+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Once Again, It's Brad's Annual Supa Dupa Bowl Thread (complete w/Recipes, Natcherly)

Once again, boyz, girlz, weedle children of all ages ... and Muggsy!!!

We have here the most Supa Dupa-est thread alive. We'll need some food, beer, etc. Salsa & Chips (Cruz-style), Wingz, Hot Dobs, Pizza, Beer, Dips & Chips, Celery and Carrots ... and some half-time entertainment.

We'll need, of course, our very most favoritest participants (willing or not).

Ally, Trishie (Evil or not), Karen, Billie Jeanne, Gringa, Li'l Sis, Vicki, Danielle, Muggsy, Steve, JL, Kevinambi ... and who-evah else wishes to join in and post recipes ... and dig in.

Bricka-Bracka Fire-Cracka, sis-boom bah. GIANTS, GIANTS, RAH-RAH-RAH!!!

Beat the Patsies, have a parade!!!

Now then, let's all git up on the gittins, and the gittins is sure gonna be good!!!
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Re: Once Again, It's Brad's Annual Supa Dupa Bowl Thread (complete w/Recipes, Natcher

I'm trying this tomorrow:
    http://mykitchenapron.blogspot.com/2...o-chicken.html

(..... as suggested / found on page 995 of our "menu" thread)

I may halve the Hot sauce , and substitute half of a jar of pineapple salsa, but follow the rest of the recipe. We'll see.

Bought some small size sour-dough rolls to put the chicken on, and some cheddar cheese to grate on top.
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Re: Once Again, It's Brad's Annual Supa Dupa Bowl Thread (complete w/Recipes, Natcher

Quote Originally Posted by smr15 View Post
    I'm trying this tomorrow:
    http://mykitchenapron.blogspot.com/2...o-chicken.html

(..... as suggested / found on page 995 of our "menu" thread)

I may halve the Hot sauce , and substitute half of a jar of pineapple salsa, but follow the rest of the recipe. We'll see.

Bought some small size sour-dough rolls to put the chicken on, and some cheddar cheese to grate on top.
    Sue, how are ya? Was this being made as a meal or a sandwich?
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Sue, how are ya? Was this being made as a meal or a sandwich?
    It'll be for sandwiches.

I have some wings that will go in the oven, and then some chips w/guacomole, salsa, sour cream, etc.

and Beer.... I have the 12 pack carton of Sam Adams Winter collection. (six different beers, two bottles each).
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

I read in the paper today that 12 billion dollars is going to spent on Super Bowl food today. That's a lot of tortilla chips and salsa.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Forum Regular
    Splitting time between Dayton, NJ and Needmore, PA

Here's my recipe for Hot Wings:

and I do mean Name:  big_fire.gif
Views: 120
Size:  23.7 KB

6 tbsp. ea.
    Salt
    Pepper
    Oregano
    1 whole head of Garlic
    2-3 large or 4-5 small onions
    2/3 cup of red wine vinegar
    2 fl. oz. Original Tabasco Red Sauce
    Frank's Original Buffalo Hot Sauce
    8-10 tbsp. unsalted butter
    6 lbs. Chicken wings

Preheat the oven to 450.

Peel Garlic; leave cloves whole, except for trimming off the base. Cut onions in half; thinly slice onions length-wise.

Wash the wings, making sure to pull out any quills or feathers. Using a meat cleaver or chicken scissors, cut the wings at the joints. Discard the wing tip; place the wing (center portion) and drumette to one side.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the salt, pepper, & oregano. Toss in wings and coat. Dash in 10-12 shakes of Tobasco and a generous amount of Frank's. Pour in red wine vinegar. Mix wings until all coated.

Place a large baking tin (I use the 11"x19"x3.5" tins) on a cookie sheet. Layer the wings inside the tin. Toss whole garlic cloves and onion slices over wings. Pour the melted butter over the wings. Tightly cover the tin with tin foil. (Hint: If you get the "picnic style" tins with the silver topped lids, do not use the lids. Those lids are paper-based and may catch fire due to the extended heat exposure.)

Once the oven is heated, place the cookie sheet with the baking tin in the oven for approximately one to 1.5 hours. Uncover the tin and check the amount of liquid. Return to the oven for an additional hour to 1.5 hours, allowing the liquid to render down.

