+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

Re: Once Again, It's Brad's Annual Supa Dupa Bowl Thread (complete w/Recipes, Natcher

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Hey, I never said I was paying!

Spumoni!!! My fave pizza of all time! Best squares ever. I live 15 minutes away from there.
    Oh i misunderstood! I hope you're at least chipping in!

omg - I had no idea you live near there.. I used to date a guy back in the day who had a lot of family in Bensonhurst ..now one of my best friends' son plays ice hockey all over so when they play in NY, sometime we meet our other b/f who lives in NY somewhere central and we've gone there a few times! I love that place!

do they have the largest food portions ever or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    OK - got my carrot sticks, celery and vinegar, 100-calorie kettle popcorn and a 6-pack of diet Dr. Pepper. I'm all set!
    sounds like a lot to look forward to there bub. j/k - I know you're trying to lose a few pounds. what is the vinegar for?
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

Re: Once Again, It's Brad's Annual Supa Dupa Bowl Thread (complete w/Recipes, Natcher

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Unfortunately, Muggs lost all of his luggage and his wallet was stolen. He's asking all his friends and family to wire money so he can buy a plane ticket home.
    let me guess = send the money to you and you'll get it to him?

I hope he's okay..maybe he ran off with a french hottie or something. selfishly, I miss him here...
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

NYYF Legend

Drunken Meatballs in the crockpot since 9:30 am...Monster pot of chili on the stove since Noon.
    Going to friends to watch the game where there will be an assortment of chips/dips/cheeses/crackers/veggies. Brats & burgers on the grill. Hopefully someone will bring some wings..?
    Plenty of cold adult beverages..and possibly a shot of Patron after the GIANTS WIN!!

Enjoy the game everyone~~
    Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly........

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Where are ya andd wot are ya eatin'?
    I'm in London right now, no idea what I'll be eating. Haven't really got much snacks just a lot of healthy food. Might order a pizza actually.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    sounds like a lot to look forward to there bub. j/k - I know you're trying to lose a few pounds. what is the vinegar for?
    Vinegar is a calorie-free dipping sauce for carrots. The balsamic has a few calories so I use that sometimes with a splash of olive oil.

Some bakery around here is selling chicken wing covered cupcakes. The cupcake is made out of cornbread and the frosting is blue-cheese dressing, and the wing is placed on top. They can't make them fast enough according to the local news.
    Let the kids play.

I have some stale wheat thins. It's going to be quite the party at my house.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Sue, how are ya? Was this being made as a meal or a sandwich?
    It'll be for sandwiches.

I have some wings that will go in the oven, and then some chips w/guacomole, salsa, sour cream, etc.

and Beer.... I have the 12 pack carton of Sam Adams Winter collection. (six different beers, two bottles each).
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

I read in the paper today that 12 billion dollars is going to spent on Super Bowl food today. That's a lot of tortilla chips and salsa.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Forum Regular
    Splitting time between Dayton, NJ and Needmore, PA

Here's my recipe for Hot Wings:

and I do mean Name:  big_fire.gif
Views: 120
Size:  23.7 KB

6 tbsp. ea.
    Salt
    Pepper
    Oregano
    1 whole head of Garlic
    2-3 large or 4-5 small onions
    2/3 cup of red wine vinegar
    2 fl. oz. Original Tabasco Red Sauce
    Frank's Original Buffalo Hot Sauce
    8-10 tbsp. unsalted butter
    6 lbs. Chicken wings

Preheat the oven to 450.

Peel Garlic; leave cloves whole, except for trimming off the base. Cut onions in half; thinly slice onions length-wise.

Wash the wings, making sure to pull out any quills or feathers. Using a meat cleaver or chicken scissors, cut the wings at the joints. Discard the wing tip; place the wing (center portion) and drumette to one side.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the salt, pepper, & oregano. Toss in wings and coat. Dash in 10-12 shakes of Tobasco and a generous amount of Frank's. Pour in red wine vinegar. Mix wings until all coated.

Place a large baking tin (I use the 11"x19"x3.5" tins) on a cookie sheet. Layer the wings inside the tin. Toss whole garlic cloves and onion slices over wings. Pour the melted butter over the wings. Tightly cover the tin with tin foil. (Hint: If you get the "picnic style" tins with the silver topped lids, do not use the lids. Those lids are paper-based and may catch fire due to the extended heat exposure.)

Once the oven is heated, place the cookie sheet with the baking tin in the oven for approximately one to 1.5 hours. Uncover the tin and check the amount of liquid. Return to the oven for an additional hour to 1.5 hours, allowing the liquid to render down.

Serve hot.
    Marc

So glad this game is on BBC, NO ADVERTS!
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    So glad this game is on BBC, NO ADVERTS!
    that's generally the most entertaining portion of the game

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    that's generally the most entertaining portion of the game
    Not really, watching the Pats through out the season the discount double check advert and Kay advert got tiresome REAAALLLY quickly.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Glad that everyone's enjoying themselves. Keep the party goin', and don't fergit the Supa Dupa Halftime Thread.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Eats?

Have had a pretzel or two and a cup of hot chocolate.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

Thank you all once again fer makin' this thread our very own annual extravaganza.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gringaloca View Post
    Drunken Meatballs in the crockpot since 9:30 am..
    Recipe, please
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

Yay, glad to see this thread did show up eventually.

We have a lot of leftovers I can pick thru for the next week or so since I missed the party at our house this year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Yay, glad to see this thread did show up eventually.

We have a lot of leftovers I can pick thru for the next week or so since I missed the party at our house this year.
    Welcome back, Danielle! How was the abode when you returned?

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Welcome back, Danielle! How was the abode when you returned?
    LOL. Still there, thank goodness. It's actually pretty cleaned up too, just some mopping is needed in the kitchen and my bathroom. There is some dried crud on the stove and some other random jobs that need to get done but really not as bad as it could be. From what I am told, a couple of the ladies assumed a lot of the hostessing tasks and clean-up as far as doing the dishes and stuff too.

NYYF Legend

That's good! You must have been dreading what you might walk into!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Franks Buffalo Chicken dip - my fav app!

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
    1/2 cup FRANK'S Buffalo Wing Sauce
    1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
    chicken (boil and cut up)

DIRECTIONS:

HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
    MIX in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
    BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Serve with crackers or vegetables.
    Vic, this sounds yummy. I'm going to make it to take to a party on Saturday. I'm thinking mozzarella is a better choice than blue cheese?
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks View Post
    Vic, this sounds yummy. I'm going to make it to take to a party on Saturday. I'm thinking mozzarella is a better choice than blue cheese?
    I like the blue cheese but try it with the mozz. I'm sure either way is good. And def use Franks sauce if you can find it. This is my favorite recipe except I usually eat so much, I don't have room for anything else.

NYYF Legend

I think blue cheese seems like the natural choice, since its usually what is served with hot wings. Mozz doesn't seem like it would go, imo.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I like the blue cheese but try it with the mozz. I'm sure either way is good. And def use Franks sauce if you can find it. This is my favorite recipe except I usually eat so much, I don't have room for anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    I think blue cheese seems like the natural choice, since its usually what is served with hot wings. Mozz doesn't seem like it would go, imo.
    I bought blue cheese and Frank's at lunchtime today. I was being selfish since I love mozzarella.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

Thread Information