+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLVI

Re: Super Bowl XLVI

These days, everyone would just talk about the ads on twitter/Facebook/Forums etc. Same effect...you dont need to be at work to discuss the game or your day.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    As soon as the Giants beat the 49ers I txtd my boss and said I was taking off the Monday after the SB.
    Well, if by some miracle my dad and I end up going to Indianapolis I will take Monday off too.

I've definitely taken that Monday off in the past--aka "calling out stupid" LOL. But the past couple of years we've maintained pretty well, despite the fact that we have a huge party at our house.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    I've only listened to D&C on EEI about the Giants and they seemed very concerned about them and not confident at all.
    All of them (D&C, Mutt/Merloni, Holley/Ordway) have reservations about the game. I think they share the sentiments of most rationale NE fans.

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    All of them (D&C, Mutt/Merloni, Holley/Ordway) have reservations about the game. I think they share the sentiments of most rationale NE fans.
    I very rarely have seen Brady get rattled....but in SB42 and in the Week 9 game this year...that Giants pass rush got into his head IMO. And as good as he is, he isnt someone that can move around and negate a big pass rush the way someone like Rodgers can. Brady is pretty stationary...so if you can hit him and get him out of his rhythm...thats how you can beat the Pats.

NYYF Legend

Giants get a pass rush on Brady. Blow out for the Giants.

Giants don't get a pass rush on Brady. High scoring game both ways.

NYYF HOF

Not sure if it will be a blowout, but I agree, if the Giants get a consistent pass rush, they should win.

I read somewhere that 65% of Brady's 36 pass attempts were thrown in under 2 seconds, or something close to that. I'm sure the plan will be somewhat similar here. Although, that also could have contributed to some of his inaccuracy.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I very rarely have seen Brady get rattled....but in SB42 and in the Week 9 game this year...that Giants pass rush got into his head IMO. And as good as he is, he isnt someone that can move around and negate a big pass rush the way someone like Rodgers can. Brady is pretty stationary...so if you can hit him and get him out of his rhythm...thats how you can beat the Pats.
    That's right, the only way you beat the Patriots is to give Brady a beat-down. Otherwise he'll hit any of half a dozen targets downfield repeatedly

NYYF Legend

Gronk's dad says he has the dreaded "high ankle sparin" but still should be able to go in SB.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Gronk's dad says he has the dreaded "high ankle sparin" but still should be able to go in SB.
    Guess that's one reason the Patriots will like that superbowl bye

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    Well, if by some miracle my dad and I end up going to Indianapolis I will take Monday off too.

I've definitely taken that Monday off in the past--aka "calling out stupid" LOL. But the past couple of years we've maintained pretty well, despite the fact that we have a huge party at our house.
    Last time NYG played I was up all night and had to go to work, that wont happen again.

Thats huge, Osi lost 4 games, Pierce missed something like 6 games in 2006. Herzlich is still out. Im not saying Gronk sits but it certainly takes on TE somewhat out of the pic.

NYYF MVP

Thats huge, Osi lost 4 games, Pierce missed something like 6 games in 2006. Herzlich is still out. Im not saying Gronk sits but it certainly takes on TE somewhat out of the pic.
    Maybe, but then you have the other side of the coin with Plax playing through that same injury in the '07 run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Maybe, but then you have the other side of the coin with Plax playing through that same injury in the '07 run.
    No football this Sunday is killing me.

NYYF Triple Crown

No football this Sunday is killing me.
    NFL Network is doing a marathon of all the half hour highlight shows of every Super Bowl starting Saturday morning and going all the way through Sunday.

So if you really need to scratch that itch, look up when the Giants ones are on at least and maybe that will suffice til next Sunday.

NYYF Legend

To be honest, Wilfork is the only one that concerns me on their defense.

If they're not going to get consistent pressure (ie.49ers in the second half) on Eli, he will pick that defense apart. Something similar to Green Bay. imo

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    To be honest, Wilfork is the only one that concerns me on their defense.

If they're not going to get consistent pressure (ie.49ers in the second half) on Eli, he will pick that defense apart. Something similar to Green Bay. imo
    Agreed, Wilfork is the only player I see disrupting the Giants' offense in any way. Given time, Eli will have a monster game. To me, the game is predicated on the Pats' offense vs. the Giants' defense because, IMO, the Giants' offense will move the ball at will.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees13 View Post
    Agreed, Wilfork is the only player I see disrupting the Giants' offense in any way. Given time, Eli will have a monster game. To me, the game is predicated on the Pats' offense vs. the Giants' defense because, IMO, the Giants' offense will move the ball at will.
    I think that's where the game will be decided too.

Gronkowski will play but he has a high ankle sprain. That will definitely slow him down.

It gets over looked but the Giants secondary has done a nice job of covering.

If they can get a pass rush and do a decent job of covering (decent job as in not allowing Gronkowski and Welker to go crazy) they will win.
    Also another thing to possibly watch out for.... If the Giants are consistently pressuring Brady, one of those TEs needs to stay and block. Which would take away from their offense.

NYYF Legend

Gronkowski will play but he has a high ankle sprain. That will definitely slow him down.
    nd Nicks has an AC joint sprain so that should even it out.

nd Nicks has an AC joint sprain so that should even it out.
    of course id take nicks with one arm against a WR playing CB all day

NYYF Legend

My new work schedule has me working Sunday overnights. Someone is going to be sick next Sunday morning.

NYYF Legend

I'm concerned about the quick passes they'll try to do. That's how they will avoid the pass rush. They're not really throw down the field a lot offense. Although I think they will take a shot here and there.

How do the Giants defend that?

I'm concerned about the quick passes they'll try to do. That's how they will avoid the pass rush. They're not really throw down the field a lot offense. Although I think they will take a shot here and there.

They just have to sack Brady before he throws the ball and hope for some lucky INTs.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    They just have to sack Brady before he throws the ball and hope for some lucky INTs.
    Well you can't sack him after he throws it.

Try to jam the receivers at the line and within 5 yards as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Try to jam the receivers at the line and within 5 yards as much as possible
    Yeah but this concerns me, if the officials let them play, good for us. If they start calling ticky tack stuff, could hurt us.. But then again, if they call the ticky tack stuff both ways, it will hurt the Pats as much because they won't be able to slow down or WR's at all then.

Thread Information