+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    NYYF Legend

Re: Lou Piniella to join YES Network

Piniella is the master of stating the obvious. I didn't think he added much to the broadcast.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Forum Regular

The Yanks are the only team that has a handful of rotating announcers. It is very frustrating watching their games as the announcers are changing every series. The announcers should be Kaat if he wants to come back and Singleton. Those two are the best. The others should be guest announcers who announce a few games each year. Listening to Red Sox games on NESN is a pleasure as Remy is a far superior announcer then Kay.

He's given up on trying to pronounce 'Teixeira'. Now he just says 'Mark'.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Pet peeve but seriously, how does Michael Kay not know the year that Cone threw his perfect game? It's not like those things happen every day and the Yanks haven't had once since. Not to mention it was a special day for Yogi as well. He eithr has a bad memory or not enough knowledge of this team's history. Hate to say it, but Gary Cohen and Howie Rose know eveyrhting about the Mets. Not as much for Kay regarding the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yankswun96 View Post
    The Yanks are the only team that has a handful of rotating announcers. It is very frustrating watching their games as the announcers are changing every series. The announcers should be Kaat if he wants to come back and Singleton. Those two are the best. The others should be guest announcers who announce a few games each year. Listening to Red Sox games on NESN is a pleasure as Remy is a far superior announcer then Kay.
    Not a huge Kay fan but he is better then Remy. Remy is awful day in day out. The guy openly campaigned to be "president of Red Sox nation" and never misses a chance to plug his restaurant. He is Fran Healy..the sun is always shining.

If a YES announcer ever declared he was running for president of "Yankee Universe" he would be ridiculed and rightfully so

I do like Don Orsillo he has a smooth voice and does some good play by play on NESN

I like Lou.

it's just his voice/tone/enunciation and he can't help it, but it really sounds like he's permanently drunk or, at least, hungover.

not really enjoyable to listen to over the course of a game.

Addicted Member

Lou reminds me of a punch drunk version of john madden
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Operation 28

NYYF Legend

I think Lou likes taking the money from the Yanks. He certainly doesn't bring much to the broadcasts. I still say the best of the broadcasters is Singleton followed by Cone and Kay.

Thread Information