Serve hot.
    Marc

NYYF Legend

One of hubby and Nick's favorite snacks is a mixture of chopped jalapenos, with juice (from the jar) mixed well with cream cheese. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors meld. Serve with tortillas chips. Simple but yummy.

Recipe for Pizza:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    2. Call for pizza.
    3. Pick up pizza.
    4. Turn off oven.
    5. Eat pizza.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Superbowl weekend is a big thing over there, never realised it was such a big event.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    Superbowl weekend is a big thing over there, never realised it was such a big event.
    Where are ya andd wot are ya eatin'?

Where are ya andd wot are ya eatin'?
    I'm in London right now, no idea what I'll be eating. Haven't really got much snacks just a lot of healthy food. Might order a pizza actually.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Recipe for Pizza:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    2. Call for pizza.
    3. Pick up pizza.
    4. Turn off oven.
    5. Eat pizza.
    Wot? No 'shrooms? Sausage & peppers on the pizza? Oh, and some fresh mozzarella.

Wot? No 'shrooms? Sausage & peppers on the pizza? Oh, and some fresh mozzarella.
    Any topping requests would be included in step 2.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Any topping requests would be included in step 2.
    Let's maake this pizza a SAMMICH!!!

Chicken, eggplant, 'shrooms, peppers, onion, meat-a-ballz-a, and wot-evah can be added on later.

This will be ... mah very most favoritest Supa Dupa Belly Busta Ultra-Deluxe Pizza!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    One of hubby and Nick's favorite snacks is a mixture of chopped jalapenos, with juice (from the jar) mixed well with cream cheese. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors meld. Serve with tortillas chips. Simple but yummy.
    Karen, welcome.

I'm simply of the not mixing acid w/cheese philosophy. How does that taste? I've never tried it before?

Now where's Mistah Cawfee w/that thar beef jerky thingy?

NYYF Legend

Karen, welcome.

I'm simply of the not mixing acid w/cheese philosophy. How does that taste? I've never tried it before?

Now where's Mistah Cawfee w/that thar beef jerky thingy?
    It's very tasty. You've never had pepperjack cheese or queso (cheese sauce with peppers)? Same idea, really.

NYYF Legend

Boyfriend is making a roast beef dinner and I'm doing the appetizers. I think I'm making an avocado salsa and pigs in a blanket...I love those things!
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

I'm probably going to have a movie marathon since I have no interest in the superbowl. I planned on ordering pizza later, like Kevin. Although I don't plan on preheating any oven. I'll assume the pizza place will deliver it hot.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

It's very tasty. You've never had pepperjack cheese or queso (cheese sauce with peppers)? Same idea, really.
    I'll take yer word fer it. I love my cheeses, but they don't seem to luv me right back, unfortunately (lactose intolerance).

I've heard of jack cheese, since I think that people use this or sharp cheddar in a mac 'n' cheese (or was I thinking of tacos?). Pepperjack cheese, I'm not familiar with. However, I very much trust yer cooking skills, and yer family is very lucky to have you making their meals.

NYYF Legend

With your right hand, grab a bottle of your favorite brew.
    With your left hand, pick up a church key
    bring the left hand to the top of the bottle in your right hand.
    Using the church key carefully uncap the brew
    bring the brew to your mouth, swallow a few times

For a garnishment add one ounce of your favorite vodka (or other spirit) to a glass.
    Add one ice cube
    Drink.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

That's good! You must have been dreading what you might walk into!

NYYF Legend

I think blue cheese seems like the natural choice, since its usually what is served with hot wings. Mozz doesn't seem like it would go, imo.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I like the blue cheese but try it with the mozz. I'm sure either way is good. And def use Franks sauce if you can find it. This is my favorite recipe except I usually eat so much, I don't have room for anything else.
    I think blue cheese seems like the natural choice, since its usually what is served with hot wings. Mozz doesn't seem like it would go, imo.
    I bought blue cheese and Frank's at lunchtime today. I was being selfish since I love mozzarella.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks View Post
    I bought blue cheese and Frank's at lunchtime today. I was being selfish since I love mozzarella.
    I love mozzarella, too.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Thread Information