+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    Just think back to a couple of weeks ago, Alex was mad or looked that way and he was taking some mighty cuts, really he was swinging as hard as I've ever seen him swing. That's after he just missed hitting it out once or twice..

It looks to me like it's the swinging if anything that seems to be bothering him, if something is wrong lets tackle it now, although he's running quite well. If he is OK then how about making some adjustments, look at Derek he's going the other way and that looks to be the best formula, because it's working for him and makes the most sense..

It's Obvious that Alex is being fooled at the plate, but I'm really starting to wonder just how much he even cares at this point, with so many people not liking him or feeling that we don't need him, maybe I'm wrong. I'm one that would like to see him to pull himself together, and just start by reacting to the hittable pitches and maybe try hitting the ball to right.

Most players his age look for change ups and breaking pitches, I mean that it looks like every pitcher in the league has the book on him, just lob one right in there an he'll take it. He would rather wait for an un-hittable fastball, or something filthy. I can no longer defend him, because to me I can't tell if he cares or if his numbers even matter to him as much as they do to some of us.

Hopefully I'm jumping the gun an it's just a slump that he'll pull out of, I really hope so because it helps to make baseball more fun when A-rod is teeing off, and hitting the shots that make him hard to forget...
    Actually I've winced a few times while watching A-Rod on the bases. Seemed to be lumbering.

I have been impressed early with his lateral movement at third.

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    I can't tell if he cares or if his numbers even matter to him as much as they do to some of us.
    I think it's fairly unlikely that A-Rod's performance matters more to the posters here than it does to A-Rod himself.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    I think it's fairly unlikely that A-Rod's performance matters more to the posters here than it does to A-Rod himself.
    I think that there are many of us that would like to be so sure, this is turning into years now. I do believe that he cares, but if it did become difficult for him to continue at the highest of levels. Would it be so hard to believe that he might start getting tired of failure, and watching his team mates around him excel.

Don't take me wrong we're all just speculating and throwing thoughts out there, Alex is proud, an I'm sure that this is crushing his ego. That's what I mean, this struggling has to be wearing him down and getting to him, it can't be easy for him not knowing if he'll ever right the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    There comes a time when all men must retire to the pasteurs or was it just horse?
    Well A-Rod IS half equine.

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

DH'ing again. Something must be up.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    Yes... they don't want Nunez playing the field and chavez did good things against boston last year.
    Last edited by TheHugeUnit2; 04-20-12 at 05:30 PM.

hey gaiz. he hit a HR
    like delv, but better

SPY sighting.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

It must be that ball he hit out of Fenway.

According to this Jason Starks article, those 6M bonuses that Arod has in his contract for passing certain homerun marks won't be subject to the luxury tax calculations. I wonder if that's true or not. It's still a horrible contract that the Yankees will regret for the next 5-6 years.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/...estone-bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    According to this Jason Starks article, those 6M bonuses that Arod has in his contract for passing certain homerun marks won't be subject to the luxury tax calculations. I wonder if that's true or not. It's still a horrible contract that the Yankees will regret for the next 5-6 years.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/...estone-bonuses
    I think they were counting on ARod breaking the home run record and all the revenue that event might net the team. But now with the steroid thing I'm not sure it will be all that meaningful (and that's assuming he does break the record)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I think it will be meaningful. It's clear he isn't roiding right now. People who didn't like him didn't like him before the steroids. The roids just gave them more reason to not like him.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I think they were counting on ARod breaking the home run record and all the revenue that event might net the team. But now with the steroid thing I'm not sure it will be all that meaningful (and that's assuming he does break the record)
    I agree, and I believe Barry's tainted record is safe - Alex doesn't reach 700.

Quote Originally Posted by foul ball View Post
    I agree, and I believe Barry's tainted record is safe - Alex doesn't reach 700.
    Alex is 69 away from 700. If he can't hit that many over the next couple of years the yanks are in trouble
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

Nice to see him hit a long one today. Seemed to me like the past few games with that wide stance he was concentrating more on just making contact than hitting with power.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by indianyanksfan View Post
    Alex is 69 away from 700. If he can't hit that many over the next couple of years the yanks are in trouble
    If he can't hit that many over the next six years they're really in trouble.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by indianyanksfan View Post
    The last time Alex hit 69 homers over a two year span was 07-08. They haven't been in trouble since that time.

I am guessing it had more to do with being a day game after a night game, I agree with that move.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

girardi's penchant for resting guys is actually a really sensible and good move.

it is just that when your substitutes are really bad at defense, there is a problem. whether it is a roster problem exposed by manager operation, or the other way around, is another question
    always reasonable

Worst contract in baseball just got a little less bad if Stark is right. If I had a time machine, that offseason would be on my list.

As for breaking the record, he has to hit another 131 home runs to tie Bonds. That works out at just over 21 for the next six years. It's doable but I'm not confident he does. The next thee years will be very important. After that he needs to have a very small amount remaining. Getting thirty this year will be vital. My gut tells me he beats Aaron but not Bonds.

Edit: damn iPad auto correct.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

if he's healthy then i predict: 290 ish avg, 30+ HR and 100+ RBIs this year.
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    It's doable but I'm not condiment that he does.
    After that he needs Have a very small remaining amount.
    We've secretly replace ajra21 with an elderly Asian woman using Google translate.

Let's see if anyone notices...
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Worst contract in baseball just got a little less bad if Stark is right. If I had a time machine, that offseason would be on my list.

As for breaking the record, he has to hit another 131 home runs to tie Bonds. That works out at just over 21 for the next six years. It's doable but I'm not condiment that he does. The next thee years will be very important. After that he needs Have a very small remaining amount. Getting thirty this year will be vital. My gut tells me he beats Aaron but not Bonds.

Arod is a great player - that's a given. However, IMHO, Arod's past homerun prowess was based on PED'S. Now that he's clean and getting older, homeruns may be few and far between. I do think he will still be a productive player, but his speed and power are on the decline, and so it goes - his homerun total.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    We've secretly replace ajra21 with an elderly Asian woman using Google translate.

Let's see if anyone notices...
    I won't.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Thread Information