+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 649
  1. #326

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Great, right now he is a completely different pitcher from when I posted that he sucks.
    He's the same pitcher this season as he was last year. Wouldn't it be easier just to say you were wrong with your "he sucks" opinion?
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

  2. #327
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    It's also his 150 win in his professional career. Congrats.

  3. #328
    Trade Bait Mr.Muhozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City Of London

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    This guy sucks.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

  4. #329

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    He came to the Yankees, on a discount, to win a ring.

    He's doing his part. Hopefully everyone else does too.

  5. #330
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    He's 11th in the AL in ERA.
    I'd say he's been lucky to face bad NL teams and bad AL offenses but that really hasn't been the case as ATL, NYM & DET, 3 of his last 4 starts are 7th, 9th and 12th in runs scored this year so his run has acutally been against some quality offenses.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  6. #331

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    You stated he sucked, when in fact his career numbers state the opposite. It's cool you think he's good now, but there's a good chance you'll be back on that "suck" bandwagon sooner than later.
    Please dont label me a bandwagoner when you dont know me. I wasnt going by his career numbers I was going by his starts up till that time. Thats all, dead issue.

  7. #332

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankees1962 View Post
    he's the same pitcher this season as he was last year. Wouldn't it be easier just to say you were wrong with your "he sucks" opinion?
    .....

  8. #333
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    He's 11th in the AL in ERA.
    I'd say he's been lucky to face bad NL teams and bad AL offenses but that really hasn't been the case as ATL, NYM & DET, 3 of his last 4 starts are 7th, 9th and 12th in runs scored this year so his run has acutally been against some quality offenses.
    He has faced some very quality offenses in his starts this year. Aside from the ones you mentioned, please don't forget he faced Texas (against Darvish) and actually pitched very well, but was overshadowed by Darvish that night.

  9. #334
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    He has faced some very quality offenses in his starts this year. Aside from the ones you mentioned, please don't forget he faced Texas (against Darvish) and actually pitched very well, but was overshadowed by Darvish that night.
    cuts both ways - he's faced a bottom 3rd offense in 6 of his starts (Min, LAA, KCR x2, SEA, OAK) so all in all he's faced "about" average opponents. But his recent run of sucess has been more against better teams so that's very encouraging.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  10. #335

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    cuts both ways - he's faced a bottom 3rd offense in 6 of his starts (Min, LAA, KCR x2, SEA, OAK) so all in all he's faced "about" average opponents. But his recent run of sucess has been more against better teams so that's very encouraging.
    Hell, all starting pitchers have faced good and average opponents.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

  11. #336
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Hell, all starting pitchers have faced good and average opponents.
    This isn't always true. Sometimes a pitcher winds up facing a dispropotiante number of good or bad offenses. Last year CJ Wilson had a large percentage of his starts against some really bad offenses leading some to question where he could repeat it if he moved elsewhere. So far he's pitched up to the contract he signed.

    That said, on average ove 33 starts you are generally correct.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  12. #337
    NYYF Cy Young

    BobLoblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NH

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Hell, all starting pitchers have faced good and average opponents.
    Yeah, I don't understand that person's point tbh
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

  13. #338
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand that person's point tbh
    If you are talking about me, my only point was that Kuroda's recent sucess hasn't been a function pitching against crappy teams - nothing more, nothing less.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  14. #339

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    If you are talking about me, my only point was that Kuroda's recent sucess hasn't been a function pitching against crappy teams - nothing more, nothing less.
    Well, it sure isn't worth having tit for tat posts going back and forth.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

  15. #340
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Well, it sure isn't worth having tit for tat posts going back and forth.
    You can keep the tats. I prefer the others.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  16. #341

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    He has pitched excellent for the majority of his starts aside from a few stinkers.

    He has had some tough luck with run support in a few games that come to mind without even looking anything up.

    Nunez killed this guy early in the year as well.

    He is an excellent pitcher. When he has a few bad starts, he will still be an excellent pitcher.
    You know they are not real pies, right?

    "I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

  17. #342
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Yankeesfan924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gainesville/South Florida

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    I'll take 125 ERA+ of sucking any day of the week.
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

  18. #343
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeesfan924 View Post
    I'll take 125 ERA+ of sucking any day of the week.
    So would any guy.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  19. #344

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Keep the ball rolling.

    I'm guessing 6IP, 6H, 3ER, 2BB, 5K from Kuroda. Not phenomenal, but enough to keep us in the game.

  20. #345

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Kept us in the game.

    On a different night, he'd have gotten a W.

  21. #346

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    This guy sucks

  22. #347

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    This guy sucks
    I hate you, hahahahaha.
    You know they are not real pies, right?

    "I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

  23. #348
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philly Burbs

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    As great as Tex is on defense, he missed two plays at first that he probably makes about 90% of the time, both those cost runs. Not blaming Tex at all, just saying

  24. #349
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    As great as Tex is on defense, he missed two plays at first that he probably makes about 90% of the time, both those cost runs. Not blaming Tex at all, just saying
    and he's slow as molasas on the base paths.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  25. #350
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    and he's slow as molasas on the base paths.
    You only say that because we don't get to see Posada anymore.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts