+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

Solid but not great start. But his team picked him up.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Too many Ks.

Good start. This dude has been money
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Victimized by a fluke hop after he dug himself a hole by not being aggressive enough with weak hitters. But overall he is still getting it done.

NYYF Triple Crown

He has allowed at least 3 earned runs in his last six starts.

He pitched well for such a long time and for that, you have to give him some leash. But goodness, he has to be better than this coming into October.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

NYYF Triple Crown

Today he had a Game Score of 39 or 37 depending on the inherited runner (who would be an unearned run) but it's his worst Game Score in his last fourteen starts either way.

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    He pitched well for such a long time and for that, you have to give him some leash. But goodness, he has to be better than this coming into October.
    I didnt think he was so bad. First base ump gave away one run w the obvious blown call at first before the HR and Nunez gave away another. Plus we never score for the guy. He pitched well enough to get a W IMO. He probably goes another inning but for the Nunez errors.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post
    I didnt think he was so bad. First base ump gave away one run w the obvious blown call at first before the HR and Nunez gave away another. Plus we never score for the guy. He pitched well enough to get a W IMO. He probably goes another inning but for the Nunez errors.
    Though he wasn't great today, I too thought that Kuroda deserved a better fate. The main problem that I thought was after the Yankees gave him the lead, he just as quickly gave it right back and truthfully only poor baserunning by the A's prevented them from taking the lead right there.

Agreed. Letting Oakland tie it immediately after the Yankees gave him a lead was weak.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Though he wasn't great today, I too thought that Kuroda deserved a better fate.
    It wasn't his best game but the A's got 4 "free" run 2 on wild pitches from Kuroda, 1 on a bad call from the ump and on on Nunez E. Tough to beat a good team like that.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Well, even when Kuroda was at his peak in early August, his FIP was nearly a run higher than his actual ERA, which to me spoke that he was pitching above his actual numbers and was due for a slight market correction.

That is what I believe has happened over the last few weeks. He was aided by some good luck early on and now becoming a victim of some bad luck.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

wondering if he's a bit gassed. he's already pitched more innings this year than during any other single season in his career.

still, with nothing he battles his brains out and keeps us in the game. if only aj could have done that.

I am not convinced that he should be considered our #2.

However, I fully expect Girardi's stupid L/R obsession to extend to the pitching staff, so he'll want to split up Sabathia and Pettitte even though there's no good reason for it.

Last time Andy Pettitte pitched 200+ IPs with 120+ERA+, he was still in Astros uniform.

CC and Moose are the last two pitchers to manage 200+IPs with 120+ERA+s in Yankees uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    wondering if he's a bit gassed. he's already pitched more innings this year than during any other single season in his career.

still, with nothing he battles his brains out and keeps us in the game. if only aj could have done that.
    His average velocity on fastballs last night was the highest recorded this season.

Plenty left in the tank. He has probably just been too pumped about playing in meaningful games.

Good luck tonight Hiroki Kuroda.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Anyone still concerned about cold-weather Kuroda?

NYYF Legend

Kuroda was awesome. He will pick up some big wins in the playoffs. He is cool.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Anyone still concerned about cold-weather Kuroda?
    Not weather, but he has now thrown 17 more innings than he has in any previous season, at age 37. Fatigue could be an issue the deeper they go in the postseason.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Not weather, but he has now thrown 17 more innings than he has in any previous season, at age 37. Fatigue could be an issue the deeper they go in the postseason.
    that's my concern. However, he's a smart pitcher. He'll keep us into any game. Dude has been $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ all year.

He recorded 2 of 3 highest average fastball velocities of the season in his last two starts.

I don't think fatigue is an issue.

I'm more worried about him getting too worked up and losing command.

Kuroda and Cano deserve team MVP honors. They both carried the team for extended periods of time at various points of the season while key players were out.

NYYF Triple Crown

For the first time in a long time (possibly all season), he's in the Top 10 in the AL Cy Young Predictor at http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung which says players on division-winning teams get a 12 point Victory Bonus but isn't giving the Yankees any Victory Bonus now. Soriano leads the Yankee in the Cy Young predictor in 7th (6th if you give him the Victory Bonus) and Kuroda is 10th (8th if you give him the Victory Bonus).

Good luck again Hiroki Kuroda. Your pitching helped the Yankees win the AL East last Wednesday.

It's time for you to deliver again tonight to give the Yankees a 2-1 ALDS lead.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Big night for Kuroda tonight. He seems to put a ton of pressure on himself, but he also seems to be accustomed to performing under that pressure. I hope he can pitch a great game tonight and bring us one step closer to the ALCS.

Thread Information