+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 111 FirstFirst ... 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 88 ... LastLast
Results 926 to 950 of 2768
  1. #926
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StaleMilk View Post
    Agreed. The Yankees would have a plethora of reasons for sending him down. Not to mention they have absolutely no history of this.
    Except for on-field performance of course.
    Life is good!

  2. #927
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Is this game gonna be on YES?

  3. #928

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Except for on-field performance of course.
    I'm sure they can say a number of things that would be very diificult to prove otherwise.

  4. #929

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Read in a couple of places that " HIS ROTATION SPOT IS IN JEOPARDY "

    Yanks concerned with amount of cutters he's throwing

    Yanks concerned with lost velocity

    Blah blah blah

    Let's hope it's just the hacks filling up column space. If he does lose his rotation spot to sweaty Freddy, it seems like the only valid reason would be an injury- he's proved himself @ the ML level

    And you thought the level of discourse here was bad previously.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  5. #930

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post

    Is this game gonna be on YES?
    Yep, 7PM Start

  6. #931

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StaleMilk View Post
    I'm sure they can say a number of things that would be very diificult to prove otherwise.
    lets ask this, how do you justify sending down pineda instead of nova in any way other than service time manipulation?
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  7. #932
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    lets ask this, how do you justify sending down pineda instead of nova in any way other than service time manipulation?
    Did Michael go 16-4 for the Yankees last year? Thought not.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  8. #933

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    pineda had a better season than nova last year
    always reasonable

  9. #934

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Did Michael go 16-4 for the Yankees last year? Thought not.

    what is it 1980? pineda was an allstar last year on a crappy team, and the yankees gave up their best prospect for him, and every number besides ERA and W/L record favored Pineda. oh and Pineda has pitched significantly better so far this year than Nova
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  10. #935
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    lets ask this, how do you justify sending down pineda instead of nova in any way other than service time manipulation?
    They can say they are trying to figure out why his FB velocity is down and that they want him to work on a few things.

  11. #936

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    They can say they are trying to figure out why his FB velocity is down and that they want him to work on a few things.
    then pineda's camp says its a rehab assignment and he gets service time. and if he has to work on some stuff what does Nova need?
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  12. #937
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    pineda had a better season than nova last year
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    what is it 1980? pineda was an allstar last year on a crappy team, and the yankees gave up their best prospect for him, and every number besides ERA and W/L record favored Pineda. oh and Pineda has pitched significantly better so far this year than Nova
    Nova had a better ERA+ and a decidedly better second half than Pineda.

    I'm not going to sit here and tell you Nova is a better pitcher but if I'm before an MLB grievence board representing the Yankees I can go on all day why Pineda should be sent to the minors and service time would NEVER enter any of my arguments.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  13. #938
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    then pineda's camp says its a rehab assignment and he gets service time. and if he has to work on some stuff what does Nova need?
    The Yankees say Pindea came in out of shape and need to build arm strenght. That he should have thought of that before he got lazy and its a straight optuon not a rehab.

    Nova is irrelevant to the argument of why the Yankees optioned Pineda instead of Nova in any kind of grievence.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  14. #939
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    then pineda's camp says its a rehab assignment and he gets service time. and if he has to work on some stuff what does Nova need?
    How can it be a rehab assignment if there is no injury?

    Nova is showing the same repertoire he was showing last year. Pineda is not.

  15. #940

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Nova had a better ERA+ and a decidedly better second half than Pineda.

    I'm not going to sit here and tell you Nova is a better pitcher but if I'm before an MLB grievence board representing the Yankees I can go on all day why Pineda should be sent to the minors and service time would NEVER enter any of my arguments.
    of course the yankees would never say it was just about service time, but pineda has more than enough ammo to prove that it is, and then the whole point about sending him down for an extra year is completely wasted.
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  16. #941
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    of course the yankees would never say it was just about service time, but pineda has more than enough ammo to prove that it is, and then the whole point about sending him down for an extra year is completely wasted.
    what amo? His average FB is down 3 mph and he has options, the Yanks need no other justification. Regardless of if that is stupid or warrented.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  17. #942

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    How can it be a rehab assignment if there is no injury?

    Nova is showing the same repertoire he was showing last year. Pineda is not.

    yet pineda was a better pitcher last year and this year so far.


    this is all pointless because

    A) they would be stupid to send him down
    B) if they did with the intention of only manipulating his service time it could completely blow up in their face.
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  18. #943
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    yet pineda was a better pitcher last year and this year so far.


    this is all pointless because

    A) they would be stupid to send him down
    B) if they did with the intention of only manipulating his service time it could completely blow up in their face.
    You didn't answer my question.

    I don't think they are sending Pineda down (for the record), I was just saying that they can definitely justify it due to his lack of FB velocity that even Cashman has acknowledged publicly multiple times.

  19. #944

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    You didn't answer my question.

    I don't think they are sending Pineda down (for the record), I was just saying that they can definitely justify it due to his lack of FB velocity that even Cashman has acknowledged publicly multiple times.
    there is no answer for where his velocity is, so there is no reason to believe the minors is going to make him find it. if nova and pineda's numbers were reversed there could be a plausible reason for sending him down, but he has performed well even without the velocity. and Pineda himself continues to say he isnt trying to throw his hardest and you get into another debate
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  20. #945

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    it probably takes quite the smoking gun, heavy evidence to win a grievance case.
    always reasonable

  21. #946
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    there is no answer for where his velocity is, so there is no reason to believe the minors is going to make him find it. if nova and pineda's numbers were reversed there could be a plausible reason for sending him down, but he has performed well even without the velocity. and Pineda himself continues to say he isnt trying to throw his hardest and you get into another debate
    Sure there is a reason to believe the minors will help him find it. He came to camp 10-20 pounds overweight and they want him to continue to work himself back into shape.

    Wasn't the argument on this forum that he was hitting 98 last spring because he played winter ball?

  22. #947
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    there is no answer for where his velocity is, so there is no reason to believe the minors is going to make him find it. if nova and pineda's numbers were reversed there could be a plausible reason for sending him down, but he has performed well even without the velocity. and Pineda himself continues to say he isnt trying to throw his hardest and you get into another debate
    I firmly believe that Micahel Pineda is one ofthe 5 best starters the Yankees have right now. That's not the argument I'm making.

    I also firmly believe that while it would make the most sense for the Yankees short and long term to have him in the rotation. In my opinion I can easily make a case for sending him to AAA because his FB velo is down and he has 5+ ERA in the second half last year.

    The Yanks can also say, sure his spring numbers look good but he did a lot aginst lesser competion and spring mean squat.

    Now if he comes out throwing 94-96 today against the Phils, I can't make any argument based on velocity so for Michaels sake, and the Yankees, I sure hope he comes out throwing hard cheese today and puts this whole debate to rest.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  23. #948
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    b-ball-lunachick if I offended you I apologize.

    All women are not passive aggressive was more of a throw away comment didn't realize there was a woman poster here.

    So I hope you can accept my apology.
    if? "if" must mean something different on your side of the ocean.



    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Goodness, so much petty bickering. It's like I'm in a room with a bunch of females.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  24. #949

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    I love a good hypothetical conspiracy theory thread.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  25. #950

    Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

    Why would you bump that up after the issue is over & done with?

    //edit @ajra

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts