+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2768

Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Finnigan View Post
    While it is true that Pineda could come back and even return to form OR Campos could develop into a star down the road, it is also possible that Montero will develop into a star and Noesi could become a useful starter. Sure nothing is for certain, the jury has not made it's final judgement. But to me, how damaging this trade is to the Yankees is the primary question for 2012. It's simply not an "I told you so, coulda, woulda, shoulda issue". I believe it does not matter what combination of final results wind up at the end of the story. The loss of such a valuable bat and trade chip, plus the void created in the starting rotation hurts beyond just the trade itself. Where the Yankees should have had big time momentum going into the 2012 season, they instead have fewer good trade options. Keeping Montero would have kept the middle of the batting order younger and more robust. Where people were questioning why we were trading for a starter when we could have plugged in Phelps, Mitchell, and Warren, well we did so anyways. I see this RIGHT NOW as a trade with compounding repercussions. Yes, it's early and yes, next year is alwaysa nice to have, but what about this year?
    You make some valid points--it (the trade) sucks for this year. I don't think anyone is disputing that. We just have no idea how things will eventually turn out and I just fail to see the point of people (not necessarily you) posting in this thread every time Montero gets a hit.

The 'I told you so' guys are annoying and bring nothing to the table.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    You make some valid points--it (the trade) sucks for this year. I don't think anyone is disputing that. We just have no idea how things will eventually turn out and I just fail to see the point of people (not necessarily you) posting in this thread every time Montero gets a hit.

The 'I told you so' guys are annoying and bring nothing to the table.
    Was there a post that actually said "I told you so" in reference to the Pineda trade? I don't think so. It's not like they have come at you with a coprophagic-grin emoticon. Nobody is reveling in the loss of Pineda for 2012. You are reading too much in between the lines.

I checked Montero's stat every morning when I pick up my morning papers. You can't expect rabid Yankee fans to be reticent about the only big trade during the off-season which saw the departure of one of the prized hitting prospects in Yankeeland. Montero's future success will not stymie Pineda's rise to stardom in New York.

Just so that you know where I stand, I root for all Yankee players and in some cases, ex-Yankee players.

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Was there a post that actually said "I told you so" in reference to the Pineda trade? I don't think so. It's not like they have come at you with a coprophagic-grin emoticon. Nobody is reveling in the loss of Pineda for 2012. You are reading too much in between the lines.
    I was originally responding to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon View Post
    Alot of us thought this trade was bull................ at the time and we were right - and we'll continue to point that out despite the folks here who keep telling us to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    I checked Montero's stat every morning when I pick up my morning papers. You can't expect rabid Yankee fans to be reticent about the only big trade during the off-season which saw the departure of one of the prized hitting prospects in Yankeeland. Montero's future success will not stymie Pineda's rise to stardom in New York.
    That's fine, but Montero's stats don't belong in the Pineda performance thread, no matter how badly some people (not you) want to keep bringing up their opinion of the trade.

Personally, I'm more interested in Pineda's shoulder than in Montero's batting average. As Eldee5 pointed out, we have a Former Yankees Performance Thread already where that stuff belongs.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

It's my fault posting Montero's stats and good play as of late here. There's a more appropriate thread for that, which i didn't see or know before. We're obviously all frustrated we get nothing from this deal at the major league level (hopefully Campos becomes a future ace) for 2012 and there's at least a chance Pineda may not ever be the same again, which is a scary thought. Hopefully the guy works extremely hard on his rehab and comes back better than ever in 2013, for Yankees fans' sake and Cashman's.

Quote Originally Posted by Torre Must Go View Post
    It's my fault posting Montero's stats and good play as of late here. There's a more appropriate thread for that, which i didn't see or know before. We're obviously all frustrated we get nothing from this deal at the major league level (hopefully Campos becomes a future ace) for 2012 and there's at least a chance Pineda may not ever be the same again, which is a scary thought. Hopefully the guy works extremely hard on his rehab and comes back better than ever in 2013, for Yankees fans' sake and Cashman's.
    It's not that big of a deal really-- more like a peeve. It was bugging me around the time of Pineda's surgery when I keep seeing the thread being bumped and was getting annoyed when it was the same old thing instead of news about Pineda.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

who??

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Work all day, party all night, I suppose.

Or at least Im hoping he's working all day.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

amazing

Melky's helping him make a website to prove he was sober.
    Pardon, for us.

seem thing happened to Joba,lets hope he focuses on recovering,not just in baseball now
    Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough~Larry David

rofl wow
    always reasonable

Devoted Member

NYYF MVP

what a disaster of a trade....

NYYF Legend

Good god.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

On the bright side, he wasn't in an accident and killed or maimed. The trade may work out to our advantage still.

NYYF Legend

Pineda may want to focus his thought process on the re-hab of his shoulder and being ready to pitch in 2013. Just a thought.

I like the fact that he's driving a Nissan SUV.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    On the bright side, he wasn't in an accident and killed or maimed. The trade may work out to our advantage still.
    When it comes to DUI, there is no bright side. Of course I may be just a bit biased on this subject. I was just hoping for so much more from Pineda in 2012 and it has been a complete utter bust instead.

NYYF Cy Young

Reports before his surgery were that the key to coming back from this surgery is totally diligent rehab. And he may be, as someone wrote above, "working all day, partying all night". But his current incredible lapse of judgment somehow makes me doubt that he is mature enough to understand what it will take to totally recover. (Dare I also say, it reminds me a bit of Pavano...)

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

wow...I saw this thread bumped and I thought maybe there was a note about his rehab...what a disaster. He must have been quite drunk to not notice that he had no lights on at 2 in the morning.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Dickhead ...

Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Arrives at his first camp overweight and out of shape like he couldn't give a f**k, has a damaged shoulder and now this gives us another glimpse of his character and confirms just how irresponsible and ignorant he is. Great trade!

Go away clowny.

NYYF Legend

DFA him sure is the smart move.....not.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    Reports before his surgery were that the key to coming back from this surgery is totally diligent rehab. And he may be, as someone wrote above, "working all day, partying all night". But his current incredible lapse of judgment somehow makes me doubt that he is mature enough to understand what it will take to totally recover. (Dare I also say, it reminds me a bit of Pavano...)
    Unfortunately it reminds me a bit of Brien Taylor.

Thread Information