+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 111 FirstFirst ... 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2768

Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofkings19 View Post
    Joba and Hughes were suppose to be their elite arms. Does anyone have faith in them developing a pitcher especially a highly touted one?
    Pineda didn't have much developing left to do. Rothschild also isn't Dave Eiland.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    A one game drop? The one that was towards the end of a season where hit pitched more IP than ever in his career? And he had 10 days off before the start?

No.
    Was it really just a one game drop? Here is data from fangraphs: http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.asp...ion=P#velocity

Looks like he was down for a few starts in the 2nd half of the season, but maybe I am misinterpreting the data. FWIW I hope I'm wrong.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Was it really just a one game drop? Here is data from fangraphs: http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.asp...ion=P#velocity

Looks like he was down for a few starts in the 2nd half of the season, but maybe I am misinterpreting the data. FWIW I hope I'm wrong.
    From what I was reading, essentially yes. Also, that the IP were catching up. Which was to be expected.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    And Montero is killing the ball...wait.
    Yeah, the dude couldn't even get on base against Philip Freakin' Humber yesterday!

Did Pineda have the MRI yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    Did Pineda have the MRI yet?
    Tomorrow, I believe

Tomorrow, I believe
    Are we going to get to examine the images in this thread so we can make our medical prognosis for the Yankees benefit?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Are we going to get to examine the images in this thread so we can make our medical prognosis for the Yankees benefit?

Forum Regular

I agree it may take years before we can really figure who might have won out on this trade.

The thing I cannot understand it why baseball clubs are so cheap when it comes to physicals before a pending trade. It it was all scrubs that were involved I understand. Even if it cost an extra $25,000 for the exam for MRIs, CT SCANS or whatever. A pitchers throwing arm should be checked out to the highest extent possible. If a hitter was a great base runner then his legs and knees should get great scrutiny. Just does not make sense to save a few dollars when we do not give thorough medical exams before a trade is made in trades like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioYankee View Post
    I agree it may take years before we can really figure who might have won out on this trade.

The thing I cannot understand it why baseball clubs are so cheap when it comes to physicals before a pending trade. It it was all scrubs that were involved I understand. Even if it cost an extra $25,000 for the exam for MRIs, CT SCANS or whatever. A pitchers throwing arm should be checked out to the highest extent possible. If a hitter was a great base runner then his legs and knees should get great scrutiny. Just does not make sense to save a few dollars when we do not give thorough medical exams before a trade is made in trades like this one.
    He had a complete workup. The trade (like all others) was pending a physical. Meaning both teams had to bring the players in and run all sorts of tests.

No conspiracy, no negligence by the Yankees. All the assumptions claiming the Yankees just ignored his drop-off post all-star break or any type of full physical are just that, assumptions.

You really think Cash handed over his boy (Montero) to the Mariners without complete knowledge that he was healthy? Seriously, if you think that, say it out loud to yourself. I mean it. Stop what your doing and say "Cashman gave up one of his favorite prospects for over the past 5 years for a pitcher without knowing if he was healthy. He had no concerns and didn't have it checked out. The Yankees have won more games than anyone else in baseball since Cashman has been the GM and he has no clue what he is doing. The Yankees have rebuilt a farm system that has some depth and power after Cashman gained some real control but he has no clue what he is doing." Sounds pretty crazy to me......
    You know they are not real pies, right?

"I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoux101 View Post
    He had a complete workup. The trade (like all others) was pending a physical. Meaning both teams had to bring the players in and run all sorts of tests.

No conspiracy, no negligence by the Yankees. All the assumptions claiming the Yankees just ignored his drop-off post all-star break or any type of full physical are just that, assumptions.

