+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3766

Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    And he swung thru two mid 90s fastballs from the dominant Tommy Hunter. The guy is lost right now.
    I don't disagree.

I just think Granderson is even more lost.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I don't disagree.

I'm not disagreeing. I think Granderson should be sitting too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I don't disagree.

Yeah, Granderson or Swisher should have been benched in favor of Gardner. Girardi just doesn't like Brett for some reason

Dickerson should have been on the roster. GDI
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Dickerson should have been on the roster. GDI
    you know things have reached critical mass when that gets posted. It is hard to believe that with the talent that this team has that they are even in this offensive position.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    you know things have reached critical mass when that gets posted. It is hard to believe that with the talent that this team has that they are even in this offensive position.
    Yeah well when your entire team of "elite" batting talent can't buy a hit, you need to start looking at the coaching

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Yes. Take a shot with Brett. At the WORST, he provides an enormous upgrade defensively and there really isn't a possibility of him being worse offensively.
    He hasn't played since April. Big risk for an elimination game to start mucking around on D. Remember Bubba Crosby ALDS 05 out in Anaheim ?? Plus, there's some pixie dust that sez CG may not be entirely dead. He's a lot younger and the chances that he's just SHOT are much less. But basically, to do the lineup, you need to keep the D together, then you hope for some O rebound but obviously can't bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post
    He hasn't played since April. Big risk for an elimination game to start mucking around on D. Remember Bubba Crosby ALDS 05 out in Anaheim ?? Plus, there's some pixie dust that sez CG may not be entirely dead. He's a lot younger and the chances that he's just SHOT are much less. But basically, to do the lineup, you need to keep the D together, then you hope for some O rebound but obviously can't bank on it.
    Brett Gardner, even missing this season, has the highest UZR in baseball over the last 3 years. Curtis Granderson had the 2nd worst UZR in baseball this year.

Gardner is a better option in center any way you look at it.

Curtis clearly has looked worse at the plate than Alex, but I am going to stay out of this debate, in part because I would want to know more about the health condition of all these guys, including Gardner, before making my lineup.

I will say I think the death sentence on the nonperformers is premature, however. Neither Alex nor Curtis are done as effective hitters. Certainly not Curtis at his age.

Alex had some good streaks this season, including just before the injury. He started to hit just after he came back as well. Though some of his best hit balls seemed to not clear the warning track, he was not lost as he is now. He clearly is in a bad rut, which may derive from one of his injuries, or may be more mental. He is not going to return to 2007 form, probably not to 2009, but it is silly to think this is what he is going to be next spring or for the rest of his career.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yeah well when your entire team of "elite" batting talent can't buy a hit, you need to start looking at the coaching

Yep. Might very well be time for a change.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Exactly. A-Rod has hit a couple balls hard this series. He has still been very bad, but Granderson has yet to hit a ball hard. In game 3, he had TWO at bats where he looked at strike 1 and then proceded to swing at 2 pitches that weren't even close.
    so the fact that grandy man hasn't even hit the ball hard makes u think he's more ready?

Quote Originally Posted by yanksftw View Post
    so the fact that grandy man hasn't even hit the ball hard makes u think he's more ready?
    What?

NYYF Legend

Maybe Joe will PH A-Rod for Grandy tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    That slider was a good pitch. The two 85 mph fastballs he blew by Alex before that were not. This is a move that had to be made. I would have sat Granderson in favor of Gardner too.
    Its not about 85 mph with O'Day. Righties just dont see the ball, and he doesnt miss spots. Have you seen a single righty have a single good swing off him?

Darren O'Day makes patient Jeter look bad, so him versus 2012 playoffs Arod is a silly matchup

Addicted Member

Yankee fans protesting the benching by not showing up to the game.

And that's why you dont bench granderson!

I told you all so.

Addicted Member

NYYF Legend

Baseball's crazy/loco.

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 1936-1939JoeNLou View Post
    And that's why you dont bench granderson!

I told you all so.
    Yes instead we should bench Chavez who went 0-3 with 2 SO.

Or Cano and Swisher.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    Chairman, You're far from alone not only in feeling frustrated watching Rodriguez struggle but also in believing his contract from here on out could prove to be a disaster of biblical proportions. Having said that, please rein in the A-Roid, The Roid, etc., comments. Yes, he did steroids. We all know. And yes, because of that he has to contend more than just age...

...well, unless a kickass masking agent is created, but I digress.

Anyway, I don't fault anyone for occasionally letting off some steam but if you could refrain from harping on the guy repeatedly I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
    As you can see, his... choices of years past are something I'll always hold against him as his body breaks down amid his bloated contract -- when weighing what he was supposed to mean to this team, both will hamstring this organization until they can come to some... agreement.

Not you Stick, but for the others who defend Rodriguez's honor: how very charming. Due to his choices, he has let his team down as well as the fans. Personally, I think benching him -- aside from occasional pinch hitting ops -- is the best course of action Girardi could take. He is destined to be a black hole in the batting order. And for anyone who wants to bash me, go right ahead, but before this season, I was one of Rodriguez's defenders. At this point, there is nothing to defend.
    I LOVE New York!!!
    VIVE LA FRANCE!!!

It takes two signatures to finalize a contract.

Boras (and probably ARod) read the market correctly and got a bigger contract.

Nobody would leave 100m on the table for the taking.

He's not popular among fans and he's not someone I really would like to have a beer with at the bar.

As a teammate? He's as good as they come.

NYYF Triple Crown

Moving forward. The ALCS is a new series; hopefully he turns it around and can be something resembling productive against Detroit.
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by carsten charles View Post
    oh please. I don't care what he did this season. He's lost right now. He's not hitting one tonight. There's no chance.

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

A-Rod certainly wasn't the only Yankee hitter who struggled in the ALDS, but unlike the others, it's not merely a slump. It's obvious that his bat speed is in rapid decline. His numbers vs. right-handed pitching have been especially atrocious all season long, so this not just a blip in the radar. This is who he is as a hitter moving forward.

I have to believe that he'll definitely be back in 2013, but if he continues to struggle next season, I can see him walking away from the game and leaving the remainder of his contract on the table.
    I don't see him subjecting himself to scorn from both the media and fans for another 4 years, and I don't think he'll ever accept being a role player.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Thread Information