+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2012 Jesus Montero Performance Thread

I think Cash did due diligence on Pineda, before the trade went down. Trades are gambles, and in this case the Yankee gamble seemed to go bust. I say seemed because you can't evaluate it this soon. It would be ironic though if Montero didn't succeed, and Campos rather than Pineda turned out to be the real pitching stud.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    And how do you know that?
    i can only assume hes one of the many resident doctors here

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    i can only assume hes one of the many resident doctors here
    Many of us did stay at Holiday Inn Express.

the type of hits he gets is amazing

then the type of outs he makes is also amazing

put your ................ together jesus and deliver the ya....oh ................
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Wow...the Pineda thread has crossed over to the Montero thread.

I thought maybe there was something new regarding Montero.....
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post

They did an MRI on Montero's shoulder and found that it contained Pineda's soul. Once he learns how to harness it, no one will be safe.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

It's not nearly as startling to me as seeing that Rickey Henderson has co-opted the Derek Jeter thread
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    It's not nearly as startling to me as seeing that Rickey Henderson has co-opted the Derek Jeter thread
    Rickey does as Rickey wants.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Forum Regular

Well he just hit another homer a few minutes ago. Off the end of the bat, might have cracked it a bit but it still carried somehow.

booom dat power
    always reasonable

Wound meet salt.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Wound meet salt.

This is like Mariners fans whining about the trade every time Campos strikes someone out.

I like the idea of this thread - to follow Montero and behold his awesomeness - but getting all upset over the trade every time he hits a home run is absurd.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    This is like Mariners fans whining about the trade every time Campos strikes someone out.
    Not if Mariner fans are happy with Montero who was the principle part of the deal because the Mariners felt they needed a potential middle of the order bat which they felt Montero was.

Pitching wasn't their problem hitting was.

The reason Campos became "expendable" was because the Mariners have 3 top pitching prospects on the rise who were more advanced then Campos.

Which is great because we got him if all else fails.

I mean I get where you're coming from and it might be fustrating to here Montero this and Montero that but Campos isn't the equivalence to Montero in this deal, that would fall to Michael Pineda.

Montero being a bust offensively and Pineda being a top of the rotation starter year in and year out for the Yankees would be the more accurate comparison of Mariner fans possibly whining.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Not if Mariner fans are happy with Montero who was the principle part of the deal because the Mariners felt they needed a potential middle of the order bat which they felt Montero was.

Pitching wasn't their problem hitting was.

The reason Campos became "expendable" was because the Mariners have 3 top pitching prospects on the rise who were more advanced then Campos.

Which is great because we got him if all else fails.

I mean I get where you're coming from and it might be fustrating to here Montero this and Montero that but Campos isn't the equivalence to Montero in this deal, that would fall to Michael Pineda.

Montero being a bust offensively and Pineda being a top of the rotation starter year in and year out for the Yankees would be the more accurate comparison of Mariner fans possibly whining.
    Yeah, you're missing the point. I'm just saying that rehashing the trade any time Montero does something good is silly - especially in this thread.

If Pineda hadn't gotten hurt, and someone posted "Montero who?" in that thread any time he whiffed someone, it would get old really fast. But I don't expect that to change.

I like the idea of this thread - to follow Montero and behold his awesomeness - but getting all upset over the trade every time he hits a home run is absurd.
    I'll tell you what's absurd - this response to my post.

Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

The only thing that softened the blow of that HR was it came against a pitcher that I dislike and an organization that I hate.
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

I doubt any Mariners fans are going to ever be complaining about this trade - and since when did striking out a batter in A ball become the equivalent of hitting an MLB HR?

I know there's a contingent here that wants to shut down all discussion about this misguided and ultimately disastrous trade and move on, but it ain't happening. Sorry.
    Plays the game the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon View Post
    I doubt any Mariners fans are going to ever be complaining about this trade
    Never said they would. I don't pretend to be able to evaluate a trade this early.

- and since when did striking out a batter in A ball become the equivalent of hitting an MLB HR?
    Never said it was. But for clarity, pretend for a second that Pineda hadn't gotten injured. If someone posted in this thread about the trade every time he had a QS, it would be myopic and obnoxious.

I know there's a contingent here that wants to shut down all discussion about this misguided and ultimately disastrous trade and move on, but it ain't happening. Sorry.
    Never asked for that to happen. But there is a thread for analyzing the trade, and this is not it. This thread should be about Montero's performance and the Pineda thread should be about Pineda's performance - or recovery now. But I guess it will always be hard for people to separate the two.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I'll tell you what's absurd - this response to my post.
    Fine. I imagine you also get upset any time Jose Tabata hits a home run.

Fine. I imagine you also get upset any time Jose Tabata hits a home run.
    Precisely. I imagine you take hyperbole to new levels.

opposite field homer put the Mariners up 1 in the 11th but League blew the save.

Man he loves going to center and right field. I don't think Safeco is going to contain him nearly as much as some thought (in the long run).

this dude has some of the hardest hit singles ever. lmao

i predict his total awkward trot around the bases time over his career will be hall of fame worthy.
    Last edited by awy; 05-01-12 at 08:57 PM.
    always reasonable

2012 Jesus Montero Circlejerk Thread.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

4-4 tonight.

Thread Information