+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Jesus Montero Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Not every Yankee fan feels that way. There a lot of them that hope Montero becomes a star so they can say the Yankees/Cashman made a mistake with the hope he gets fired.
    That's not good logic at all because in order for the trade to be a mistake, Pineda would have to fail.
    And that would be rooting against your own team.
    Makes no sense.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    That's not good logic at all because in order for the trade to be a mistake, Pineda would have to fail.
    And that would be rooting against your own team.
    Makes no sense.
    I know what you mean, but they've said it. It's not this board, but Jenning's blog.

let no one toss around such accusations against the honorable followers of jesus
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

For the sake of my fantasy team I hope he get's C eligiblity and rakes this year. Otherwise I don't care much one way or another how Montero does. I bear him no ill will, it's not like he held out and demanded a trade.

That said, I hope Pineda is a top of the rotation guy for the Yanks for years to come. If he is it is a win for the Yanks unless Montero becomes Miggy v 2.0.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    okay, opening day jitters no biggie. settle down and take more pitches. only saw 9 pitches that game and made 4 quick outs. not very good
    Opening Day, and in Japan as well. Don't think you are trying to, but clearly not much to take away from today's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I don't see why we would care.
    At this point, we want him to make as many outs as possible.
    I am interested in seeing him do well, as I've followed him for years, saw his first major league hit at the only game I was able to travel to last year at Yankee Stadium. But I will say I hope he goes 0fer his entire career against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I am interested in seeing him do well, as I've followed him for years, saw his first major league hit at the only game I was able to travel to last year at Yankee Stadium. But I will say I hope he goes 0fer his entire career against the Yankees.

I just wanna see Pineda cut down opposing batters like a hot knife going through butter.
    I like pitching.
    What Montero does is of little concern to me (although I honestly think that the expectations are WAY too high).
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

This thread is going to be painful this year.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

wew...
    always reasonable

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees13 View Post
    This thread is going to be painful this year.
    It can go either way. lol
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Operation 28

Poor guy never did anything to Troy Tulowitski, yet he gets beaned by the Rockies today. Didn't appear to be seriously hurt.

Jesus Montero went the distance at catcher Wednesday evening, delivering a clutch sacrifice fly in Seattle's three-run ninth inning that carried the Mariners to a 4-3 road win over the two-time defending American League champion Texas Rangers.

Montero gets another start behind the plate on Saturday evening:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...turday_vs.html
    Last edited by tranquility; 04-14-12 at 05:56 PM.

Forum Regular

Montero just hit a ball out to almost the very deepest part to Safeco's centerfield. Wow!

................ ................ ................
    always reasonable

Forum Regular

...but in other news, he almost airmailed the throw to centerfield trying to throw out a base stealer. The shortstop had to leap to stop it.

in further news, can you believe people used to compare jesus with cabrera and not the other way around?
    always reasonable

If you want a slightly upset stomach, watch the replay of Montero's laser shot to CF last night.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

NYYF Legend

His defense has been better than advertised. Not gold glove, but not awful. In his two games at catcher he has allowed one wild pitch and zero passed balls. Can't judge him on one throw to second base. FYI-members at Lookout Landing think he should be their catcher full-time since Olivo is awful at the plate. We'll see if he keeps this up.
    Hoping Rivera can pitch forever!

Tough pill to small, not one of cashman's move, probably will turn out the worst.
    [QUOTE=TheKillerB's]Bichette is going to be big, quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

They got two legit power arms with ace upside. That happens pretty much never in one single trade. They also lost a potentially elite DH; what's with this nonsense of there only being one winner?

What a shot last night. Don't know if I've ever seen anyone hit a ball harder TBH

if montero can catch then yankees most probably lose this trade. pitchers are just much more risky and offensive catcher is among the most valuable commodities out there
    always reasonable

When Montero catches 120 games a year then get back with me. Until then he caught against the "weak sister of the poor" with a batting order that couldn't wish itself to 1st base. Let's see what happens with Montero and his catching when they play good ML teams that can press his catching issues.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerstrong View Post
    His defense has been better than advertised. Not gold glove, but not awful. In his two games at catcher he has allowed one wild pitch and zero passed balls. Can't judge him on one throw to second base. FYI-members at Lookout Landing think he should be their catcher full-time since Olivo is awful at the plate. We'll see if he keeps this up.
    But we can conclude that he's not aweful based on two games?

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    if montero can catch then yankees most probably lose this trade. pitchers are just much more risky and offensive catcher is among the most valuable commodities out there
    If you want to talk about the risk of pitchers, you have to concede the risk that Montero can't stick at catcher, either because of inability or body type.

Even so, Pineda and Campos have the talent to make up for an offensive catcher.

That being said, that was a great shot.

Thread Information