+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Once Again, It's Brad's Annual Supa Dupa Bowl Thread (complete w/Recipes, Natcherly)

Once again, boyz, girlz, weedle children of all ages ... and Muggsy!!!

We have here the most Supa Dupa-est thread alive. We'll need some food, beer, etc. Salsa & Chips (Cruz-style), Wingz, Hot Dobs, Pizza, Beer, Dips & Chips, Celery and Carrots ... and some half-time entertainment.

We'll need, of course, our very most favoritest participants (willing or not).

Ally, Trishie (Evil or not), Karen, Billie Jeanne, Gringa, Li'l Sis, Vicki, Danielle, Muggsy, Steve, JL, Kevinambi ... and who-evah else wishes to join in and post recipes ... and dig in.

Bricka-Bracka Fire-Cracka, sis-boom bah. GIANTS, GIANTS, RAH-RAH-RAH!!!

Beat the Patsies, have a parade!!!

Now then, let's all git up on the gittins, and the gittins is sure gonna be good!!!
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Re: Once Again, It's Brad's Annual Supa Dupa Bowl Thread (complete w/Recipes, Natcher

I'm trying this tomorrow:
    http://mykitchenapron.blogspot.com/2...o-chicken.html

(..... as suggested / found on page 995 of our "menu" thread)

I may halve the Hot sauce , and substitute half of a jar of pineapple salsa, but follow the rest of the recipe. We'll see.

Bought some small size sour-dough rolls to put the chicken on, and some cheddar cheese to grate on top.
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

NYYF Legend

Re: Once Again, It's Brad's Annual Supa Dupa Bowl Thread (complete w/Recipes, Natcher

One of hubby and Nick's favorite snacks is a mixture of chopped jalapenos, with juice (from the jar) mixed well with cream cheese. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors meld. Serve with tortillas chips. Simple but yummy.

Recipe for Pizza:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    2. Call for pizza.
    3. Pick up pizza.
    4. Turn off oven.
    5. Eat pizza.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Superbowl weekend is a big thing over there, never realised it was such a big event.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Recipe for Pizza:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    2. Call for pizza.
    3. Pick up pizza.
    4. Turn off oven.
    5. Eat pizza.
    Wot? No 'shrooms? Sausage & peppers on the pizza? Oh, and some fresh mozzarella.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Wot? No 'shrooms? Sausage & peppers on the pizza? Oh, and some fresh mozzarella.
    Any topping requests would be included in step 2.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    Superbowl weekend is a big thing over there, never realised it was such a big event.
    Where are ya andd wot are ya eatin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Any topping requests would be included in step 2.
    Let's maake this pizza a SAMMICH!!!

Chicken, eggplant, 'shrooms, peppers, onion, meat-a-ballz-a, and wot-evah can be added on later.

This will be ... mah very most favoritest Supa Dupa Belly Busta Ultra-Deluxe Pizza!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    One of hubby and Nick's favorite snacks is a mixture of chopped jalapenos, with juice (from the jar) mixed well with cream cheese. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours so the flavors meld. Serve with tortillas chips. Simple but yummy.
    Karen, welcome.

I'm simply of the not mixing acid w/cheese philosophy. How does that taste? I've never tried it before?

Now where's Mistah Cawfee w/that thar beef jerky thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by smr15 View Post
    I'm trying this tomorrow:
    http://mykitchenapron.blogspot.com/2...o-chicken.html

(..... as suggested / found on page 995 of our "menu" thread)

I may halve the Hot sauce , and substitute half of a jar of pineapple salsa, but follow the rest of the recipe. We'll see.

Bought some small size sour-dough rolls to put the chicken on, and some cheddar cheese to grate on top.
    Sue, how are ya? Was this being made as a meal or a sandwich?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Karen, welcome.

I'm simply of the not mixing acid w/cheese philosophy. How does that taste? I've never tried it before?

