+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 111 FirstFirst ... 17 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2768

Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    I'm one of those that loved the trade from the get go. I followed Pineda throughout the 2011 and labelled him as one for the future. His slider and fastball had me in awe when I watched him. Seeing how his injuries have played out so far has been disheartening because I was looking forward to see his stuff translate in pinstripes.

For what it's worth, it's not just Yankee fans that have this narcissist mentality and must always be right, no matter the cost or circumstances just for those few moments of self-gratification when they utter the words "I told you so". I see it a lot day in day out. But it really does irk me when I see a fan of a team do it for one of their own players. Regardless of how much they loved Montero they should get behind Pineda and wish the best for him as he is a Yankee and he can become a massive part of the franchise's future.
    There are and have always been players who were anything but adored by their home fans. If you choose to cheer for every player on the team, that's OK by me. Having suffered through a few Yankee eras when everyone wasn't a superstar, and the team needed constant improvement, I do not feel the same need to think as you do. No disrespect intended, even though I have seen you use curt remarks that offended me when I disagreed with other posters. In years past I used this board as a good source of information, lately it has become not worth the trouble.

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

Take it for what it's worth - I got raked over the coals by some here for mentioning this on Sunday, and now Wallace Matthews is raising the possibility too:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...michael-pineda

According to a source I spoke with, it is not unusual for players or their agents to request an exam with a doctor the player or agent knows and trusts, and apparently Cuza trusts Dr. David Altchek, the Mets team doctor, from the days when Pedro Martinez, another of his clients, played for the Mets.

But it does seem unusual for the request to be made before the results of the first exam have come back yet, raising the possibility that Pineda is hurt worse than the Yankees thought and shared that information with the agent and not the team.

It may be significant that over the past couple of days, the Yankees media notes have changed the designation of Pineda's injury from "right shoulder tendinitis'' to "right rotator cuff tendinitis.'' That could explain Pineda's lack of velocity in his last start for the Mariners last September, a problem that carried over into spring training, although I am told though another source that Pineda did not pick up a baseball all winter.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Triple Crown

I expressed concerns a few days ago when Pineda's rehab was terminated after 15 pitches. As a former fan of Montero, I mentioned in passing this trade was starting to look worse by the day. Reactionary, probably. Hilariously idiotic as some have accused me to be, probably not.

I wish some of the posters here would show some respect for opinions different from yours. When none of us has any inside information about Pineda's injury, we're entitled to speculate.

Lastly, no Yankee fans would wish a rotator cuff surgery for Pineda so that they can prove themselves right. This is not a pissing contest. Let's hope Pineda's injury is not as severe as it appears to be now.

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    I expressed concerns a few days ago when Pineda's rehab was terminated after 15 pitches. As a former fan of Montero, I mentioned in passing this trade was starting to look worse by the day. Reactionary, probably. Hilariously idiotic as some have accused me to be, probably not.

I wish some of the posters here would show some respect for opinions different from yours. When none of us has any inside information about Pineda's injury, we're entitled to speculate.

Lastly, no Yankee fans would wish a rotator cuff surgery for Pineda so that they can prove themselves right. This is not a pissing contest. Let's hope Pineda's injury is not as severe as it appears to be now.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post

Excellent post
    It just does not look good for Pineda pitching in pinstripes in 2012. That being said, it really would be a shame if Pineda has to have any kind of surgery.

Quite a few sensitive lads in this thread.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by eaganmafia View Post
    With all the doom and gloom in this thread I assume the dye mutated Pineda into some monster....
    Just don't make him angry. You won't like him when he's angry.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Can we merge this with the "we're doomed" thread?
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

The notion that Pineda wasn't damaged goods in the first place and that his injury was somehow caused by the Yankees "inability to handle young pitchers" is poppycock.

The mistake was made in January not in spring training.
    Plays the game the wrong way.

NYYF Cy Young

If True Cashman was taken by Seattle, not once but twice, throw in Jay Buhner and that makes 3 times! Please never trade with Seattle again!
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Can we merge this with the "we're doomed" thread?
    Why have one doomed thread when you can have double that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon View Post
    The notion that Pineda wasn't damaged goods in the first place and that his injury was somehow caused by the Yankees "inability to handle young pitchers" is poppycock.