You really think Cash handed over his boy (Montero) to the Mariners without complete knowledge that he was healthy? Seriously, if you think that, say it out loud to yourself. I mean it. Stop what your doing and say "Cashman gave up one of his favorite prospects for over the past 5 years for a pitcher without knowing if he was healthy. He had no concerns and didn't have it checked out. The Yankees have won more games than anyone else in baseball since Cashman has been the GM and he has no clue what he is doing. The Yankees have rebuilt a farm system that has some depth and power after Cashman gained some real control but he has no clue what he is doing." Sounds pretty crazy to me......
    My main question is how was Pineda out of shape to start ST when the Yankees had just given him a physical about 30-40 days prior? Did they not notice when they gave him the physical? Did he gain those lbs between the time of the physical and the start of ST? Was he 30 lbs overweight at the time of the physical and then was able to trim down to only 10-20 lbs overweight by the time ST started?

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Pineda didn't have much developing left to do. Rothschild also isn't Dave Eiland.
    And a lot of teams with better pitching talents wish they could have a Nova and a DRob in their pitching staff.

Many would even settle for 3 productive years of CMW.

Theboss, it's been said in this thread mumerous times. Pineda was thrown off his schedule from the trade.

NYYF Legend

Theboss, it's been said in this thread mumerous times. Pineda was thrown off his schedule from the trade.
    Where did this info come from? Do you have a link? I haven't seen it.

Marc Carig tweeted it a while ago. But I really
    CBF to go through 60 pages and see where it was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    He didn't? But yet Cashman said he had a ways two go before he became a front line starter and he didn't even think he could be a number 2 this season.

Tomorrow, I believe
    Thanks snap

His "schedule" dictates that he only stays in shape if he is playing for the Mariners? Sorry, I call bull on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofkings19 View Post
    He didn't? But yet Cashman said he had a ways two go before he became a front line starter and he didn't even think he could be a number 2 this season.
    most of this was just lowering expectations/pressure. He's not a number 1 with his repertoire from last year, but he had a 3.5 xfip, 3.4 WAR (Montero has to mash to equal this) on an innings limit, the 7th highest k/9 among all starters, the highest swinging strike percentage, and he was in the all-star game. He has more upside, but I don't understand where this notion that he is unproven came from.

We have the guy for the next 5 years and as long as he doesn't need surgery, I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far. That dominant pitcher from last year developed a useable change up in a few weeks of spring training. The shoulder and the velocity are concerns, but as long as the news today isn't bad, there's room for optimism.

NYYF MVP

If he tore something in his should you can chalk this up for a major win for Seattle!

Quote Originally Posted by bomber999 View Post
    His "schedule" dictates that he only stays in shape if he is playing for the Mariners? Sorry, I call bull on this.
    That's quite a leap in logic you made there. I think he's referring to this:

A wrinkle in the Michael Pineda Saga: Turns out that Pineda was slated to arrive at Mís camp Jan. 22 to work out early, just as he did before his great rookie year. Then Pineda got traded, and there was a 10-day lag before it became official. Ultimately, Pineda didnít arrive in Tampa until Feb. 14, still early, but not as planned. Impossible to know if extra 3 weeks of work would have made difference. But Pineda knows this much: ďNext year, Iím coming early. Iím doing my plan.Ē
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/04/mic...-timing-66571/
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    That's quite a leap in logic you made there. I think he's referring to this:

http://riveraveblues.com/2012/04/mic...-timing-66571/
    If you're even living next year, Michael.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    My main question is how was Pineda out of shape to start ST when the Yankees had just given him a physical about 30-40 days prior? Did they not notice when they gave him the physical? Did he gain those lbs between the time of the physical and the start of ST? Was he 30 lbs overweight at the time of the physical and then was able to trim down to only 10-20 lbs overweight by the time ST started?
    Boss, this is something that I asked right from the start and have not seen a plausible explanation. The notion that he reported to camp 20Lbs overweight and out of shape because he was traded is pure B.S. and sounds like someone is trying to cover his azz.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 23jordan View Post
    If he tore something in his should you can chalk this up for a major win for Seattle!
    Or you should chalk this up for a major win for Seattle if he tore something in his can.

Thread Information