+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLVI

Hybrid View

Super Bowl XLVI

After the Steelers I have no favorites............but I am an AFC fan.........Go Pats!http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/46

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Re: Super Bowl XLVI

NYYF Legend

I will just sit back and enjoy the game.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Based oh how this season has gone, since the Giants previously lost to Green Bay and San Fran then beat them in the playoffs, they beat the Pats in the regular season so they'll lose this time.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Based oh how this season has gone, since the Giants previously lost to Green Bay and San Fran then beat them in the playoffs, they beat the Pats in the regular season so they'll lose this time.
    OR...they played well against GB the first time they played, and BETTER the second time. They played well against SF the first time they played, and BETTER the second time. They played well against New England the first time they played, and hopefully even BETTER the second time.

NYYF HOF

No matter who you're rooting for, I think we can all agree that 2 weeks is too damn long to wait.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    No matter who you're rooting for, I think we can all agree that 2 weeks is too damn long to wait.
    A million percent yes! Enough of this useless bye. Just throw everyone into the fire and get it over with. The 2 week delay is a joke, and nobody is going to start watching the pro bowl even if they squeeze it in between

As a NYG fan after that game last Sunday, Im glad they have an extra week to rest after that game.

NYYF Legend

Yeah I liked 1990 when there was no media/bye week. But it does give teams a little time to get healthy and doesn't disadvatnage teams like the Giants who had to travel cross country.

As for the regular season rematch. By my count this is 12th. In the prior 11 the team that LOST the regular season matchup is 7-4 in the SB. Probably too small a sample to draw conclusions but past results would favor the Pats in two weeks.

That said

Go Giants!

NYYF Triple Crown

Every Superbowl that the Giants won, they played that same team during that regular season. (Not all were wins)

The Superbowl that they lost to Ravens, they did not play them during that regular season.

This would lead one to look at the fact that we already played NE during this regular season as playing towards a favorable Superbowl outcome for the Giants.
    So you can turn that frown upside down, we got this!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Every Superbowl that the Giants won, they played that same team during that regular season. (Not all were wins)

The Superbowl that they lost to Ravens, they did not play them during that regular season.

This would lead one to look at the fact that we already played NE during this regular season as playing towards a favorable Superbowl outcome for the Giants.
    I like the way you think!

And in those three wins, the NY Giants won both the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl against teams they played during the regular season.

1986: Beat the Redskins in the NFC title game after sweeping the season series in the regular season and beat the Broncos in Super Bowl XXI after beating them in Week 12 19-16 at Giants Stadium.

1990: Beat the 49ers in the NFC title game 15-13 at Candlestick after losing to them in Week 13 7-3 and beat the Bills in Super Bowl XXV after losing to the Bills in Week 15 at Giants Stadium 17-13.

2007: Beat the Packers in the NFC title game 23-20 in OT after the Packers hammered the Giants 35-13 in Week 2 and beat the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII 17-14 after the Patriots beat them 38-35 in Week 17.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    And in those three wins, the NY Giants won both the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl against teams they played during the regular season.

1986: Beat the Redskins in the NFC title game after sweeping the season series in the regular season and beat the Broncos in Super Bowl XXI after beating them in Week 12 19-16 at Giants Stadium.

1990: Beat the 49ers in the NFC title game 15-13 at Candlestick after losing to them in Week 13 7-3 and beat the Bills in Super Bowl XXV after losing to the Bills in Week 15 at Giants Stadium 17-13.

2007: Beat the Packers in the NFC title game 23-20 in OT after the Packers hammered the Giants 35-13 in Week 2 and beat the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII 17-14 after the Patriots beat them 38-35 in Week 17.
    Well there you go. Piece o' cake!

NYYF Triple Crown

True.

the 1986 Giants beat the Broncos 19-16 in the reg. season and then beat them in Super Bowl XXI 39-20.

Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    For the second time in recent memory I will not be exclusively focused on my...wagering this SB. GO GIANTS!!!!

Here is my Saints fan's friend's Libby all dressed up for the game. LOL.

Attachment 20729
    awww, Libby is so cute! I want her!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Please, PLEASE let the Giants win.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    True.

the 1986 Giants beat the Broncos 19-16 in the reg. season and then beat them in Super Bowl XXI 39-20.
    I cant take another SB that goes down to the wire.

I enjoyed the last two post...............too funny

For the second time in recent memory I will not be exclusively focused on my...wagering this SB. GO GIANTS!!!!

Here is my Saints fan's friend's Libby all dressed up for the game. LOL.

libby giant.jpg

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Please, PLEASE let the Giants win.

NYYF Legend

I heard Tony Dungy say he wouldn't be surprise if Belichick doubled both Nicks & Cruz.

Interesting.

I think that's risky.

Their DBs aren't good at all. We've seen Cruz and at times Nicks, beat the double teams. Asking guys who aren't that good to begin with, to double team elite receivers, is recipe for disaster. imo

The Cowboy DBs aren't good either. In that last game vs Cowboys, there were times Cruz beat the double team.

Plain and simple. The Giants should score points in this game. The Patriot defense isn't as good/talented as even the Falcons or GreenBay.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I heard Tony Dungy say he wouldn't be surprise if Belichick doubled both Nicks & Cruz.

Interesting.

I think that's risky.

Their DBs aren't good at all. We've seen Cruz and at times Nicks, beat the double teams. Asking guys who aren't that good to begin with, to double team elite receivers, is recipe for disaster. imo

The Cowboy DBs aren't good either. In that last game vs Cowboys, there were times Cruz beat the double team.

Plain and simple. The Giants should score points in this game. The Patriot defense isn't as good/talented as even the Falcons or GreenBay.

Great, they still have manningham, Ballard and even hynoski as a fall back if Belichik uses 2b coverage on those two. The good thing for NYG is even if Cruz & Nicks are both doubled they have the potential for major yards after the catch.

We will all go with one or the other.It all comes down to the Quarterbacks in my view.When Tom Brady is on it, is pretty much over.I will go with the odds and 3 points New England.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeayankeefan View Post
    We will all go with one or the other.It all comes down to the Quarterbacks in my view.When Tom Brady is on it, is pretty much over.I will go with the odds and 3 points New England.
    They need you on Munday Nite Fotball Mike Sticky.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...02/07/gigapan/

Super Bowl Gigapan.
    The image is made up of 364 individual photos (28 across by 13 down) taken over a 37-minute span in the third quarter. The final high-resolution image is 73,636 x 23,384 pixels, or 1,721 megapixels.
    Can we find Xena?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...02/07/gigapan/

Super Bowl Gigapan.

Can we find Xena?
    It seems to cut off @ section 517. We were in section 518. Sadness.

Thread Information