The mistake was made in January not in spring training.
    How do you know that?

It's an opinion. Nobody knows anything.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEllis View Post
    It's an opinion. Nobody knows anything.
    The truest comment made in this thread.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I am not one that believes in worrying about the unknown or worrying until there is reason to worry. (I don't assume the worst case scenario will be the case). But at this point it's hard to be optimistic about him for 2012.
    Life is good!

NYYF Cy Young

If he were to need shoulder surgery, 2012 would be the least of the team's worries!

NYYF Legend

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...k_nyy&c_id=nyy

ARLINGTON -- The Yankees are waiting for a second opinion on right-hander Michael Pineda, who had a dye contrast MRI exam performed on his ailing right shoulder on Tuesday in New York.

Pineda was examined by Yankees team physician Christopher Ahmad, but manager Joe Girardi said that Pineda's agent has requested that Mets team physician David Altchek also provide an opinion.

"When they found out he was going to New York, his agent requested that whatever happens, [they] want a second opinion," Girardi said. "Whatever that means, we should know more as time goes on."

Pineda has been on the disabled list, retroactive to March 31, with what the team termed right rotator cuff tendinitis. He cut short an extended spring outing on Saturday after just 15 pitches due to discomfort in his pitching shoulder.

Girardi said that the latest setback figures to knock Pineda out of action for at least another 3 1/2 weeks, regardless of what Altchek's diagnosis shows. There is a very real possibility that Pineda could be out longer, which Girardi called "disappointing."

"It's not what you want," Girardi said. "We thought we were going to get a power pitcher that pitched very well and we believed had a very huge upside. Right now, we don't have him, and right now, I can't tell you when we're going to get him back."
    Whenever I hear "rotator cuff", I get nervous.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    If he were to need shoulder surgery, 2012 would be the least of the team's worries!
    True, let's hope that doesn't come to pass.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Some people hated the trade because it's more likely a young pitcher gets hurt than a young position player. That is true, and I'm sure a lot of them feel like they saw this a coming from a mile away. They shouldn't be happy about it though.
    I'm pissed as hell.
    [QUOTE=TheKillerB's]Bichette is going to be big, quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownYankee View Post
    If True Cashman was taken by Seattle, not once but twice, throw in Jay Buhner and that makes 3 times! Please never trade with Seattle again!
    Cashman had just turned 21 years old at the time of the Buhner trade. I dont think he had much to do with it.

Every time a pitcher is traded or signs with a new team and then immediately has arm troubles I ask "what did his old team know?"

Is hindsight always 20/20, is it bad luck, or did one team's staff not do it's due diligence, or perhaps ignore or downplay some warning signs?

I don't know if that's right or wrong to do, and unless some Seattle FO people come out and say, "yup, why do you think we traded him to you, suckers?" we won't know what the case is here, but that's my reaction, to ask those questions.

I had the same reaction to Ryan Madson's injury, where it suddenly made perfect sense why Philly rescinded their contract offer, signed Papelbon, and Madson got stuck only getting a 1 year deal. Could that all be a coincidence? Yes, it could be. Doesn't seem like it though.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by justtxyank View Post
    I don't mean this to insult you, but your son does not play for the Yankees. I bet they push aside stroke victims for baseball players, not the other way around.
    I don't mean to insult you, but this may be the dumbest post around these parts - ever. I can't believe you would even think such a thing. I seriously hope you were jesting, otherwise..........WOW!!

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    I don't mean to insult you, but this may be the dumbest post around these parts - ever. I can't believe you would even think such a thing. I seriously hope you were jesting, otherwise..........WOW!!
    I think that was hyperbole. The underlying idea that rich people can get MRI's more or less on demand is however correct. Even in a hospital setting a VIP shouldn't bump a patient but they might open the facility up early to accommodate the VIP's schedule or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Quite a few sensitive lads in this thread.
    Sounds more like logical explanations to those exaggerating people's opinions on the matter to me.

But I can see how you'd think that, it wouldn't be cool to respond with something logical. No place on this board for such a thing.

I thought the Yankees had their own MRI machine right in the stadium....
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Thread Information