Now where's Mistah Cawfee w/that thar beef jerky thingy?
    It's very tasty. You've never had pepperjack cheese or queso (cheese sauce with peppers)? Same idea, really.

NYYF Legend

Boyfriend is making a roast beef dinner and I'm doing the appetizers. I think I'm making an avocado salsa and pigs in a blanket...I love those things!
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

I'm probably going to have a movie marathon since I have no interest in the superbowl. I planned on ordering pizza later, like Kevin. Although I don't plan on preheating any oven. I'll assume the pizza place will deliver it hot.
    You can't get a sun-tan on the moon.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF HOF

Spicy pulled pork
    Buffalo chicken balls
    Jalapeno popper spread with french bread
    Cheese and crackers
    lots of booze

Have fun everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    It's very tasty. You've never had pepperjack cheese or queso (cheese sauce with peppers)? Same idea, really.
    I'll take yer word fer it. I love my cheeses, but they don't seem to luv me right back, unfortunately (lactose intolerance).

I've heard of jack cheese, since I think that people use this or sharp cheddar in a mac 'n' cheese (or was I thinking of tacos?). Pepperjack cheese, I'm not familiar with. However, I very much trust yer cooking skills, and yer family is very lucky to have you making their meals.

NYYF Legend

With your right hand, grab a bottle of your favorite brew.
    With your left hand, pick up a church key
    bring the left hand to the top of the bottle in your right hand.
    Using the church key carefully uncap the brew
    bring the brew to your mouth, swallow a few times

For a garnishment add one ounce of your favorite vodka (or other spirit) to a glass.
    Add one ice cube
    Drink.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Franks Buffalo Chicken dip - my fav app!

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
    1/2 cup FRANK'S Buffalo Wing Sauce
    1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
    chicken (boil and cut up)

DIRECTIONS:

HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
    MIX in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
    BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Serve with crackers or vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    With your right hand, grab a bottle of your favorite brew.
    With your left hand, pick up a church key
    bring the left hand to the top of the bottle in your right hand.
    Using the church key carefully uncap the brew
    bring the brew to your mouth, swallow a few times

For a garnishment add one ounce of your favorite vodka (or other spirit) to a glass.
    Add one ice cube
    Drink.

Andy
    Andy, even I can follow that recipe. Cheers!!!

NYYF Legend

Watching the game by my friend's house and I volunteered to order the food from the awesome kosher butcher in town -

- spicy burgers
    - spicy hot dogs
    - marinated chicken wings
    - steaks
    - beef skewers
    - chicken skewers
    - hard salami (goes great on the grill)

NYYF Legend

That was nice of you Sey.

I turned town two Super Bowl party offers because I need to really pay attention to the game and I wouldn't be able to do that and be social ...

so no recipes for me Brad - but when my friends and I were in Brooklyn yesterday at Spumoni
    Gardens, I got two slices of their famous sicilian pizza that I'll be trying later today. yum.

also have other snacks around..go Giants!
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" ...Frank Costanza

NYYF Legend

where's muggs? did he come back from France? how can we have a supa dupa super bowl thread without muggs?
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" ...Frank Costanza

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    That was nice of you Sey.

I turned town two Super Bowl party offers because I need to really pay attention to the game and I wouldn't be able to do that and be social ...

so no recipes for me Brad - but when my friends and I were in Brooklyn yesterday at Spumoni
    Gardens, I got two slices of their famous sicilian pizza that I'll be trying later today. yum.

also have other snacks around..go Giants!
    Hey, I never said I was paying!

Spumoni!!! My fave pizza of all time! Best squares ever. I live 15 minutes away from there.

OK - got my carrot sticks, celery and vinegar, 100-calorie kettle popcorn and a 6-pack of diet Dr. Pepper. I'm all set!
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    where's muggs? did he come back from France? how can we have a supa dupa super bowl thread without muggs?
    Unfortunately, Muggs lost all of his luggage and his wallet was stolen. He's asking all his friends and family to wire money so he can buy a plane ticket home.
    Let the kids play.

Thread Information