+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1165
    there's levels to this! ARoDfan4life's Avatar

Re: 2012 Derek Jeter Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    That 2nd/3rd 0 out situation showed everything thats wrong with this team. You have Alex stare at a good pitch for strike 1, foul off strike 2, then swing at a 57 footer for strike 3. No idea what his approach is in that AB. Swisher tries to hit the ball 9000 feet, luckily he does walk. Then you have Granderson also trying to jack a HR and flails helplessly at offspeed pitches.

You also had Martin swinging for the fences in the 11th w/Ichiro on 2nd, when all you needed was a single.
    it's the wierdest thing w/ Arod. It's like he's trying to perfectly square the ball on every pitch or set up his next big count. Dude just look the fastball, everything else will work it's self out. It's easier to make contact on offspeed, Ibanez goes up there looking for fastball and murders it. Arod is looking for everything else. Your strength is covering a fastball, cover it.

Granderson is just the opposite, he has an Adam Dunn approach, and he swings at every curveball to the ground. He doesn't even let the ball come to him.
    "I wish the Yankees had a GM"

Quote Originally Posted by smellycat View Post
    if jeter would have gotten that clutch hit to score gardner in extra innings we would have won and he never would have broke his ankle......... this is what happens when you dont get the clutch hit.

I'll never understand what people get out of trolling complete strangers on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    I'll never understand what people get out of trolling complete strangers on a message board.
    The sad chap has been trolling all night. Sounds and writes a lot like this Yankee hater on Baseball Fever - - a good site for stadium talk, old and new (they had some exclusive photos when New YS was being built), and I wouldn't be surprised if it were him.

Quote Originally Posted by smellycat View Post
    if jeter would have gotten that clutch hit to score gardner in extra innings we would have won and he never would have broke his ankle......... this is what happens when you dont get the clutch hit.
    fool he got hurt on a routine ground ball to his left. He took a normal regular pivot step. Meaning had he ran off the field it would have happened, had he ran to the locker it would have happen, had he shifted weight on it any way it would have happened. Running to his jeep as he walks out the stadium, it would have happened. Tomorrow hitting a ball from the batter's box it would have happened.

Jeter had an amazing season, one I'll never forget, shame it had to end this way.

Now I'd like to see the team rally around the Captain, put up a good fight, and go out swinging (metaphorically, not literally K'ing themselves out of the playoffs)

Quote Originally Posted by ARoDfan4life View Post
    fool he got hurt on a routine ground ball to his left. He took a normal regular pivot step. Meaning had he ran off the field it would have happened, had he ran to the locker it would have happen, had he shifted weight on it any way it would have happened. Running to his jeep as he walks out the stadium, it would have happened. Tomorrow hitting a ball from the batter's box it would have happened.
    I thought he drove an Edge.
    Pardon, for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbathia View Post
    Jeter had an amazing season, one I'll never forget, shame it had to end this way.

Now I'd like to see the team rally around the Captain, put up a good fight, and go out swinging (metaphorically, not literally K'ing themselves out of the playoffs)
    Indeed.
    Pardon, for us.

What?? The injury was most likely cause by a fluke angular stress that he got from putting some weird torque on the ankle. It wasn't that his ankle was a ticking time bomb or a "break waiting to happen." Bones are never "on the verge" of breaking. Ligaments can be, but bones, no, unless you have some calcium deficiency like osteoporosis. It was a fluke, like pretty much all broken bones.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    What?? The injury was most likely cause by a fluke angular stress that he got from putting some weird torque on the ankle. It wasn't that his ankle was a ticking time bomb or a "break waiting to happen." Bones are never "on the verge" of breaking. Ligaments can be, but bones, no, unless you have some calcium deficiency like osteoporosis. It was a fluke, like pretty much all broken bones.
    you ever fractured an already hurt ankle, it wasn't like a new injury. Girardi knew alot about this and the doctor told Derek this is not one that you can play through. I took that as it was hurt before, it was going by a thread for him and he tried to go out the postseason hiding it.

