+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Re: 2012 Hiroki Kuroda performance thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    "The additions of Pineda and Kuroda have given the Yankees a strikingly deep rotation with six legitimate starters and Burnett."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...da-sources-say

I LOL'd
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I really hope he can get as many wins as possible so he can get into Meikyukai.
    Want him to get in too .
    Kuroda has a total of 144 wins and is 56 wins shy of the 200 wins needed to get in .
    He'll have to pitch for at least 3 or 4 more years after 2012 to have a chance at 200 .

BTW kan_t you said before you followed Kuroda since his Carp days .
    Are you a Hiroshima Carp fan of just a Kuroda fan ?

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Reportedly. Emphasis in the prior sentence on the word "reportedly." And I know nothing about that source, but I don't see them attributing that "report" to Kuroda or anyone else with firsthand knowledge.
    It's part of the Japanese language to demur and defer. The wording suggests the news came from Kuroda's camp that he himself declined two years and asked for one.

That said, Japanese newspapers' journalistic standards are somewhere between tabloids and NYTimes.

man the japanese hall of fame is even more ridiculous than the american one, but at least it is consistent in its madness
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee_Samurai View Post
    BTW kan_t you said before you followed Kuroda since his Carp days .
    Are you a Hiroshima Carp fan of just a Kuroda fan ?
    I'm a Fighters fan but also follow the Carp and the Giants in Central League. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    man the japanese hall of fame is even more ridiculous than the american one, but at least it is consistent in its madness
    Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame and Meikyukai are two different organizations. Players who born in the Showa Era and achieved 2000 hits, 200 wins or 250 saves milestone are automatically inducted in Meikyukai. Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame is more like the American one.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I'm a Fighters fan but also follow the Carp and the Giants in Central League. How about you?
    I try to follow all the NPB teams as much as possible , but if I had to pick my favorite team it would have to be the Tokyo Yakult Swallows .

BTW the Carp would of had a heck of a rotation if Kuroda went back . I mean a rotation of Kuroda , Maeda, Fukui , Nomura , Bullington , and Otake (if healthy ) ain't too shabby .
    Last edited by Yankee_Samurai; 01-18-12 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee_Samurai View Post
    I try to follow all the NPB teams as much as possible , but if I had to pick my favorite team it would have to be the Tokyo Yakult Swallows .

BTW the Carp would of had a heck of a rotation if Kuroda went back . I mean a rotation of Kuroda , Maeda, Fukui , Nomura , Bullington , and Otake (if healthy ) ain't too shaby .
    I've never heard of any of those other guys, but I guarantee I could pick out Bullington.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I've never heard of any of those other guys, but I guarantee I could pick out Bullington.
    I lol'd.

Is that Brian Bullington, the former #1 pick?
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeesfan924 View Post
    I lol'd.

Is that Brian Bullington, the former #1 pick?
    Yes, he's Bryan Bullington.

NYYF Legend

At the Posada PC earlier today during the post-conference interviews, Michael Kay interviewed Brian Cashman and Cash mentioned in passing that there was an issue with the Kuroda signing, "some language" was how he put it. Kay didn't follow up on it. What's up, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    At the Posada PC earlier today during the post-conference interviews, Michael Kay interviewed Brian Cashman and Cash mentioned in passing that there was an issue with the Kuroda signing, "some language" was how he put it. Kay didn't follow up on it. What's up, I wonder?
    I heard it was just translating the contract to Japanese so Kuroda could sign it.

I'm guessing they are trying to shop a guy like Justin Maxwell or Whelan around to see if somoene will give them cash or even a larger deal like AJ Burnett and Chris Dickerson for Carlos Lee or even a different trade where two guys on the 40 man are dealt for one, thus creating room.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I heard it was just translating the contract to Japanese so Kuroda could sign it.
    Is this actually necessary? Does Kuroda really read his contracts cover to cover? I'd have figured his (presumably well-paid) legal representation would take care of that end and blow the whistle if there was anything that didn't seem quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Is this actually necessary? Does Kuroda really read his contracts cover to cover? I'd have figured his (presumably well-paid) legal representation would take care of that end and blow the whistle if there was anything that didn't seem quite right.
    Cashman indicated on Francesa that Kuroda deal is being completed yesterday. Cashman doesn't say anything like that unless they're done. I bet they announce it today.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Yes, if you don't know what you're signing, it's technically not enforceable.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/01/2...tes-and-links/
    • A released statement from Hiroki Kuroda: “I feel happy to be a part of such a storied franchise, which is always in contention for a World Series. I am also very proud to be a part of this current team, which boasts so many great players. As a member of the Yankees, I would like to do my part by doing the best I can throughout the season. I hope that I can make a difference in achieving the team’s ultimate goal, which is to win the World Series.”

• Speaking of Kuroda, Ken Rosenthal reports that he has a full no-trade clause.

AdamWFoster Adam Foster

Huroki Kuroda got more than twice as many swinging strikes as he did called strikes with his four-seamer last year. That's insane.

Because idle hands are the devil's workshop, I fed the English text of Kuroda's comments to Google Translate and converted them to Japanese, then converted them back to English using Google Translate again. Here's what Kuroda REALLY said:

"I also. Feel happy that the conflict of the World Series is part of the renowned franchise such always, I am proud of the many great players very, very to be part of this current team are proud to. as a member of the Yankees, I would like to a part of me doing the best I can throughout the season. I want to achieve the ultimate goal of the team to win the World Series I hope that you can make a difference on. "
    Welcome to New York, Hiroki. The business is going.
    Rocking that "arrogant Yankee fan" attitude.

NYYF Legend

Because idle hands are the devil's workshop, I fed the English text of Kuroda's comments to Google Translate and converted them to Japanese, then converted them back to English using Google Translate again. Here's what Kuroda REALLY said:

Welcome to New York, Hiroki. The business is going.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=nVa...page&q&f=false
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Kuroda to wear no.18

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Kuroda to wear no.18
    So what's Andruw Jones going to be now?

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    So what's Andruw Jones going to be now?
    22 per Bryan Hoch.

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

I didn't get to watch today's game, and it's hard to judge by highlights since it's a biased sample of good pitches... but man some of these breaking balls and fast balls today were sweet. He looked like a man among children with the likes of McCann, Heyward, etc.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/video...50342&c_id=nyy

NYYF Cy Young

He's looked good all spring. Under the radar.

Thread Information