and u know that's his type, slightly older looking blondes.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post

haha but what would u let tex do to ur wife?

It's an article citing an anonymous source.

For all we know it may not be true, but even if it is-- who knows if it was between innings, or before/after the game? What would it take-- 5 seconds to write a note and pass a ball up to her? You could do that in the time it takes a guy to go from the on-deck circle to the batter's box. Hell, you could do it between pitches. However, I'm pretty sure if he was doing it while they were playing, there would pics and video of it everywhere.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Triple Crown

New York City, The greatest city in the entire world!!

I am begining to think that Arod's ex-wife is probably doing some kind of voodoo on him. God doesn't like ugly (cheating on the mother of his 2 daughters and acting like a whore) and karma is a B!t$#.

Some of you may not know this, but sex is one of the best stress relievers known to men.

Quote Originally Posted by gold23 View Post

I don't think Alex can hit for power right now because of his hand injury. I think it worked for a week or so after he came back, but that he has had a problem since. I am not expecting much from him because of that. I hope I am wrong of course.

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    Some of you may not know this, but sex is one of the best stress relievers known to men.
    WOMEN WEAKEN LEGS!

also, scouts are saying that he doesnt have any lower body strength at the moment. coincidence?

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    WOMEN WEAKEN LEGS!

also, scouts are saying that he doesnt have any lower body strength at the moment. coincidence?
    Yes it's a coincidence. Athletes get laid all the time. Wilt Chamberlain played over 48 mpg in some seasons, and bedded countless women. It didn't stop him from putting up the greatest numbers of all time.

NYYF MVP

If A-Rod looks upset and somber he is sabotaging himself and pressing.
    If A-Rod goes about his life he doesn't care about the team.

Perhaps some of A-Rod's contract can be written off because he provides the valuable service of being the team scapegoat.

dont mess with the jesus dont_ya_know24's Avatar

where's kate hudson when you need her.
    I really thought I played great defense when the ball wasn't hit at me, Alex Rodriguez said.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yanksftw View Post
    lol they are not making that trade dude
    Good because as a Yankee fan I wouldn't want it either. 10 year deals for players over the age of 30 don't usually end well. I think in 5 years the Angels will be in similiar ground as the Yanks are now.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks4eva1 View Post
    the only thing I took from this is that Jeter yet again has shown how absurdly better his taste is, if he's really dating Hannah Davis and Alex was really hitting on those two pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by madjack View Post
    Yes it's a coincidence. Athletes get laid all the time. Wilt Chamberlain played over 48 mpg in some seasons, and bedded countless women. It didn't stop him from putting up the greatest numbers of all time.
    Or maybe too much womanizing was what made him such a crappy foul shooter.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information