+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 ... LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Re: 2012 Derek Jeter Performance Thread

Wow, just wow. Only thing they should be testing him for is Kryptonite

(Can't believe anyone even pays attention to what that mediot spews.)
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Nor was Dusty.
    He had the highest WAR on the team by 0.9.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    He had the highest WAR on the team by 0.9.
    Did he deserve the MVP?
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

it was either him or that damn cheater arod
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I'm with you. I wouldn't be shocked or crushed. I don't put anyone outside the realm of possibility, and I don't see any reason Jeter should be exempt.
    I would be shocked due to his anti-drug stance with his father being a drug counselor. However, some of us "always think the worst of people".
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I would be shocked due to his anti-drug stance with his father being a drug counselor. However, some of us "always think the worst of people".
    I don't think the worst of anyone. I just have no reason to include or exclude him or anyone else. I think anyone's capable of it, regardless of father's occupation.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    Skip Bayless said what? This is the same guy who just last year stated that Adrian Gonzalez homering in three consecutive games was more impressive than the Yankees hitting three grand slams in the same game.
    I think Skip Bayless should be soccer kicked in the head a la Wanderlei Silva or kung-fu kicked in the throat a la Eric Cantona.

Bayless is just a hack. The only time he was praised was when he ripped LeBron James to shreds after his 8-point performance in Game 4 of the 2011 NBA Finals against the Mavericks.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    I think Skip Bayless should be soccer kicked in the head a la Wanderlei Silva or kung-fu kicked in the throat a la Eric Cantona.

Bayless is just a hack. The only time he was praised was when he ripped LeBron James to shreds after his 8-point performance in Game 4 of the 2011 NBA Finals against the Mavericks.
    Bayless is the world's highest paid troll. I really don't think anyone takes him seriously at this point. He's essentially the sports media equivalent of bobbyjr.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Here's the problem....

Skip Brainless says some kind of stupid nonsense like "Jeter has to be using...." and people all over the world see it and say, "Geez, what is this guy talking about? Lemme go see...."...

Objective - successful.
    He's won....
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    bayless is jackass of epic propotions. He used be on here on local sports radio. I thought he was an ignorant d-bag then and nothing about his stupid yelling on ESPN has changed my opinion of him.

but it would be beyond naive to think bayless is the only person possibly questioning Jeter's resurgence this year at his advanced age for any BB player, let alone SS.
    I'm not disputing that there are other people who'd question it (though there's no way, with Jeter's status and image being so beneficial to MLB, anyone but a professional troll would ever suggest it in the mainstream media set), but Skip wasn't thinking about how Jeter using PEDs was a possible and credible topic of discussion or something to ponder; he saw a window for buzz and gamely jumped through it. nothing more, nothing less.

tim2nyy said he said he wasn't going to pay much more attention to him, but really, it's already too late for that. the douchebag already won and won solidly this attempt, here and widespread.

ive never heard of him until recently.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Umm, guys! Nothing to say about the home run he just hit?
    3 days in a row. Clearly he's juicing.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Skip who?

ESPN - home of the "Yes. We are this stupid." broadcasters.

it's a shame that someone can just say something, and cast aspersions without a modicum of truth behind their accusations.
    Pretty deplorable.
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

NYYF Legend

It's rating season folks...........but the look on Stephen A. Smith 's face on that tete a tete was gold..........be be honest in this day and age to question it wan't out of line. ........it's like wrestling.............wish I felt the same about my homeboy Martin as I do with Jetes..........lot's of stories up here about Martin and his best friend Eric Gagne'

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

I've talked to a lot of Tigers' fans today. They told me, even though they hate the Yankees, they'd be crushed if Jeter were ever found out to be a cheater. That speaks volumes about what kind of player he is.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

What I find curious about this whole thing with Skip Bayless, and to the general reaction to Jeter's season is this: Jeter is having a fairly average season by Jeter standards.

His OPS is .815 this year. His career OPS is .831.

His OBP is .364 this year, compared to his career OBP of .382. He projects to hit 17 home runs....one more than his average year of 16.

He's stolen only 8 bases, compared to his average of 22 per season.

While he is 38, and certainly appeared to be declining in 2010 and roughly the first half of 2011, as recently as 2009 he had an .871 OPS (56 points higher than this year), hit 18 home runs and stole 30 bases. So, this year is not somehow out of nowhere or off the charts. In fact, this likely won't be a top ten career season for Jeter. While remarkably consistent in his career, he's been much better than he is this year...one year hitting .349 with 24 home runs.

Of course not many predicted at his age this kind of performance this year (I certainly would not have), but this is hardly some kind of incredible year by his standards.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    What I find curious about this whole thing with Skip Bayless, and to the general reaction to Jeter's season is this: Jeter is having a fairly average season by Jeter standards.

His OBP is .364 this year, compared to his career OBP of .382. He projects to hit 17 home runs....one more than his average year of 16.

While he is 38, and certainly appeared to be declining in 2010 and roughly the first half of 2011, as recently as 2009 he had an .871 OPS (56 points higher than this year), hit 18 home runs and stole 30 bases. So, this year is not somehow out of nowhere or off the charts. In fact, this likely won't be a top ten career season for Jeter. While remarkably consistent in his career, he's been much better than he is this year...one year hitting .349 with 24 home runs.

Of course not many predicted at his age this kind of performance this year (I certainly would not have), but this is hardly some kind of incredible year by his standards.

Excellent post!!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post

Skip Bayless is not impressed with your facts and logic.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

i like stephen a smith. he's an entertainer.
    always reasonable

I rather watch MLB Network over ESPN's coverage (except for Stephen A. Smith).
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    i like stephen a smith. he's an entertainer.
    Yes and yep.........so is Bayless........folks need to take tis as such.........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Whoa, did you see Jeter all pissed off after getting hit?

Definitely roid rage.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Whoa, did you see Jeter all pissed off after getting hit?

Definitely roid rage.
    maybe a little panic mixed in.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

That was pretty scary.

You got that right!
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

Thread Information