+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 111 FirstFirst ... 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2768

Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Hard to say since I can't remember the last time that I saw a pitcher with tears in his eyes describing pain in his shoulder.
    I don't know if that's the proper context as to what's behind the tears.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I would usually agree with this, but his velocity had been down a lot all spring and now he has a sore shoulder which "brought him on the verge of tears". Doesn't sound promising at all, but I am hoping for the best. There's virtually no chance he starts the years in the majors now, whether he dodges a bullet or not.
    So you think he has been pitching with a sore shoulder all spring?
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by YESSIR! View Post
    Yea, it's ridiculous. I feel for this kid. He's certainly been painted into a corner, and he hasn't even made it to NY yet.
    They got their big story now until the MRI results come back.

NYYF Legend

I would usually agree with this, but his velocity had been down a lot all spring and now he has a sore shoulder which "brought him on the verge of tears". Doesn't sound promising at all, but I am hoping for the best. There's virtually no chance he starts the years in the majors now, whether he dodges a bullet or not.
    But was he on the verge of tears because of the pain, or because he's just really upset with the way everything is going? Heck, maybe it's not that bad and he's just trying to toss out an excuse to absord some of this scrutiny.

But was he on the verge of tears because of the pain, or because he's just really upset with the way everything is going? Heck, maybe it's not that bad and he's just trying to toss out an excuse to absord some of this scrutiny.
    That's why we need to get more information beyond tweets as these reporters act like a freaking mob out of control.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

I don't tihnk he was making an excuse, but I did wonder if the emotion was about realizing he probably wasn't going to make the rotation.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Bah, I would hate it if this was anything serious. This guy looks to be a good kid who made simple honest mistakes because he didn't know any better.

I was hoping this guy would take his bumps without injury this year. I hope he can still learn from this without it being too late.

Get him checked out.

Get him healthy.

Get him in shape.

Be patient.
    You know they are not real pies, right?

"I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

NYYF Legend

So you think he has been pitching with a sore shoulder all spring?
    It's possible that there was some soreness, but that's not really relevant to the point you made.

The pitcher we traded Montero for has soreness behind his right shoulder 7 days before the season starts. Yes, I am concerned and I have every right to be.

NYYF Legend

Hell, just facing the NY Media would make me want to cry, not to mention that Coney mentioned that the kid has been working without an interpreter.

NYYF Legend

If he was on the verge of tears because he's upset with the way everything is going, that's not too good either.

It's possible that there was some soreness, but that's not really relevant to the point you made.

The pitcher we traded Montero for has soreness behind his right shoulder 7 days before the season starts. Yes, I am concerned and I have every right to be.
    What? Who said you had no right to be concerned? I stated that I was concerned myself.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

What? Who said you had no right to be concerned? I stated that I was concerned myself.
    I don't know, it depends who you were referring to when you said that the people jumping to conclusions are hysterical.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

If he was on the verge of tears because he's upset with the way everything is going, that's not too good either.
    I think he has a right to be dissapointed. It's not like he's blaming other people or making excuses
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I think he has a right to be dissapointed. It's not like he's blaming other people or making excuses
    To be fair, I didn't see the interview.

I don't know, it depends who you were referring to when you said that the people jumping to conclusions are hysterical.
    What does that have to do with your right to be concern?

May I also take this time to point out that the "verge of tears" writer was George King? I'd love to see a tape of the interview to see if Pineda was really on the cusp of a bawl session or whether this is the Post's customary creative interpretation of truth.
    Hank 'N Hal's Country Club -- where accountability is soooo 1990s!

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I'm guessing it's the fear that IT IS a serious injury vs. the logical worry that IT COULD be a serious injury. I think at this point even the most optimistic of people have to be worried about soreness in the shoulder. That being said it is also not illogical to hope or even think it could be normal soreness as he says and rest him and then get him back on track. But at this point the best case scenario is that it is just soreness and then send him to the minors to get him back on track.
    Life is good!

I honestly don't know how to respond to this so I will just leave it be.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    May I also take this time to point out that the "verge of tears" writer was George King? I'd love to see a tape of the interview to see if he was really on the cusp of a bawl session or whether this is the Post's customary creative interpretation of truth.
    Agreed.
    This is from the Yankees website:
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...s_nyy&c_id=nyy
    Pineda was despondent as he talked to reporters following his 2 2/3-inning outing at George M. Steinbrenner Field, in which he permitted six runs and seven hits and did not have command of his fastball.

Asked to pinpoint the area that bothered him, Pineda pointed to the back of his right shoulder.

"Today my arm is a little sore. Most of the time, it's not," Pineda said. "When I'm throwing, it's a little sore. It's normal. Sometimes every player doesn't feel 100 percent if they play every day, you know?"

Pineda said he told the Yankees about the soreness after he was lifted from the game. He said that he had also been opening his left shoulder too much in his delivery, causing his fastball to run.

"I don't know. I tried to pitch my game," Pineda said. "I tried to throw harder today. I don't know what was my velocity. I tried a couple of times."

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I'm guessing it's the fear that IT IS a serious injury vs. the logical worry that IT COULD be a serious injury. I think at this point even the most optimistic of people have to be worried about soreness in the shoulder. That being said it is also not illogical to hope or even think it could be normal soreness as he says and rest him and then get him back on track. But at this point the best case scenario is that it is just soreness and then send him to the minors to get him back on track.
    Pretty much. Except I think some people are CONVINCED it is a serious injury. I certainly worry that it COULD be but I am not going to pencil him in on the DL just yet.

Pitchers usually injure themselves when they are trying to pitch through fatigue and exert themselves. Wasn't a smart thing for Pineda not to mention he was experiencing discomfort, however very understandable considering his age and what was at stake.

MRI tomorrow. That should be interesting. Everything else is hearsay.

NYYF MVP

It could be normal soreness but would it shock anyone if the Yankee organization used this as a opportunity to just send him to AAA and work on him irrelevant of how serious or not serious the injury is?

NYYF Legend

MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning, per Ken Singleton.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Pretty much. Except I think some people are CONVINCED it is a serious injury. I certainly worry that it COULD be but I am not going to pencil him in on the DL just yet.
    Yes, that was what I was trying to say but you said it better. I'm not saying it isn't serious, but until tests are run, I"m not sure how anyone (myself included) can determine if it is/isn't serious watching on TV. But I think we can all agree it isn't good news to say the least. Let's just hope it is as he said and is normal soreness and if he was emotional as George King said it was just the overall circumstances and not more.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Whether he is placed on the DL or sent to the minors, he is almost certainly NOT starting the year in the majors. The Yanks are super cautious with their young pitchers. Even if the MRI comes back clean they'll probably shut him down for a few weeks, which would probably mean he doesn't pitch in the majors all of April.

Thread Information