+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: The Real World/The Challenge Thread

Two more teams down. I hope we don't get jipped here.

Sad to see Leroy go, guy is cool. Kinda suprised Paula didn't throw in Jasmin and Tyree.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Yeah, they are down two episodes now. I'm not liking that.

Sad to see Leroy go, but very happy to be done with Naomi. She really bugged me.

I love when they have challenges that show how dumb these people are. Now granted if I was on those platforms I'd probably have brain freeze too, but I still laugh at them getting silly things wrong - and TJ's enjoyment of launching them 30ft.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I love when they have challenges that show how dumb these people are. Now granted if I was on those platforms I'd probably have brain freeze too, but I still laugh at them getting silly things wrong - and TJ's enjoyment of launching them 30ft.
    I worked for a game show for three years. I would often be used as a test contestant in the morning. Even with no money and no audience, your mind goes completely blank unless you are 100% sure of the answer. It's incredibly nerve racking.

CT and Diem love each other.

Robin is so awkward it's hard to watch. How old is Mark?

Quote Originally Posted by PettittesPrincess View Post
    Robin is so awkward it's hard to watch. How old is Mark?
    Robin saying she's not crazy tells you all you need to know about her. I had such a crush on her during her initial run on Real World.

Mark was born in 1971 and I already know I have no chance of looking that ripped when I'm 41.

It's amazing the change in CT over the past few years. He's a new man. He has clearly gone through some therapy.

There's a podcast with Bill Simmons and his friend about reality TV. They spend the first 25 minutes on The Bachelor, but then they get in to this show. They bring up a lot of good points as to why this season isn't as good as the past. Worth listening to.

NYYF Legend

There's a podcast with Bill Simmons and his friend about reality TV. They spend the first 25 minutes on The Bachelor, but then they get in to this show. They bring up a lot of good points as to why this season isn't as good as the past. Worth listening to.
    This is the fourth episode and they have dropped two really good players (Abe and Wes) because of the DQ's.

Also, it's really unfair to have teams of bitter ex's going against teams of people who are still together.

I am not sure Wes counts as a really good player anymore (though I find him entertaining).

Finale this week. All in all this has been a so-so season. I think they took all the alcohol out of the house so that cut down on the crazy factor that made the show so fun. Yes they still went out, but it's not the same as 14 drunk idiots in a house.

This final challenge is ridiculous. I have no idea how they're going to top this next year. They definitely earn their money on this show.

Go CT & Diem!

NYYF Legend

Finale this week. All in all this has been a so-so season. I think they took all the alcohol out of the house so that cut down on the crazy factor that made the show so fun. Yes they still went out, but it's not the same as 14 drunk idiots in a house.

This final challenge is ridiculous. I have no idea how they're going to top this next year. They definitely earn their money on this show.

Go CT & Diem!
    I think as the challenge difficulties have gone up, the alcohol has lessened. Also, some of these people are getting up there in age. The younger cast tends to be the ones doing stupid things and they get picked off early because the veterans don't like dealing with that. I know the challenges used to have "dark days" where there was no real taping. I'm guessing they still have that. There has to be 3-4 days between the challenges at least.

I would like to see them revamp this show a little bit. The "face-offs" at the end of each episode are getting a little stale. I would love to see Ronnie and JWow on one of these shows, but I don't think it's too realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah View Post
    I think as the challenge difficulties have gone up, the alcohol has lessened. Also, some of these people are getting up there in age. The younger cast tends to be the ones doing stupid things and they get picked off early because the veterans don't like dealing with that. I know the challenges used to have "dark days" where there was no real taping. I'm guessing they still have that. There has to be 3-4 days between the challenges at least.

I would like to see them revamp this show a little bit. The "face-offs" at the end of each episode are getting a little stale. I would love to see Ronnie and JWow on one of these shows, but I don't think it's too realistic.
    Jersey Shore people would absolutely be kicked off first.

If you get rid of the face offs the show will be boring. Would you just vote people out? I know there can be drama in that, but it's not my cup of tea.

Not sure how to fix the show. Maybe have an entire cast of people from recent Real World seasons that are new to the Challenge with 2 vet team captains (Johnny and Ev or something).

Finale this week. All in all this has been a so-so season. I think they took all the alcohol out of the house so that cut down on the crazy factor that made the show so fun.
    I wonder if this is true?

Go CT & Diem!
    Agreed, seems like this is the roughest finale yet. But at the very least I think the three most physically strong teams are the one that made it to the finale so I was glad about that.

I would be happy with either CT & Diem or Emily and Ty winning. In a related note I was flipping the channels the other day and I saw Diem on True Hollywood Story. She is some kind of entertainment reporter. Nice to know she has a real job.

