+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2012 Countdown to Pitchers and Catchers

Quote Originally Posted by azzurribaggio View Post
    Sprint training officially here!!!!

Attachment 20827
    A-Rod should slow down. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Not that I want Damon over anyone else, but I wouldn't mind some more of this at least.
    swisher and damon ftw.jpgnick-swisher-johnny-damon.jpg

CC
    Kuroda
    Nova
    Pineda
    Hughes

Nova earned the #2 spot IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Nova earned the #2 spot IMHO
    I'm a firm believer that unless you're lining up for the playoffs, there is very, very little meaning to the question of who's #2 in your rotation. IMHO, every year people obsess about this kind of stuff for no apparent reason.

The important takeaway from the previous post is that he's predicting Garcia will be the odd man out when the rotation is set. And that's the much more interesting question for the Yankees to answer.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I'm a firm believer that unless you're lining up for the playoffs, there is very, very little meaning to the question of who's #2 in your rotation. IMHO, every year people obsess about this kind of stuff for no apparent reason.

The important takeaway from the previous post is that he's predicting Garcia will be the odd man out when the rotation is set. And that's the much more interesting question for the Yankees to answer.
    Exactly. Very little meaning in the batting order as well.

Hughes will have an advantage based on his age for the fifth spot. He will really need to show nothing to not get it. From what I remember, Garcia never historically does well in ST.

That said, everything would need to work out perfect and no one have any set backs for Garcia not to be in the rotation. Yankee fans should hope Garcia is not in the rotation when they head north. It means everything went right in regards to Pitching in ST.
    You know they are not real pies, right?

"I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

NYYF Legend

its finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoux101 View Post
    Exactly. Very little meaning in the batting order as well.

Hughes will have an advantage based on his age for the fifth spot. He will really need to show nothing to not get it. From what I remember, Garcia never historically does well in ST.

That said, everything would need to work out perfect and no one have any set backs for Garcia not to be in the rotation. Yankee fans should hope Garcia is not in the rotation when they head north. It means everything went right in regards to Pitching in ST.

I'd rather have Garcia than Hughes

How come? (Not being a dick)

I like Garcia but I don't understand why you would prefer him over Hughes? Again, I meant Hughes shows up to ST and performs not being handed the job.
    You know they are not real pies, right?

"I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

You've given up on Hughes then?

I think we now have a rotation capable of letting Hughes pitch a full year. I would give him the spot right out of ST.

The Yankees never give pitchers the chance to stink for a few years, which a lot of them need to do.
    Team Northern Lights

He's sucked for 2 years, imo.

He's sucked for 2 years, imo.
    He didn't suck in 2010.
    Team Northern Lights

He sucked in half of 2010. The latter half. And all of last year. I've given up on him. I'd be more than happy for Hughes to prove me wrong. But, for me, as it stands, Garcia plz.

Forum Regular

I'd rather Garcia as well. He has ten times the pitching smarts than Hughes does and unless Phil has regained his nasty stuff, the sweaty one is a guarantee to be more consistent than Phil.

For the record, Phil seems much better out of the pen than as a starter iMHO.

Hughes looks in AMAZING shape. Guess he worked out hard.

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryankees View Post
    CC
    Kuroda
    Nova
    Pineda
    Hughes
    No way Pineda is number 4.

CC
    Pineda
    Nova
    Kuroda
    Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoux101 View Post
    How come? (Not being a dick)

I like Garcia but I don't understand why you would prefer him over Hughes? Again, I meant Hughes shows up to ST and performs not being handed the job.
    While its not what i would like to see i expect that to be the case. The truth is Garcia pitched worse than Colon in ST last season yet beat him into the rotation primarily because it takes him so long to warm up we didn't see him as a Bullpen option. I expect to see the same thing happen this season. Hughes has proven ability coming out of the bullpen and those reservations about Garcia in the Bullpen will surely still be there.

apparently we have jamie moyer in camp
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    While its not what i would like to see i expect that to be the case. The truth is Garcia pitched worse than Colon in ST last season yet beat him into the rotation primarily because it takes him so long to warm up we didn't see him as a Bullpen option. I expect to see the same thing happen this season. Hughes has proven ability coming out of the bullpen and those reservations about Garcia in the Bullpen will surely still be there.
    Looking at the bigger picture I think the Yankees look at Phil (should he not utterly suck in ST) as part of out starting rotation for hopefully years to come and will give him every opportunity to take the 5th spot.

I view Garcia more of a spot starter, insurance and depth in case of injury to a starter, and possibly long relief just to give him some work between spot starts. We'll see.

NYYF Legend

You guys do know that pitchers and catchers reported three days ago, right?

Thread Information