+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLVI

NYYF Legend

Re: Super Bowl XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    The biggest difference I've noticed between Boston and New York fandom is the non-fans. In New York, if you don't give a crap about sports, you don't give a crap about sports. In New England, if you don't give a crap about sports, you still claim to be a life-long die-hard fan and give people crap for liking another team. To outsiders, it gives the impression of everyone being huge fans and Boston being this amazing sports town, but the longer you're here the easier it is to see through it. (to make it worse, they're all pretending to be huge fans of the same teams, whereas in New York, fandom is obviously divided).
    this is very true - agree completely. I made a comment to my ex once (who is a red sox fan and was from MA) -- when we'd visit the state, I'd ask why does almost every car have a Red Sox sticker -- or a teddy bear or a hat or something displayed? they can't all be huge fans - but it's just like you said..it's just odd.

Extractor

i hope we see a great game. but i will put my money on brade despite the fact the giants won two games gainst them this season..

NYYF Cy Young

Patriots release Tiquan Underwood on Eve Of Super Bowl

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...er-bowl-xlvi/1

Weird move by the Patriots. Maybe the kid did something he wasn't suppose to do; or Belichick feels he needs as many DE's as possible for the game. Or maybe he wants Chad Ochocinqo active. Either way it seems pretty cold to do this to the kid 1 day before the biggest game of his career and with his family probably in town to watch him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Patriots release Tiquan Underwood on Eve Of Super Bowl

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...er-bowl-xlvi/1

Weird move by the Patriots. Maybe the kid did something he wasn't suppose to do; or Belichick feels he needs as many DE's as possible for the game. Or maybe he wants Chad Ochocinqo active. Either way it seems pretty cold to do this to the kid 1 day before the biggest game of his career and with his family probably in town to watch him play.

Brutal, and it's been stated that it wasn't a disciplinary action.

He doesn't have the best hands - he never did at Rutgers either - and a few weeks back he dropped a sure TD (which resulted in one of Brady's little bitch-fits). But really, the eve of the Super Bowl?

Poor bastard...

What's the point in doing that? Not like they're going to grab someone off the streets to take his spot tomorrow. Didn't even know you could cut someone during the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees13 View Post
    What's the point in doing that? Not like they're going to grab someone off the streets to take his spot tomorrow. Didn't even know you could cut someone during the playoffs.
    DE Alex Silvestro (oddly enough, another Rutgers product) was added from their practice squad. Just bizarre that you'd cut one non-factor for another like that. At best Silvestro will see a few plays on special teams. God help me if he forces a crucial fumble or something, I won't be able to handle the Belichick knob-slobbing.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    DE Alex Silvestro (oddly enough, another Rutgers product) was added from their practice squad. Just bizarre that you'd cut one non-factor for another like that. At best Silvestro will see a few plays on special teams. God help me if he forces a crucial fumble or something, I won't be able to handle the Belichick knob-slobbing.
    I guess it's possible they're concerned about someone's health on the D-line, or that Belichik is trying to screw with the Giants...

Yeah, just saw that, didn't think about a practice squad add. Still bizarre to me. Belichick being Belichick I guess.

NYYF Cy Young

Brutal, and it's been stated that it wasn't a disciplinary action.

He doesn't have the best hands - he never did at Rutgers either - and a few weeks back he dropped a sure TD (which resulted in one of Brady's little bitch-fits). But really, the eve of the Super Bowl?

Poor bastard...

This is Belichick being Belichick. I wonder what trick he has under his sleeve. He's gonna try and be as physical as possible in this game so I'm guessing he wants as many fresh DE's as possible. Especially for the 2nd half. And maybe he sees a matchup that Silvertro can exploit. But to do it this way is just cruel.

I think the practice squad player replaces Gronkowski on STs, and they seemed to like Underwood enough to re-sign him for next season.

I think it will be a great game between two hot teams with prolific offenses and defenses who give up yards, but still make takeaways.

It's going to come down to turnovers, touchdowns off turnovers, red zone touchdowns and special teams including the kicking game.

Both teams want to make history, but only one will do it.

For the Patriots, Tom Brady will join Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw as quarterbacks who won four Super Bowls if they win. For the Giants, Eli Manning and Big Blue want to say that the third time is a charm for a 9-7 team to win a Super Bowl.

In a toss up, I say the Giants, but only just.

Giants 27, Patriots 24.

NYYF HOF

Let's hope Underwood doesn't make friends with a few Giants players

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    Let's hope Underwood doesn't make friends with a few Giants players
    I was hoping they do.

Can't wait for today...going to get a massage this morning and then I'll leave my zen mode and get amped up before the game. Go Giants!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by burtons View Post
    i hope we see a great game. but i will put my money on brade despite the fact the giants won two games gainst them this season..

What???

Are people really doubting if this guy's gonna play?

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    That's what toradol and pain killers are for. Pharmaceuticals are what makes the NFL great!

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post

His ankle's a lot more important than his head, though. He actually needs to use it.

The biggest difference I've noticed between Boston and New York fandom is the non-fans. In New York, if you don't give a crap about sports, you don't give a crap about sports. In New England, if you don't give a crap about sports, you still claim to be a life-long die-hard fan and give people crap for liking another team. To outsiders, it gives the impression of everyone being huge fans and Boston being this amazing sports town, but the longer you're here the easier it is to see through it. (to make it worse, they're all pretending to be huge fans of the same teams, whereas in New York, fandom is obviously divided).
    this is so true, at least as far as fans of New England teams go as I've never lived in NYC. The amount of Celtics and Bruins "lifers" who I knew for years but just recently discovered their fanhood in the last several years is something else!

His ankle's a lot more important than his head, though. He actually needs to use it.
    "Uhhhhh...yo soy fiesta."

I hope Boley puts a helmet on that ankle if he decides to play.

I've got the Patriots covering the spread and winning the game 30-17. And as you may or may not know - I'm always right about these things. Unless I'm wrong which does happen from time to time.

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I've got the Patriots covering the spread and winning the game 30-17. And as you may or may not know - I'm always right about these things. Unless I'm wrong which does happen from time to time.
    I see the Pats winning 27-17.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

That's what toradol and pain killers are for. Pharmaceuticals are what makes the NFL great!
    will you make it through the whole game?

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    will you make it through the whole game?
    Most likely. It will take me hours and hours, if not days, to come down from my Madonna halftime euphoria.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Most likely. It will take me hours and hours, if not days, to come down from my Madonna halftime euphoria.
    That reminds me -- I need to do the cat boxes during halftime

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    That reminds me -- I need to do the cat boxes during halftime
    She actually has a couple of songs I don't mind but I guarantee you they will not be the ones she performs at halftime.

Thread Information