+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Yankees Universe MMXII

Re: Yankees Universe MMXII

Are the field tickets offered at the MVP level good for field MVP? On weekends?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    Are the field tickets offered at the MVP level good for field MVP? On weekends?
    Yeah, any non-premium game of the year in Field MVP. If they enforce will call only as stated in the terms then you can't resell them so plan on using them.

I'm going to wait it out until mid season. Last July they dropped the price by $100 on the MVP plan. If they do it again then I'm in

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post

I'm going to wait it out until mid season. Last July they dropped the price by $100 on the MVP plan. If they do it again then I'm in
    That's what I'm going to do too. The MVP package says "Field level seats" though and does not specify MVP section. Last year it did specify the field level seats were MVP. Are we sure the tickets we're getting here are in the MVP section?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Are we sure the tickets we're getting here are in the MVP section?

Can we assume that means Field MVP? or is the "level" referring to the fan club tier

NYYF Cy Young

Is there any update to this? People who bought Universe MVP, where are the field level seats? Are they Field MVP?
    Last edited by yankeesrule; 04-19-12 at 01:34 PM.

Addicted Member

I am unsure as well, but my take after looking at this is that they are referring to MVP level only receives tickets as opposed to the explorer and rookie levels.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Operation 28

NYYF Cy Young

Can we assume that means Field MVP? or is the "level" referring to the fan club tier
    Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    I am unsure as well, but my take after looking at this is that they are referring to MVP level only receives tickets as opposed to the explorer and rookie levels.
    I certainly read "MVP Level" to mean the level of Yankees Universe membership. And right before that it states "Field level tickets" Nowhere does it specificatlly state that these include or exclude MVP Field Level seats.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jross9389 View Post
    So I ordered the Yankee Universe MVP package which comes with a ticketmaster code that can only be used once to get two Field MVP tickets to any non-premium game. Basically all games are ok including weekends except Red Sox and Mets. I did this last year as well and its really easy to order the tickets, all you have to do is put in the code on the ticketmaster page and choose the Field MVP section, and choose the $0 option for the tickets. My wife and I just had our second child and I don't think we're going to make it to the stadium this year so I'm selling the code for $200. Alternatively I could order the tickets for you but i'd have to take your information and your credit card which I doubt people are all that comfortable with. The tickets are will call pick up only. There are tons of Field MVP seats even for weekend summer games still available, they have a face value of over $300 each. Payment is with Paypal to protect both of us and if you're interested email Joe at jross9389@yahoo.com. Thanks!
    So, looks like the comp seats are indeed Field MVP . Also looks like they're enforcing will call pick up only, so you can't get PDF tickets

So, looks like the comp seats are indeed Field MVP . Also looks like they're enforcing will call pick up only, so you can't get PDF tickets
    Someone in another thread trying to sell the seats he got for joining...

Does anyone remember about when they started discounting the Yankees Universe memberships last year?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMertz View Post
    Does anyone remember about when they started discounting the Yankees Universe memberships last year?
    mid July

A treat for all Yankee fans...

Hello to all my fellow Yankee fans. I just wanted to invite you to check out my recently-released book entitled "The 50 Greatest Players in New York Yankees History." If you are a true fan of the team, I think you will enjoy reading it very much. My book is currently available on Amazon and Barnes&Noble.com in both hardcover and ebook format. Thank you for your time, and have a nice day. Best Wishes, Bob Cohen

Re: A treat for all Yankee fans...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyc040856 View Post
    Hello to all my fellow Yankee fans. I just wanted to invite you to check out my recently-released book entitled "The 50 Greatest Players in New York Yankees History." If you are a true fan of the team, I think you will enjoy reading it very much. My book is currently available on Amazon and Barnes&Noble.com in both hardcover and ebook format. Thank you for your time, and have a nice day. Best Wishes, Bob Cohen
    Is there a lot of spam in the Spam, Spam, Spam, book and Spam?

Now the MVP membership includes "buy 2 get 4" for up to 10 games.
    I couldn't find which 10 games are eligible, but this sort-of matches the coupons that came with season tickets.

NYYF Legend

I couldn't find which 10 games are eligible, but this sort-of matches the coupons that came with season tickets.
    I'm still waiting for the 50% price reduction in MVP level membership

Funny how that membership tier always has a "limited quantities" footnote yet never seems to sell out

NYYF Cy Young

Wait, is this saying that if you buy two tickets through Yankees.com you get 2 free for up to 10 games? so you're essentially getting 20 free tickets if you use this? That can't be right.

The buy 2, get 4 deal expires 6/30 (see the fine print on the web page describing the offers), so I assumed it refers to the next homestand......

Cheers!
    -Doug

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    The buy 2, get 4 deal expires 6/30 (see the fine print on the web page describing the offers), so I assumed it refers to the next homestand......

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Yeah, sneaky sneaky:

Yankees Universe MVP Buy 2, Get 2 Ticket Offer *
    As an extra membership benefit, the Yankees would like to offer you a special Buy 2, Get 2 ticketing opportunity.

For 10 upcoming games, when you purchase two (2) tickets, you will receive two (2) complimentary tickets for that same game. All four (4) tickets will be together.

Four consecutive seats must be purchased in order to take advantage of this offer. With the purchase of four tickets for the same game, each ticket will be issued at a face value of 50 percent off.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/f...se_details.jsp

So good against Atlanta, Cleveland or ChiSox (weekend series). Something is not right though, because 10 games would take us through 7/1, but the offer says "Expires 6/30/12". Maybe you have until the 30th to get the benefits of 2 for 1 tickets up to the 1st of July?

NYYF Cy Young

Yeah, sneaky sneaky:

Yankees Universe MVP Buy 2, Get 2 Ticket Offer *
    As an extra membership benefit, the Yankees would like to offer you a special Buy 2, Get 2 ticketing opportunity.

For 10 upcoming games, when you purchase two (2) tickets, you will receive two (2) complimentary tickets for that same game. All four (4) tickets will be together.

Four consecutive seats must be purchased in order to take advantage of this offer. With the purchase of four tickets for the same game, each ticket will be issued at a face value of 50 percent off.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/f...se_details.jsp

So good against Atlanta, Cleveland or ChiSox (weekend series). Something is not right though, because 10 games would take us through 7/1, but the offer says "Expires 6/30/12". Maybe you have until the 30th to get the benefits of 2 for 1 tickets up to the 1st of July?
    I doubt Old Timers Day is included in this deal... my guess is this deal was originally up through 7/1, then someone realized 7/1 was OTD so the date was changed to 6/30, but they forgot to change the number of games from 10 to 9.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Maybe you have to purchase by 6/30, but the selection of games extends into July?

Are they now offering steep discounts for weekend games?

NYYF Legend

No discounts yet, last year they did it around July 18. So they may not slash prices this year. Has anyone who signed up for MVP gotten their tickets yet? Did you have to pick up at will call or could you have them mailed

Have any of these packages granted postseason presale rights in the past?

NYYF Legend

Guess there's no discount this year. I'm personally not going to be a buyer at $295

NYYF Legend

Whether they intentionally limited supply or not, the MVP membership sold out this September:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/f...m/universe.jsp

Can anyone who got one of these confirm that they had to pick up their Field seats at will call and could not have them shipped?

Thread Information