you ever fractured an already hurt ankle, it wasn't like a new injury. Girardi knew alot about this and the doctor told Derek this is not one that you can play through. I took that as it was hurt before, it was going by a thread for him and he tried to go out the postseason hiding it.
    It's dangerous to practice medicine from afar without any direct knowledge of the patient's injuries.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    It's dangerous to practice medicine from afar without any direct knowledge of the patient's injuries.
    Even more dangerous when you have no direct knowledge of medicine other than what you Google up or find on WebMD.
    "Stay thirsty, my friends"

this can be a blessing in disguise

with the season jeter had he probably would try and extract some extra rent from the yanks in the next contract negotiation but with the injury we might have him at reasonable cost

Quote Originally Posted by yanksftw View Post

with the season jeter had he probably would try and extract some extra rent from the yanks in the next contract negotiation but with the injury we might have him at reasonable cost
    What are you talking about, he has a guarantee contract for next year with the following year being an option one. If he comes back healthy next year and produces again, this injury means nothing except not having him for the rest of this year's playoffs which is bad anyway you look at it.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yanksftw View Post

What are these words you lay down on page?

For heavens sake..............

Hate to see Jeter, of all players, go down this way after having such a remarkable season.

#2, our captain, thanks, and see you next season!

NYYF Legend

I thought this was classy of Delmon Young:

“We’re all big Derek Jeter fans since we were younger, watching the World Series and everything, from ‘96 to the recent one,” the Tigers’ Delmon Young said.

“We all grew up, backyard baseball, wanting to win the World Series either against the Yankees or getting through the Yankees to get to the World Series, especially with Derek Jeter as the catalyst. Unfortunately, it happened. We’d love to see him out playing with us and playing against him, because it is really fun playing the Yankees, especially when Derek Jeter is healthy.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/sp...g-reality.html

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    What are you talking about, he has a guarantee contract for next year with the following year being an option one. If he comes back healthy next year and produces again, this injury means nothing except not having him for the rest of this year's playoffs which is bad anyway you look at it.
    Exactly. 1-1/2 years from now....."Derek, remember 2012 when you played on a bad ankle for much of the year and was the MVP of the season for the Yanks? Remember when in the postseason your ankle fractured. I know, you made a full recovery and have produced, but we want to offer you less money to stay with the team, due to that fracture last October"

Yeah...that's I can see that happening....
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post

Delmon Young can blow me.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post

Yeah. Real class act:
    The Detroit Free Press reports that Young faces an "aggravated harassment hate crime charge" and that Young made anti-Semitic remarks during the incident.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UHrqH1Etz3k

Not to mention his suspension for throwing a bat at an umpire in the minors.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Not to mention his suspension for throwing a bat at an umpire in the minors.
    I'd have to see the umpire's call before I make a judgment on that one.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Released Outright

Delmon Young? Real Class Act? I almost fell off my chair from laughing so hard.

and Remember, Stay classy San Diego.

NYYF Triple Crown

I needed a couple of hours to recoup from going from euphoria to depression in just a matter of hours. It was difficult being there watching Derek not get up. It was surreal. But it is what it is, and I don't pretend to understand but I truly believe all things happen for a reason. I can't help but to note that all remaining Core Four members injured some part of their legs this season. I think if Andy comes back next year, we have a Caleb story in the making that has the potential to teach us all a thing or two. Namely, determination, experience and heart can trump age (see Ibanez, Raul). It's not over for Mo, Andy or Derek. They need to all come back in 2013 strong, ready and hungry. Lets hope the Yanks can finish this postseason strong and honorably. Lets see if Alex is the leader he says he is and takes the mantle (excuse the pun) and carries this team thru this series. These next games will show what this team is really made of. As Usher says, "let's go!"
    “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible."

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search." Prince

Thanks for a great season Derek! It was a pleasure to watch.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Thread Information