+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

can usernames be changed?

hi, can someone please tell me if current usernames can be changed? thanks!

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Re: can usernames be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkyankees6 View Post
    Nope. Sorry
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

okay thanks, no problem then

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Nope. Sorry
    Is that entirely true? I'm not talking about the poster who no longer wished to be associated with Roger Clemens after the Mitchell report; there's another poster who quite openly changed his name and was allowed to do so, he just lost all of his old posting history.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Is that entirely true? I'm not talking about the poster who no longer wished to be associated with Roger Clemens after the Mitchell report; there's another poster who quite openly changed his name and was allowed to do so, he just lost all of his old posting history.

Yes, the only way to do it is to re-register. PM a mod before you do it, though. This way they will know it's you when you "arrive"
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Yea, if you tell a mod, the old one gets banned. It's in the CS that you are only allowed 1 username
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

thanks everyone, is there a particular mod I should speak to and will I need to re-register with my same e-mail as this one?

NYYF Legend

Ack! My Wings!
    Crush it with your mind vice.

That was me.

I created this one & Soriambi R.O.'ed my old screen name.

I always wanted to have 2 names so I can openly talk to myself!

(not really)
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

thanks everyone, is there a particular mod I should speak to and will I need to re-register with my same e-mail as this one?
    That would be me at the moment. Make sure you send me all the details in a PM before you do this.
    Let the kids play.

didn't GoRocket do exactly that?
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bozidar View Post
    didn't GoRocket do exactly that?
    That is me and who John was referring to above. To be clear, the request I made was to come back as a new member. The idea to change to this and keep my status was NOT done by me. And while the Mitchell Report was a large part of the reason, an even larger part was the fact he was linked to an underage girl.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    That is me and who John was referring to above. To be clear, the request I made was to come back as a new member. The idea to change to this and keep my status was NOT done by me. And while the Mitchell Report was a large part of the reason, an even larger part was the fact he was linked to an underage girl.
    I totally get WHY you wanted to change it, no judgement or anything. I'm just pointing out that there was some sort of precident.
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Quote Originally Posted by Bozidar View Post
    I totally get WHY you wanted to change it, no judgement or anything. I'm just pointing out that there was some sort of precident.
    Which is fine. It is just that I have been accused of asking for "special favors" and I just wanted to make it clear that wasn't the case.
    Life is good!

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Which is fine. It is just that I have been accused of asking for "special favors" and I just wanted to make it clear that wasn't the case.
    It wasn't special favors, it was common sense. As you'd mentioned to me in person, as you've mentioned above, it was the underaged girl. It could've been the steroids allegation or the cheating on the wife, but the underaged girl seems like a very crystal clear reason why someone would want to have their username changed.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Newyorkyankees6 is a perfectly fine user name -- a tribute to Roy White is honorable.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Sorry, Rick, that was before my time and I've only gleaned the story in bits and pieces. Thanks for setting me straight. FWIW, I never considered it an accusation - had you made the request, I would have considered it reasonable and worth granting.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Newyorkyankees6 is a perfectly fine user name -- a tribute to Roy White is honorable.
    I see what you did there.

(I was wondering why the change to the username? Suddenly the lightbulb goes off.)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I see what you did there.

(I was wondering why the change to the username? Suddenly the lightbulb goes off.)
    Folks forget the old names over time. Only the old timers here remember when you were fredfmuggs.
    Let the kids play.

Sorry, Rick, that was before my time and I've only gleaned the story in bits and pieces. Thanks for setting me straight. FWIW, I never considered it an accusation - had you made the request, I would have considered it reasonable and worth granting.
    No problem, I didn't think you were doing that, it wasn't you that has accused me and I was just making sure before it happened that it was clear that the name change as opposed to doing it how Jax did it wasn't my suggestion.
    Life is good!

Joe Torre also wore #6 from 1996-2007. #6 was also The Mick's rookie number in 1951.

http://ultimateyankees.com/jerseynumbers.htm
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Joe Torre also wore #6 from 1996-2007. #6 was also The Mick's rookie number in 1951.

http://ultimateyankees.com/jerseynumbers.htm

wait. Torre managed the Yanks? When?
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

wait. Torre managed the Yanks? When?
    Who said anything about him managing the Yanks? I just said that he wore the #6. OK?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Nope. Sorry
    Of course they can, it's as easy as opening up a database manager interface, opening up the right table, and replacing the username field with the new name. All the old posts will automatically be populated with the new name whenever someone pulls up a thread.

Site policy, however, is a different matter. NYYfans just chooses not to allow anyone to change their username.

Thread Information