+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    If I get banned that would be unfair, cause I didn't initiate none of this with either of them. I was just minding my business, posting like I always do, not trying to offend anyone, when they decided to make my posts an issue. I suppose I could have ignored them and maybe I should have, but I shouldn't be banned for responding. But I know how it works. I don't post here very often. I don't have any clout. So I won't be surprised if I get banned.

Anyway thats my last word on this topic. If the mods want to ban me for standing up for myself, so be it, but I know I didn't start any trouble.
    1) You called a poster an idiot
    2) You insulted all women

Those were your mistakes. I'm not attacking you by the way. I've made jokes before that weren't funny. I hope you don't get suspended for your responses. Just a tip though that there are posters on here who are quick to report you. If you start getting harassed your best course is just to move on. "Sorry you didn't like my joke." No more responses.

Quote Originally Posted by justtxyank View Post

1) You called a poster an idiot
    2) You insulted all women

Those were your mistakes. I'm not attacking you by the way. I've made jokes before that weren't funny. I hope you don't get suspended for your responses. Just a tip though that there are posters on here who are quick to report you. If you start getting harassed your best course is just to move on. "Sorry you didn't like my joke." No more responses.
    You're right, just, I got baited and crossed the line. I usually just ignore the little jabs altogether because I know where it leads, but this time I took the bait and that was my first mistake, next was saying some things that I shouldn't have, so your advice is appreciated and well taken. Thank You.

Yeah, except there was no baiting of any kind.

And don't worry, I have no intention of reporting you. Just ignoring you.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post

Yeah, except there was no baiting of any kind.
    So when you said "I guess you were't happy with the response the first time you posted this", just out of the blue and without provocation, that wasn't intended to embarrass or demean me in any way, you meant that as a compliment and was only trying to make friends?

Why can't you just admit the point of that post was to demean me, because anyone with common sense knows it. I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm smart enough to know when I'm being insulted, even if the insult is subtle.

But as for my own response, I said my peace and I apologize for crossing the line.

So when you said "I guess you were't happy with the response the first time you posted this", just out of the blue and without provocation, that wasn't intended to embarrass or demean me in any way, you meant that as a compliment and was only trying to make friends?

Why can't you just admit the point of that post was to demean me, because anyone with common sense knows it.

But as for my own response, I said my peace and I apologize for crossing the line.
    I was definitely poking at you, in a tone consistent with most of the friendly banter on this board ... but I think it's an extreme overreaction to say my intention was to "embarrass or demean" you. I had no idea you would get so defensive and hostile. Had you decided to respond with good humor, everything would have been fine. To me, "common sense" suggests that you should be sure the other person's intention is truly hostile (mine wasn't) before becoming hostile yourself.

What you did (posting the same joke three times in two different threads) was definitely out of the ordinary ... not some major crime against humanity, just noticeably odd. So it got noticed by two different people. Most people who got the same reaction twice would take a moment to wonder why, not lash out and call both of those people idiots and drama queens.

Anyway, I do appreciate the apology. Time to drop this.

For the gents

For the ladies

What??

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    For the gents

For the ladies

i approve of this post
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

I got to watch yesterday's home opener , and what a performance by Kuroda hopefully he continues this form throughout the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by StaleMilk View Post
    God I love this signing. If he's healthy, he's going to be great for us.
    Pint?
    Last edited by StaleMilk; 04-14-12 at 11:36 PM.

Just saw the highlight reel from his start at Yankee stadium. That K to Pujols in the 6th was just plain nasty. Like, Pujols was mad.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Just saw the highlight reel from his start at Yankee stadium. That K to Pujols in the 6th was just plain nasty. Like, Pujols was mad.
    Nice to have Javy back on the mound for the Yanks tonight.

I should have guessed, only a woman or a male drama queen would think to make an issue out of nothing.
    Hm, definitely reported this. Not a fan of sexism.
    like delv, but better

NYYF Legend

could be totally off about this, but i'm thinking the cold weather gave him some trouble tonight, as his velocity was down all game and his command was nowhere to be seen
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    could be totally off about this, but i'm thinking the cold weather gave him some trouble tonight, as his velocity was down all game and his command was nowhere to be seen
    Makes sense as the commentators were also saying the rain could be making it difficult for him to grip his splitter.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    It wasnt that cold, after seeing him pitch last Fridayhe looked like a different pitcher last night.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    It wasnt that cold, after seeing him pitch last Fridayhe looked like a different pitcher last night.
    I couldn't see last night's game. Was it pitch location, selection, velocity or an uphill battle with everything?
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

All of it in the first inning. He settled down a bit but the pitch count and damage was already done.

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    All of it in the first inning. He settled down a bit but the pitch count and damage was already done.
    Well, sort of. Only Joe "we don't have too many off days so I must squeeze innings out of my starter even if he doesn't look good and besides it's the fifth inning so maybe I can get Hiroki-y a W" Girardi would have allowed Kuroda to face Morneau a third time. In the end, that homer was the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    I couldn't see last night's game. Was it pitch location, selection, velocity or an uphill battle with everything?
    Location, the Twinks were all over him.

i don't care if he was facing barry bonds, there was no one on base and the damage potential wasn't there to pull him then. he was doing ok after the 1st inning.
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    i don't care if he was facing barry bonds, there was no one on base and the damage potential wasn't there to pull him then. he was doing ok after the 1st inning.
    I understand what you're saying. I also understand the bigger picture of managing for the long haul.

However, for the purposes of winning this one game, I didn't like the idea of letting him face Morneau again. I think a more aggressive manager (think Joe Maddon) would have gone to Rapada/Boone there, and looked to give Phelps multiple innings. I suspect that Girardi was "saving" Phelps for tonight's Phil Hughes start, though of course I can't prove it.

NYYF Legend

So far, Kuroda is giving the Yankees exactly what they don't need...inconsistency.

Now lined up for a showdown with darvish

Marc Carig ‏ @MarcCarig Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    "This is not a one-on-one game." - Hiroki Kuroda on his matchup with Yu Darvish.

My take on his comments...

Thread Information