+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2768

Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    but he was on a highway with no headlights
    I agree with part of what you're saying; in spite of a compelling post by PinStripes, drinking and driving is dumb. It calls point in time judgment into question as well as character.

But I don't get your other angles on this. I don't think in and of itself it says much about his shoulder rehab, and the fact that he didn't have his lights on doesn't mean he was drunk to the degree you're inferring. Plenty of stone cold sober people do that every day.

It was a terrible (thankfully not tragic) mistake, and one he'd do well to avoid like the plague going forward.

i really really do not want to post about drunkenness anymore. it's just a problem that, whatever you think about it culturally, a hihgly paid highly valuable athlete should take care to avoid. an organization should also try to minimize this kind of behavior in its players, just to get more performance out of them. i don't think you can go to work drunk in any business. baseball shouldn't be different, because the rehab is your work.
    always reasonable

i really really do not want to post about drunkenness anymore. it's just a problem that, whatever you think about it culturally, a hihgly paid highly valuable athlete should take care to avoid. an organization should also try to minimize this kind of behavior in its players, just to get more performance out of them. i don't think you can go to work drunk in any business. baseball shouldn't be different, because the rehab is your work.
    But as you've pointed out, this was in the wee hours of the morning. Doubt they were looking for him at the gym at the time. And not sure what his rehab schedule was/is; perhaps this was the evening prior to an off day.

Again, don't disagree with the overall premise, and if it were a documented pattern I think you could come to the conclusion you seem to have reached.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Usually oncoming cars will flash their headlights.
    Let's hope not ... most New York City streets are one-way!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    He doesn't look like a slob. You're ridiculous.
    he's not a slob, but he's far from "in shape," imo

moobs
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

i don't care if he's fat. i just care about whether he can pitch or not.

his leg strength is very good and plays a big part in generating velo. rehab is supposed to keep him in shape and recover that velo.
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post

moobs
    Just to clarify, when I called him a "slob" I meant that he irresponsibly and lazily came into his first Yankee camp terribly out of shape, extra pudgy and moob-tastic and wonder if this is part of his character, that he couldn't care less about the impressions he makes. I wasn't conjuring up some morbidly obese person with food and vomit dripping from his mouth a la this Monthy Python character:

moobs
    I bet David Wells had a similar build at age 22ish.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Or CC.

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

David wells was never a power pitcher... He was all command

And cc is a freak of nature and the jury is still out on whether his legs will hold up under all that weight
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

David wells was never a power pitcher... He was all command

And cc is a freak of nature and the jury is still out on whether his legs will hold up under all that weight
    CC has pitched in the bigs for 12 years...the jury went home a while ago. His post Baseball career may be an issue but I doubt many folks on here care about that.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

NYYF MVP

moobs
    It's just a tight t-shirt. I know it's fun to say moobs whenever you can see the outline of a man's chest, but if we are seriously talking about his conditioning the man in that picture is close to being in shape.

NYYF Cy Young

moobs
    You can tell he's thinking about drinking alcohol in this picture.

Quote Originally Posted by K-W View Post
    It's just a tight t-shirt. I know it's fun to say moobs whenever you can see the outline of a man's chest, but if we are seriously talking about his conditioning the man in that picture is close to being in shape.
    "Moobs" are the least of it. As that picture shows, he's carrying a pretty big spare tire around his midsection. He's just plan fat and out of shape.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

dont mess with the jesus dont_ya_know24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    You can tell he's thinking about drinking alcohol in this picture.
    you really can't.
    I really thought I played great defense when the ball wasn't hit at me, Alex Rodriguez said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Or CC.

Really, a baseball card, really.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Really, a baseball card, really.
    Yes, it is a baseball card.

I'm not sure what you're asking.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Because the Yankees have so many problems with DWIs.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

that's a principle that cna be evaluated independent of the particular facts.

look kids, it's very annoying when people cannot distinguish between general principle and factual assertions. t

the factual assertions in this case are that pineda has had a particularly bad episode that threatens his rehab, and it is within a series of other not so good behavior.

therefore, we'd like to see better management.

that's all. there is not so much accusation against the rehab management. just would like to see better results.

stop being so sensitive like the yankees are your mother.
    always reasonable

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    "Moobs" are the least of it. As that picture shows, he's carrying a pretty big spare tire around his midsection. He's just plan fat and out of shape.
    You either have projected body dysmorphia or you are so used to using hyperbole when discussing weight you don't know the difference anymore. There is nothing even close to moobs in that picture. Moobs are when fat is hanging off a man's chest not whenever you can see the definition of their chest in a tight t-shirt. That is in actuality a small spare tire. His profile barely bulges.

If we are in a gym making jokes sure, everyone with a little extra fat is a lazy slob, but if we are going to have a serious discussion about his conditioning we don't need the exaggeration.

the factual assertions in this case are that pineda has had a particularly bad episode that threatens his rehab, and it is within a series of other not so good behavior.
    It appears you're the one having a problem distinguishing fact from hyperbole.

He went out drinking one night and came to training camp arguably overweight.

Quit being a drama queen.

I keep waiting for you to come clean and just say "I paid above retail for a Montero jersey, so f*** this guy!"
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

um, how can you be all honky dory about pineda given what has happened to him. my position, as it always is, is reasonable.

you cna be a cheerleader all you want and that's fine. but it's also pretty unproductive. there is a real problem here that the yankees has already moved to address. the range of denials on the topic is just ridiculous
    always reasonable

um, how can you be all honky dory about pineda given what has happened to him. my position, as it always is, is reasonable.

you cna be a cheerleader all you want and that's fine. but it's also pretty unproductive. there is a real problem here that the yankees has already moved to address. the range of denials on the topic is just ridiculous
    You are assuming that the moves the Yankees made/are making are due to Pineda. There's no evidence of this.

'A particularly bad episode that threatens his rehab' is ridiculous, as is calling that and his weight 'a series of other not so good behavior'.

Funny that I don't recall you getting all bent at Joba with his DUI and subsequent ankle injury incurred while jumping on a trampoline. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Buster Olney@Buster_ESPN Michael Pineda making progress as he comes back from surgery. Was checked out by doctor today, continued throwing program at Yankee Stadium.

Impossible. He is known to have consumed alcohol.

Clearly Olney is in Cashman's pocket.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Thread Information