+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLVI

Re: Super Bowl XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    True.

the 1986 Giants beat the Broncos 19-16 in the reg. season and then beat them in Super Bowl XXI 39-20.
    I cant take another SB that goes down to the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    Oh, I agree. Especially on this end with Gronk and hopefully letting his ankle heal.

I'm just at a point now where I can't even turn on the radio, because they are already breaking it down/hyping it up. I can't handle another 11 days of it.
    Yes sports radio down here has been painful till atleast Wednesday next week

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    I cant take another SB that goes down to the wire.
    well being a die hard Giants fan I'll take a Giant blow out like v the Broncos. But I won't be happy if they get an epic beat down like the Ravens. Though honestly outside of fans of the Giants, Broncos and Ravens who really remembers those Super Bowls?

On the other hand, Scott Norwood wide right and David Tyree's epic helmet catch after the amzing Eli scramble and heave are etched in many football fan's minds so I'll take a game that goes down to the wire myself.

I mean, Rams-Titans was one of the worst superbowls for 58 minutes but who can forget the Titans coming up 6" short of the first OT in SB history?

Am I the only one who thinks the SB should be on a Saturday night? Having to go to work the next day after the SB is always one of the worst days of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the SB should be on a Saturday night? Having to go to work the next day after the SB is always one of the worst days of the year.
    I'm sure they've researched what time slot will provide the maximum ratings.

I just think the Monday after should be a holiday.

NYYF Legend

No you're not alone. I live in Hong Kong so I can't even watch the SB if I haven't applied leave.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    It is in this house hold..............

NYYF HOF

It's funny. I think deadspin had a poll, maybe taken from somewhere else that asked the same exact question. The vote was almost perfectly down the middle. People west of the Mississippi were fine with Sunday, people east wanted in Saturday. I almost always take it off, regardless. If the Pats lose, however, I'll probably go to work. I can't be sitting home all day watching highlights. lol

NYYF Legend

The NFL likes the water cooler talk at work the day right after so that non-football fans discuss the ads and drive up the value of their spots

NYYF Legend

Been listening to WEEI the last few days concerning the Tim Thomas issue and I'm starting to have a strong hatred for a-holes on that station..........

Almost everyone else who tries to listen to them does, too. Try 98.5 next time.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Starting to make it hard pulling the Pats.......

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Yeah Sports Hub >>>>>>>>>>>>> WEEI

NYYF Cy Young

You are definitely not alone in having thought of this. Several of my friends and relatives said they would favor this, too.
    I for one would like to see perhaps maybe a 7pmET Saturday night start, so even for the West Coast, 4pm is not unreasonable. The next day would be a nice recovery day for most that wouldn't have to work.

I doubt this will ever happen, though. "Super Bowl Sunday" is kind of ingrained in the tradition.

A lot of times if I go to a SB party at a friend's house, all the families with younger kids and school age kids end up having to leave before the game's even over because the next morning's an early school/work morning for them. The Dad doesn't want to leave in the middle of the game, but he has to.

I think it'd be pretty well-received if it ever did happen, but I doubt it ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    It's funny. I think deadspin had a poll, maybe taken from somewhere else that asked the same exact question. The vote was almost perfectly down the middle. People west of the Mississippi were fine with Sunday, people east wanted in Saturday. I almost always take it off, regardless. If the Pats lose, however, I'll probably go to work. I can't be sitting home all day watching highlights. lol
    The networks always bend over for the west coast, who couldnt give a crap about the actual game. 4pm on Sunday would be great.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Been listening to WEEI the last few days concerning the Tim Thomas issue and I'm starting to have a strong hatred for a-holes on that station..........
    what are they saying?

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

The networks always bend over for the west coast, who couldnt give a crap about the actual game. 4pm on Sunday would be great.
    It's not about the West coast -- it's about getting the game into prime time and having more viewers and advertising dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    As soon as the Giants beat the 49ers I txtd my boss and said I was taking off the Monday after the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    It's not about the West coast -- it's about getting the game into prime time and having more viewers and advertising dollars.
    They can play the game at 3am and they are going to get a massive amt of people to watch.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

They can play the game at 3am and they are going to get a massive amt of people to watch.

Sure, but they'll get even more (you know, the kind that watch the half time shows) if they can do it when most people are going to watch TV anyway

I've only listened to D&C on EEI about the Giants and they seemed very concerned about them and not confident at all.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Prime Time on Sunday starts at 7pm (instead of the usual 8pm) Eastern time. A 6:20pm kickoff ensures virtually the entire game in Prime Time on the East Coast and Central time zones.

The Super Bowl is ratings proof IMO. Everyone is going to watch it whether its on Saturday or Sunday...watching the game and going to a party is engrained in our culture.

NYYF Legend

The Super Bowl is ratings proof IMO. Everyone is going to watch it whether its on Saturday or Sunday...watching the game and going to a party is engrained in our culture.
    Yes but the NFL wants everyone to talk about the ads the next day at work. That maximizes the ad revenue for the broadcaster which increases the value of the television contract. So they need the game to be on Sunday night

Thread Information