I would like to see them revamp this show a little bit. The "face-offs" at the end of each episode are getting a little stale.
    I would like to see them do a second version of The Island, which I think was the season with the most backstabbing because of the format.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    I wonder if this is true?

Agreed, seems like this is the roughest finale yet. But at the very least I think the three most physically strong teams are the one that made it to the finale so I was glad about that.

I would be happy with either CT & Diem or Emily and Ty winning. In a related note I was flipping the channels the other day and I saw Diem on True Hollywood Story. She is some kind of entertainment reporter. Nice to know she has a real job.
    Well there was no drunk pool party this season. They showed them out at clubs a lot more so I think they banned liquor from the house.

I really don't like Emily. Didn't like her on the Real World. I don't like her cocky attitude. I think she should have been sent home for the black face stunt which was way worse than Chazz Bono pulling whathername's "shirt" open for a second.

NYYF Legend

Jersey Shore people would absolutely be kicked off first.

If you get rid of the face offs the show will be boring. Would you just vote people out? I know there can be drama in that, but it's not my cup of tea.

Not sure how to fix the show. Maybe have an entire cast of people from recent Real World seasons that are new to the Challenge with 2 vet team captains (Johnny and Ev or something).
    I'm not saying get rid of the face-offs, I'm saying re-vamp them. Maybe one-on-one-on-one? Something different. The show isn't broken, it's just becoming stale.

The island was a nice idea, but I didn't really care for that season. I remember the whole season was Ev getting screwed over by Johnny, and then Johnny and Ev teaming to win.

I really don't like Emily. Didn't like her on the Real World. I don't like her cocky attitude. I think she should have been sent home for the black face stunt which was way worse than Chazz Bono pulling whathername's "shirt" open for a second.
    See I actually really like Emily, I think she is a genuine person. And I do think she had no clue about black face given her sheltered background. And honestly, I bet a lot of people that age don't really know about black face since that was a thing from about 90 years ago.

Ty forgave her so that is good enough for me.

What that fat tub did to Mandi was different. The show has always very strict about unwanted physical contact.

NYYF Legend

See I actually really like Emily, I think she is a genuine person. And I do think she had no clue about black face given her sheltered background. And honestly, I bet a lot of people that age don't really know about black face since that was a thing from about 90 years ago.

Ty forgave her so that is good enough for me.

What that fat tub did to Mandi was different. The show has always very strict about unwanted physical contact.
    I like Emily too. In a show filled with some poor quality people, she seems pretty real.

What Vinny did was a whole other thing. The girls will probably rally around Mandi and claim they are uncomfortable around him. I bet his days on these challenges are over.

I like Emily too. In a show filled with some poor quality people, she seems pretty real.

What Vinny did was a whole other thing. The girls will probably rally around Mandi and claim they are uncomfortable around him. I bet his days on these challenges are over.
    I agree he will not (and should not) be back on those shows again. Emily is just way too cocky and full of herself for my liking.

NYYF Legend

I agree he will not (and should not) be back on those shows again. Emily is just way too cocky and full of herself for my liking.
    Her cockyness isn't over the top, so I'm ok with it.

Plus she is an absolute beast.

Boooo Johnny wins again. I am impressed with Camilla though, she did alot better on that challenge than I thought because that challenge was NOT easy.

Surprised and disappointed at how gassed CT got. Now CT and Diem need to go off and get married.

NYYF Legend

Boooo Johnny wins again. I am impressed with Camilla though, she did alot better on that challenge than I thought because that challenge was NOT easy.

Surprised and disappointed at how gassed CT got. Now CT and Diem need to go off and get married.
    Not a Johnny fan at all, sad to see him win. I also think it's lame a team that isn't really exes won.

I liked Diem going into this season, but not after it. She comes across very fake.

I got all caught up with the marathon yesterday.
    I kind of like the crazy and they should bring the alcohol back because it was sort of boring.

I wanted Emily and Ty to win but oh well Johnny and Camilla had a great run.

I'm an Abram fan wish he stuck around longer.

I like Johnny and Camila, but wanted CT & Diem to win.

I'm not surprised that CT got gassed, like he said running through snow is hard, especially when you're 220lbs of muscle and smoke 2 packs a day.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...bananas-and-ct
    On the heels of a grueling finale on MTVís The Challenge, it felt like time to put the Johnny Bananas bat signal up for a podcast. Always a fantastic guest, here are some takeaways from my half-hour with Bananas:

The final challenge is harder than you think it is;
    Filming the show is more boring than you think it is;
    Robin is crazier than you think she is;
    He parties just as much as you think he does.

As if that werenít enough, at the end of the pod he passed the mic to fellow Challenge legend CT. Enjoy.

Thread Information